PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB reacts to Moss "I am unwanted" remarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill gets it. He tells fans and media what they need to know, not what they want to know. Often times that works to a players advantage. Randy doesn't get it. He's emotional, he's moody, he thinks he's letting everyone know what a great guy he is, playing hard and producing for a team that probably doesn't want him going forward in part because he sometimes doesn't... I hope for his sake as well as ours he doesn't get laid up on Revis Island because if he starts to even look like he's sulking or struggling against competition in the regular season as he seldom does in the pre season the media will eviscerate him and in effect he will have no one to blame because he had to draw attention to himself...and if it snowballs he can just go look in the mirror for the culprit who keeps dogging his relationships...

Felger and his cohorts were already all over this last week. Apparently late last week he chose to act like a malcontent at a media attended team sponsored high rollers event to in their view potentially send a message that while he loves the fans (beyond adult autograph collectors seeking freebies) and his teamates he isn't stroking the boss man's high end clientele because the boss man hasn't stroked him in almost 2 years now... He left the table he was seated at and went off by himself and put his headphones on and just chilled and didn't mingle... Just childish crap... Why don't they get it. Had he been the star of the event and made his boss beam he might have an extension supporter whose opinion outweighs most everyone else's in his corner.

Early this AM WCVB said this as they were giving the morning's headlines: " Randy Moss is feeling UNWANTED (their emphasis) in NE!"

My first thought was "Randy, Lose the Drama!" I didn't know what it was all about and couldn't hang around to find out but seriously that was exactly how I felt, Florio-ish I guess :p. Whatever it's about though I don't think anybody wants drama and bs. Did he actually use those words "I am unwanted"?? LOL:bricks: The news mentioned it as being part of an interview but I didn't find anything on their page. Is it about his contract or what? Did he find out you guys called him a dog-faker was it? :rofl:

sounds like wagging the dog to me.......let the press talk about this so they don't harp about something else

the story about Moss is not continuous with his demeanor on the sidelines so far this preseason.

You'd figure people that say things to get a reaction would have a clue when the tables are turned. Guess during the feeding frenzy noone has enough control to stop and think.

I know Florio's dumb, but is he *stupid*? Moss is in a contract year; he'll go out and kick ass this year, if not for personal pride and his team then because he's playing for his next contract. I can personally guarantee to Florio that nobody's thinking along the lines of his ******ed "potential translation".

Bill gets it. He tells fans and media what they need to know, not what they want to know. Often times that works to a players advantage. Randy doesn't get it. He's emotional, he's moody, he thinks he's letting everyone know what a great guy he is, playing hard and producing for a team that probably doesn't want him going forward in part because he sometimes doesn't... I hope for his sake as well as ours he doesn't get laid up on Revis Island because if he starts to even look like he's sulking or struggling against competition in the regular season as he seldom does in the pre season the media will eviscerate him and in effect he will have no one to blame because he had to draw attention to himself...and if it snowballs he can just go look in the mirror for the culprit who keeps dogging his relationships...

Are you ****ing me? Randy has been one of the best players on this team since 2007. How anyone can even question Randy Moss and his work ethic is beyond me. Think of it this way, you're entering a contract year along with several other players on the team. All off season everyone but you is either extended or in the talks of an extension. Would that not make you feel somewhat unwanted? Randy never said he was unhappy or displeased with the organization and even if he was, he only has one way to make big money - by playing incredibly well. He's 33 years old - sitting out, showing displeasure, "dogging it", etc is not going to get him a contract like it is for a young guy like Revis. If he doesn't show the league he still has it this season no one is going to want to give him millions of dollars, he's just going to become the next T.O.

Last edited:
You can praise BB for many things. His ability to speak to the press, or anyone outside of his team is not one of them.

:bricks: that's one of the things he does best IMHO:rocker:

:bricks: that's one of the things he does best IMHO:rocker:

Agreed, he has the ability. He often lacks the motivation, simply because he is attending to other things.

