Welcome to PatsFans.com

BBC uncovers lost Iraq billions

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Jun 10, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

story:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/7444083.stm

Mission Accomplished.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  2. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This right here:
    suggests the only research they did was to talk to ol' flare-nose and no one else.
    Halliburton has been awarded no bid contracts before. Bill Clinton even created some for them while he was in office.
  3. Wotan_the_Wanderer

Wotan_the_Wanderer Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wes....if you're a comcast customer, try watching "Iraq for Sale" on OnDemand. I think it's free though I'm not sure. I saw this when it first came out and it's maddening. Futher, I really don't understand people who'll play partisan politics over this whether it's the Dems or the Reps.

If people truly are sincere about "Support the Troops" slogan, then what's going on is enough to piss you off.

Further, though I think Patters might have posted this since he seems to be pretty good with digging up whistle-blowing articles, people should watch the testimony of Judge Rahdi Hamza, who is currently in exhile and was the former anti-corruption czar of Iraq, to Congress. I saw it on C-Span and I'm fairly sure it's still there.
  4. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

As right now , i am still a comcast customer , i will definitely look into that documentary on demand : "Iraq for Sale"
    Thank you.
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

I don't know why, but I've always freakn' loved whistle blowers. I wish I could have had the opportunity to be one.

A while back, the thought came to me that the citizen of this country could get together and start an espionage group of our own. Maybe the Citizens' Intellegence Agency or CIA for short!:D

Anyway, this group would form for the purpose of uncovering secrets that shouldn't be secrets in both the political and economic arenas. These people could raise their children to aspire to great heights in business & in government but not to make millions, but to blow the whistle.

Now to me, it shouldn't matter whether you're republican or democrat since we all want corruption uncovered at all levels and at any costs...don't we?
  6. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So...you don't think there should be any secrets?
  7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

I didn't say that. I said uncover secrets that shouldn't be secrets...big difference.

I think we can all agree that there's too much corruption in government. As a matter of fact, any corruption is too much. To me, the biggest act of betrayal besides treason an American can make is to make (corrupt) money from the priveledged position of political office.

Obviously we could never stop ALL corruption so start at the highest levels and work our way down. Particularly in the area of our military, but not exclusively.

Also, I have no idea what happened in the Area 57 incident, but our "if" we do have visitors, you & I and all Americans have a right to know.

Those kinds of secrets.

also, no politician can belong to any secret societies where they can bond with their fellow elitist and ponder the future of OUR country. In my opinion, there aren't any chosen "special" people who are better qualified to determine this country's future.
  8. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Uh huh. So how is your little group going to differentiate between those secrets that should be secrets and those that shouldn't?

And who gets to decide what a "secret society" is? Skull and Bones? Masons? Where do you draw the line?

When you make the tinfoil hats, do you use a double ply or single ply foil? Is bargain brand as good as name brand?
  9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

I was once kidnapped by aliens!

As for secret societies, are you serious about who should determine which ones are secret? How about the ones with the secret oaths and the ones that make you swear to SECRECY?

no politician should belong to any of them. They're fine for the general public, but if you decide to seek public office, then you must give up your membership.

John F Kennedy said the "very word secret society is repugnant". So do you disagree with him?
  10. Wotan_the_Wanderer

Wotan_the_Wanderer Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I must say your aspirations are far more nobel and egalitarian than mine.
    Hell, I'd settle for being annointed guru of an Ukrainian sex cult.
    Even a hedonist is bound to the truth in one form or another however orgiastic that truth might be. :cool:
  11. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So you want anyone entering public office to have to give up yet more of their lives? The constant media anal probing isn't enough for you?

My question stands. If they're secret societies, how the christ are you going to know they're members or not? Think it through.

And yes, I disagree with the sainted JFK.
  12. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

Why do you like secret societies?

Do you believe that there are elite citizens in this country who are members of secret societies that are passed the torch so to speak to run this nation? I don't! I think that's a crock of shyte and you being an intellegent man should agree.

If you don't agree with JFK's comment, why?
  13. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I didn't say I liked them. I said I didn't give a crap. There's a difference, don't you think?

Re-read your second line/graph there and tell me if that's what you mean to say.

And I don't agree with JFK because I don't give a crap about secret societies.
  14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

those are great fact-based reasons...

In my second line, I said

"Do you believe that there are elite citizens in this country who are members of secret societies that are passed the torch so to speak to run this nation? I don't! I think that's a crock of shyte and you being an intellegent man should agree."

Let me explain in more detail.

There are no elite citizens in this county...only those who "think" they're elite & priveledged. Most of those that belong to the major secret societies like the Skulls and the Masons think they are elite. Especially the officers of these societies. They even have the balls to believe they have been passed the torch to run the United States. The torch they believe has been passed on by the likes of Benjamin Franklin, etc.

I believe it's all a joke and a farce. they are no different than you & I except that they were born into wealth.

I then stated that from reading your posts, I believe you're an intellegent man and any intellegent man should agree with what I've just written. If you don't agree, then you'd have to believe there is some mysterious force that is passed on from our ancesters and forefathers just because you belong to one of these groups.

Hope that's a little clearer ap.