Welcome to PatsFans.com

BB unique approach to creating depth and dealing with injuries and disappointments...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by BlitzFritz, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlitzFritz

BlitzFritz Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

One thing that has stuck me as I look back over the season.

The number of important players who were not on the original 53, but stashed on practice squad, shadow roster, and PUP. He really knows how to create extra depth.

- Gerard Warren -- cut and kept on shadow roster
    - Marcus Cannon, Ron Brace, Kevin Faulk - stashed on PUP
    - Sterling Moore -- shadow roster

Plus
    - Shaun Ellis on the 53 -- kept on ice in case injuries hit (!)

Looks like he was determined not to run out of DL players like last year!!

reactions??

-- FRITZ
  2. The-Hooded-One

The-Hooded-One Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: BB unique approach to creating depth and dealing with injuries and disappointment

Shaun Ellis was "kept on ice" because he wasn't playing very well.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  3. BelizePats

BelizePats Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Re: BB unique approach to creating depth and dealing with injuries and disappointment

This. I like Ellis and he may still be a valuable piece over the next 2 games, if his snaps are highly limited.
    If you watch him through the season, his leggs are gone.
  4. The-Hooded-One

The-Hooded-One Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He has seemed to be better the past couple games he's been in there, with a couple sacks.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  5. BSR

BSR Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

He looked pretty good the other day. He was powerful and quick. All we need is a handful of quality snaps from him like those against Denver for two more games (hopefully).
  6. BB4PRez

BB4PRez Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I couldn't agree more. Last year the defensive line was Big Vince and some scotch tape in the Jets playoff game. (IMO the weakness in the D-line was a big factor in that loss).

I think there was a plan to be in better shape for the playoffs this year. It worked Saturday lets hope it keeps working.
  7. BlitzFritz

BlitzFritz Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

my sense was that ellis wasnt playing as well as Carter, so couldnt crack the lineup. but not is a really strong option in the 4-3 who can play run and passrush.

how about having a player like Gerard Warren just sitting on your shadow roster (cut), and picking him up in midseason?

how about getting a guy like Marcus Cannon midseason to handle injuries to Vollmer, Light. ?

-- FRITZ
  8. NEP4Life

NEP4Life Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If Shaun Ellis can give the Pats Shaun Ellis for only two more games, that'll be a huge plus for the D.
  9. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +773 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

Yes! Clearly Ron Brace is the key to the Lombardi.
  10. MSU

MSU Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Only good games I've seen out of Shaun Ellis lately have been in the playoffs, versus us and then against the Broncos. I'm completely fine with that if he keeps it up. Helluva a lot better than Ochosucko.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.