BB quoted later today on this:

"Well, he probably won't be wanted around here after this year. He's gotten pretty old and slow. I can't see him having another high production year. That's why we've kept all these young, fast guys around, to start to blend them in as Randy fades away."

You can praise BB for many things. His ability to speak to the press, or anyone outside of his team is not one of them.

Wrong.

He is a MASTER at telling them nothing...which is EXACTLY what he should be telling them.

Anyone who's ever spoken to BB on a personal level says he's a warm and engaging guy.

He just holds the press in contempt, and they've earned it.

Nicely put.

the story about Moss is not continuous with his demeanor on the sidelines so far this preseason.

What??

As Brother Clint likes to say: "A man's gotta know his limitations."

You look like you're hurting yourself, there, son.

And may I suggest you save up for a Shift Key?

This is ridiculous. Having seen Belichick for a decade I interpret it as follows.

Last season Belichick dispassionatly realized that he could not pay Seymour, Mankins, Gostkowski, Willfork, Brady. And Moss. The CAP just would not stretch that far.

So he traded (I prefer rented Symour, for two years), while he resigned all the others. BB did so, and was astonished, that Mankins didn't accept a deal that made him a top three paid G in the League. Willfork signed. When it became clear that Mankins rebuff was valid, he used the money to resign Gostkowski; and it looks like it may have lubricated the Brady deal too.

Moss is merely firing another reminder shot across the bow saying "I'd like to stay since you might have the (Mankins) money, unexpectedly. Don't spend it all elsewhere."

Belichick merely echoed, "I'd like to get Mankins too perhaps, or get Seymour back. But I recognize your great contributions. So, Hang on. And we'll see what happens, and what we can do." :rolleyes:

That was perfect!!

Felger and his cohorts were already all over this last week. Apparently late last week he chose to act like a malcontent at a media attended team sponsored high rollers event to in their view potentially send a message that while he loves the fans (beyond adult autograph collectors seeking freebies) and his teamates he isn't stroking the boss man's high end clientele because the boss man hasn't stroked him in almost 2 years now... He left the table he was seated at and went off by himself and put his headphones on and just chilled and didn't mingle... Just childish crap... Why don't they get it. Had he been the star of the event and made his boss beam he might have an extension supporter whose opinion outweighs most everyone else's in his corner.

Bravo.

I like Moss, but as you say he IS childish, sometimes.

Frankly, if the Cap comes back next year, I'd prefer we jettison him: Dynasties ~ with one notable exception ~ are NOT built on Alpha WideOuts.

They're built in the Trenches.

And if we MUST deal with a Cap...I'd prefer that THAT is where our money goes.

DarrylS said:
You are wrong, you have either not taken the time to understand how this team works or are just another troll looking for attention..

BB is great with the press, the press does not like him.. but who cares as long as he puts a good team on the field.

Perhaps you long and pine, for the "Pumped and Jacked approach"....

Listening to bb on interviews is an exercise in futility. He never actually answers the questions and either deflects or responds in broad generic comments.

It has nothing to do with his ability to coach, but claiming one of the reasons you love bb is because of his interviews is a little strange.

Of all the many things I respect about bb, and there are many, his interviewing skills are not one of them.

Off The Grid said:
Wrong.

He is a MASTER at telling them nothing...which is EXACTLY what he should be telling them.
He doesn't tell anyone anything.

You can take any interview of bb's and interchange and mix them around and no one would even notice.

Reading the idiotic comments under the article remind me why I never go to KFFL or any other general NFL message boards anymore

Yeah, pretty much. Especially the Bears fan talking about how "the Patriots don't treat their players well." What have the Bears done since '85? But oh yeah, the Bears know how to treat people. :rolleyes:

Almost every year we have a player or two disgruntled about money.

Yet it always makes the news like it's a major distraction.

These players exist in a different world than us ... to the players none of this is a distraction.

What did the media expect BB to say about this??

"Well if Randy does not like it as a Patriot he can go fu(k himself and get the hell out of here NOW!!"

Now the media would LOVE that but won't ever hear it,even if Bill actually thinks it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back