BB's 100th RS Win: Shalise with a little look inside the press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/PatsBlog/

Lost in all the hubbub this week -- something about a wide receiver and a former coach -- was the fact that Bill Belichick won his 100th regualr season game as a head coach last Sunday.

So we finally asked him about it yesterday. Characteristically, he said now is not the time to sit and reflect.

"It was nice to win; it's nice to win the opener. I think that's the most important thing. I'm sure there will be a day to look back and count `em up or whatever, but I mean right now the only thing I care about is the `06 season. Believe me, I'd rather have 100 than 99 this week, I'm not saying that, but I'm just really focused on what our record is this season."

Though you can't tell from his formal comments, Belichick was appreciative that someone remembered to ask about his milestone. He's the 30th man to reach 100 regular-season wins in NFL history.
It's nice when the local boys and girls choose not to ignore your milestones.

On Jackson's progress: "Well, it's good to see him back out there. At least he's out there, so that's good. We have to decide [if he's learned enough to play this week] when we make our active list."

I noticed this little bit further on down. I wonder if he plays this week. To me that makes it sound like right now its not really the hammy thing thats holding him up.

Willie55 said:
I noticed this little bit further on down. I wonder if he plays this week. To me that makes it sound like right now its not really the hammy thing thats holding him up.
It's also Bill lowering expectations, no need for the rookie to carry the kind of burden a handful posters and pundits have been preparing for him.

I wonder how Shalise knows he was apprecative about being asked. Did he smile when he answered? Did he say "Thanks for asking" afterward?

He probably was just happy not to have to answer the Deion or the Eric Mangini questions again.

Hoodie said:
I wonder how Shalise knows he was apprecative about being asked. Did he smile when he answered? Did he say "Thanks for asking" afterward?

He probably was just happy not to have to answer the Deion or the Eric Mangini questions again.
I'm sure you can read body language and a person's voice inflections and determine how they are reacting to your questions/conversation. Shalise has stepped it up since Curran moved out, the Projo Pats' beat is doing very nicely.

Hey Box -- I know my comment sounded critical but I wasn't actually critizing Shalise. I agree her blog has been pretty informative. I was just wondering how she knew for sure that he was pleased to be asked.

Hoodie said:
Hey Box -- I know my comment sounded critical but I wasn't actually critizing Shalise. I agree her blog has been pretty informative. I was just wondering how she knew for sure that he was pleased to be asked.
I hear he wags his tail when he's happy, but that may just be an urban legend. ;)

Box_O_Rocks said:
It's also Bill lowering expectations, no need for the rookie to carry the kind of burden a handful posters and pundits have been preparing for him.

Excellent point, Box. One we should all take to heart.

Box_O_Rocks said:
I hear he wags his tail when he's happy, but that may just be an urban legend. ;)

There's an image.

Hoodie said:

I'd bet he said something afterwards. She tips that a little by mentioning the "formal comments," implying other "informal comments" with that construction. He's an extremely careful guy when the camera's tallies are lit, but I'm sure he's not above mentioning a quick private "thanks" in a situation like that. And any decent reporter would know not to betray him by mentioning it.

PlattsFan said:
I'm sure he's not above mentioning a quick private "thanks" in a situation like that. And any decent reporter would know not to betray him by mentioning it.

You forgot that most reporters are not decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back