PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB: Revis Sent Home Lateness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the actual story is DR overslept, BB told him to not come to practice based on a team standard of responsibility, but DR came in anyway specifically to apologize, this is actually good news. A whole lot of young/newby Patriots just got a good message of: No matter who you are the approach to your practice/preparation is of a singular and utmost seriousness. No matter your name or the amount of money you make, it is expected from every star to every practice squad player. DR apparently accepting it from a 'mea culpa[what's best for the team]' standpoint, it makes this message an even better one. It's a message that even the highest paid player on the team(?) completely accepts the rules/expectations of BB (contrast that with a couple of players in the past who whined about how unfair BB was).

Since I haven't seen any reports of Revis having his toes up by the fireplace, I think this will be a non issue inside 1 Patriot Place. The internet is a different story though...

Wait a minute, so he was late, so he was told to stay home ? Damn, wish my job did that, I'd be late everyday on purpose.

Heh, reminds me of this

I'm with others. This doesn't bother me too much. Everything else we've seen to this point suggests that Revis is very much in the good graces of the BB and the other guys in the locker room.

Christ did it already start snowing up there :confused:

Players? Welker was the only one I recall getting benched and that was for a series.

And Welker's situation was for a lot more than just being late to practice. He purposely had a 1 minute pre-planned comedy routine on Rex Ryan after Belichick warned the entire team about making any unnecessary comments about what had happened in his personal life.

So Asomugha first gives so-so effort on the field ( I don't care yet about performance, give him more games, but he looks like he is jogging every play) and now its an issue off the field.

Meh, he is a jest after all . So bad he dont has the same mindset as Woodhead.

Oh, the grandfather funeral thing from 11 years ago. Still a strange thing to be benched for.

Seymour went to his grandfather's funeral and did not make it back for Friday practice(walkthrough).. it has always been SOP for this team if you want to play on Sunday, you show up on Friday. Seymour was no exception...

He was not "benched" he was held back for the first two defensive series, and when he did come in he was extremely effective...

If you have a rule, the rule applies to everyone.. no matter where they stand on the roster.

This will be a big deal on the airwaves and BB will be the bad guy, but this is the way this organization operates... being on time is not a difficult rule to follow.

Heh, reminds me of this

I'm with others. This doesn't bother me too much. Everything else we've seen to this point suggests that Revis is very much in the good graces of the BB and the other guys in the locker room.

The Simpsons stole this from me, except I said that straight to my bosses face in 1996. He said if you don't come in Friday don't come in Monday. I said, alright a 4 day weekend. My boss was none too pleased, some people just don't appreciate a good sense of humor.

So Asomugha first gives so-so effort on the field ( I don't care yet about performance, give him more games, but he looks like he is jogging every play) and now its an issue off the field.

Meh, he is a jest after all . So bad he dont has the same mindset as Woodhead.

???????

I'm starting to think that this board needs a translation function.

Seymour went to his grandfather's funeral and did not make it back for Friday practice(walkthrough).. it has always been SOP for this team if you want to play on Sunday, you show up on Friday. Seymour was no exception...

He was not "benched" he was held back for the first two defensive series, and when he did come in he was extremely effective...

If you have a rule, the rule applies to everyone.. no matter where they stand on the roster.

This will be a big deal on the airwaves and BB will be the bad guy, but this is the way this organization operates... being on time is not a difficult rule to follow.
Seymour missed Thursday's practice and when he showed up Friday after the practice he was told he wasn't starting. He then came in on 3rd down about 6 minutes into the second quarter. He was clearly benched for that period of time.

Last edited:
the more that comes out, I see this as a non-issue. Revis overslept, belicheck told him to just stay home. and he showed up at the facility later to apologize as a good leader would. it doesnt even sound like he came in. he probably called BB and he told him to stay home

this is a non-issue

Belichick setting the rat trap. He's going to sniff him out. Bet he's getting close.

I think it's Tigg.

And yes, that was an SOA reference.

Boston traffic is atrocious, I really do not take anything from him being late.

Whats with all of these sources? I don't like that aspect one bit. Can't these people keep their mouth's shut.

Why? You don't like getting inside information on your favorite team?

allen_iverson-es.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing