PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB rips Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
now watch the local boston media kill belichick for letting welker go saying it wouldnt have happened if they he kept him and how its sour grapes etc etc etc. this is gold for borges and company.

If hes saying This in public can't imagine what hes saying in private. I can't remember BB EVER making such a comment about a player before.

Fact that he went back and looked at the tape and said it , seems he was clearly determined to look at it.

Good point from Breer. He says the last time Belichick went off publicly like that was complaining about the Houston turf after Welker tire his ACL.

And I hope you really honestly consider what you just wrote there. That's disgusting. Wishing injury on any player is disgusting. Do you realize that breaking your leg is an injury that can effect you for life? You wish this on him because he called a slightly above average player "sorry?"

From right after the game on Twitter:
Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25 8h
Praying for @NBowman53 ... Hate to see such an amazing player go down like that... Speedy recovery

As for the Welker play, which is what this thread is actually about, that was obviously an intentional pick play, Welker obviously was trying to take him out, and it worked. It was probably the dirtiest play against the Pats since Bobby Wade and Rodney Harrison.

Screw the Donkeys, go Seahawks

I hope you are aware I was referring to wanting to see Sherman hit Welker. Read that again before you try to attack me.

And wishing injury on a player is bad yes, but on a player that intentionally tries to injury other players is something I have no problem with.

Maybe it will settle over time, but I don't want Wes in the Pats HOF.

Welker better beg Denver to cut him after the season so he can play for a team that doesn't play the Patriots next season.

Well, BB knows by now they will blow it up into a big deal. I'm sure he wants attention brought to it and this is the way to do it.

Who knows, maybe Denver will get called for offensive pass interference in the super bowl and it will end up costing them the game.

Maybe it will settle over time, but I don't want Wes in the Pats HOF.

I think he's damaged his reputation with the fan base as a result of this.
still though. His numbers here are out of this world.
I'll watch with interest considering the final vote is a fan vote. And fans do have long memories.

What also drove me up the wall apart from talib's injury on that play was, it came only a handful of plays after the PI call on Hooman for setting a pick.
I was watching the game at a friends house with A group of people, some knowledgeable and some not. After the call on Hooman we were talking about the PI call and I said to a couple of guys who aren't huge fans, watch, Denver runs that pick ten times a game and never gets called for it, and then a few plays later Welker sets the pick on talib. There was at least one other blatant pick by Denver on an underneath crossing pattern that went for a big gain that was not called too.

Welker better beg Denver to cut him after the season so he can play for a team that doesn't play the Patriots next season.

He's one Peyton suicide pass away from getting into serious trouble. I hope this team doesn't go out and look for retribution next season. I'd rather we beat them on the field.

Who knows, maybe Denver will get called for offensive pass interference in the super bowl and it will end up costing them the game.
Based on what we saw yesterday, there's no chance of that. Those receivers were doing whatever the hell they wanted. Pretty sad when you realize that the only logical point of emphasis for the refs going into the game was those plays, and they did an absolutely awful job of enforcing OPI with any consistency.

I'll have to rewatch the game but if we're going to rail against Wes for this I think we've also got to hate on Julian for a similar play just a few minutes earlier in the game.

I'll have to rewatch the game but if we're going to rail against Wes for this I think we've also got to hate on Julian for a similar play just a few minutes earlier in the game.

Edelman's was well after the pass was caught and was a clean block. He never lowered his body to the extent Welker. It also wasn't OPI like Welker's was.

Seahawks DBs will be aware of this. Welker better have his head on a swivel in the Super Bowl.

x

The Pats got out hit and out penaltied all game. The way this game was reffed is why I posted what I did two days BEFORE the game and picked Denver. The Welker shot was one singular incident. The wholesale holding and tackling of Pats rushers from behind the entire game was the crunching blow. Manning was never touched. If you can't rush him, you may as well sit back and just rush three which the Pats did the last two series before the first half ended. Talib's injury shuffled assignments in the secondary and you could see some confusion for whatever reason. On one particular play, Arrington has Demaryius Thomas in coverage off the snap, Thomas comes off the line, Arrington lets him go to the sideline on his break, and Arrington covers NOBODY. Just sits in an open hole in the zone with no Bronco within 5 yards of him. Thomas meanwhile is WIDE OPEN, makes the3 easy catch and gains huge yardage.

We played on Denver's home field. We knew going in we'd probably have to put up with some home cooking. The vicious hit on Hooman that knocked his helmet off clearly indicated the Pats would not be getting any consideration from this ref crew and THAT was a meme that wove itself through the entire game also, with Edelman the primary focus of intentional dirty shots.You could see the Denver defenders knew they could get away with it and they did. That's just football. Sometimes you get the bull sometimes you get the horns.

Overcoming the tenor of the officiating in a game like this requires MAKING PLAYS. We missed on too many opportunities that we had to get points we needed. Brady missed wide open receivers deep at least twice. He makes those throws the Pats arre at least IN the game. He didn't. The thin air? Too hyped up? Whatever. What the Patriots need to do for next season is make it a mission to secure home field. Home field/home cooking.

I'm not going to rip into Welker.He did what he was called on to do. I'm on the record here from the start as a Welker hater for the crap he pulled when he left, so that play doesn't impact me in one way or another. I do look forward to seeing how the Seahawk secondary deals with him in two weeks though. Denver CAN play dirty, the Seahawks are the league's best at BEING DIRTY.All game. I doubt we'll see Demaryius Thomas running around like Bambi in THAT secondary.

There was an equally cheap shot on Vereen later in the game too, Brady lead him too far on a pass and some scrub went and launched himself right into the front of his knees after the ball had gone by!

Thankfully, nothing bad came of that one though.

Seahawks DBs will be aware of this. Welker better have his head on a swivel in the Super Bowl.

x

Not going to be an issue in the SB. Peyton isn''t going to be throwing too many passes while he's laying on his back.

After the ball is caught, any defender needs to be prepared to be blocked. Before the ball is caught, no defender in coverage should have to worried about getting blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back