PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB: Revis Sent Home Lateness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was cleaning his car with his doge

2gsidrp.jpg

As long as Revis doesn't go all Adailius Thomas on this then it should be fine.

Seems like there are more confirmations coming in on the story. I guess we will see if its any reason to worry.

As others have pointed out, if they allow him to go to free agency (which is going to happen unless they blow him away with an exceptional offer), then it becomes a 50/50 shot at best that another team isn't going to make him a better offer.

I'm worried much more about that aspect, than I am about him being late.

As others have pointed out, if they allow him to go to free agency (which is going to happen unless they blow him away with an exceptional offer), then it becomes a 50/50 shot at best that another team isn't going to make him a better offer.

I'm worried much more about that aspect, than I am about him being late.
If he gets to free agency I think he is probably gone. It would be us vs. every other team. The story was he preferred the Jets to the Pats this year but they didn't want him. A lot is riding on how the front office handles this one but past performance does not fill me with confidence.

Not worried about this:

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 1m1 minute ago
Update: A 4th league source says Revis overslept Tues morning. After being sent home, Revis returned to facility to apologize to Belichick

Last edited:
If he gets to free agency I think he is probably gone. It would be us vs. every other team. The story was he preferred the Jets to the Pats this year but they didn't want him. A lot is riding on how the front office handles this one but past performance does not fill me with confidence.

Not worried about this:

Update: A 4th league source says Revis overslept Tues morning. After being sent home, Revis returned to facility to apologize to Belichick

Whats with all of these sources? I don't like that aspect one bit. Can't these people keep their mouth's shut.

Not worried about this:

If true it's a dead issue, were all human it happens let's move on. Good on Revis showing respect and being a man about it and apologizing.

The fact it was a minor issue like this, and with revis apologizing, I think this is fine. Just as long as bb wasn't a d*ck about it, this will be forgotten by tomorrow evening

Seems like there are more confirmations coming in on the story. I guess we will see if its any reason to worry.
Reason to worry? A football player being sent home from practice? We're taking about PRACTICE!! Man, you must have as spectacular life if this gives you a reason to worry.

Read on bostonherald.com that he was told to just stay home from practice by the team after over sleeping. He went to stadium after the players left to meet with BB and apologize. Sounds like a harmless mistake that he took ownership of.

BB: Why were you late?
Revis: Sorry Bill still dealing with my old Jets demons....
BB: Yeah I had some of that my first season here, 5-11 remember? Take the afternoon off....

Read on bostonherald.com that he was told to just stay home from practice by the team after over sleeping. He went to stadium after the players left to meet with BB and apologize. Sounds like a harmless mistake that he took ownership of.
No. The Boston media will not allow that. This is life and death and don't forget it.

Wait a minute, so he was late, so he was told to stay home ? Damn, wish my job did that, I'd be late everyday on purpose.

Revis: Ya coach my bad overslept, this practice on Tuesday thing screwed me up.
BB:You go ahead and take the day off we aren't really doing much anyways

No. The Boston media will not allow that. This is life and death and don't forget it.
Until he plays 95% of the snaps on Sunday and shuts down Jeffrey or Marshall.

In the past,Pats players get benched for a quarter or a half for team violations. Expect BB to be consistent

In the past,Pats players get benched for a quarter or a half for team violations. Expect BB to be consistent
Players? Welker was the only one I recall getting benched and that was for a series. Who am I missing?

Much of the media will only be too happy to throw fuel on this story.

Send him home ... a good way to give a beast a day off ... Saturday night he will be eating grizzly burgers researching Holt Collier - famed bear hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes