PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB Slams NFL in Wed Presser

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no respect for Goodell either he is a complete idiot and the way he handled the entire Favre sex scandal was horrendous and he is changing the way we know football with his new rules of the hard hits. All he knows is sending you a pre-stamped envelope with a fine amount.

I don't follow the NBA much myself, though me and a friend are talking about going to a Bucks game this season (if our wives will let us, that is. ;) ) But I do know a lot of fans seem less than pleased with Stern's performance, and there is an overall consensus that their league will almost certainly have a lockout next season, while the NFL has a better chance of avoiding one.

One thing that blows my mind about the NBA is that they have much smaller team rosters than the NFL, and play far more games in their season, and yet they have the highest average ticket price of the four major leagues. :eek:

My biggest criticism of Stern is that he has not acted quickly enough to address teams that have lost money on a regular basis. I support retraction, but Stern wants to go to a revenue sharing model and a stricter salary cap - essentially a carbon copy of the NFL, but yet keep teams with lousy owners in the league who are using their teams as tax write offs because they are losing money. Lots of poor owners out there who have a tough time putting a quality product on the floor.

Slams? That's a pretty hyperbolic way of putting it.

More like, he "tweaked" the NFL. BB's a funnier guy than he's given credit for; these little barbs of his are hardly uncommon.

BB doesn't slam people in a public way. This is the way he does it. The intendended audience is left with little doubt as to his "feeling" on the issue while most shrug it off as a minor barb.

His signature hoodie was said to be because they made him wear NFL gear, so he chose the ugliest thing they offered then lopped off the arms. It's just his way of saying that the policy is BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back