PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB reacts to Moss "I am unwanted" remarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patspsycho

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
This is yet another reason why I feel so fortunate that BB is our coach. Not only does he know what he is doing on the field, but he is very competent off it as well.

He does not get caught up in the hoopla and speaks in such a way that not even Florio can twist this one. There are plenty of sources out there, but I have picked PFT in particular so you all can see how stupid Florio looks, as he tries to generate some controversy:

Belichick addresses Randy Moss situation | ProFootballTalk.com

I think everyone knows how sh!tty of a "journalist" Florio is. But, for those too lazy to read it, let me highlight just WHY he sucks balls as a journalist...

"I would just say on Randy that he is a professional," Belichick said, in comments distributed by the team. "He's had a good training camp. He's played very well since he's been here. He's played at a very high level and I hope that continues. He's brought a lot of passion to the game -- for the game -- since he's been here. He's well liked and he's well respected on the team."

Possible translation? "Man, I hope that Moss doesn't act like he did in Oakland four years ago."

Belichick then was asked whether Moss' feelings will become a distraction during the season. "I think I just answered that," Belichick said. "As I said, he has been very professional. He's been very productive for us. He is well liked by his teammates and he brings good energy to the field."

Possible translation? "Man, I hope that Moss doesn't act like he did in Oakland four years ago."

Florio, please don't ever "translate" something for your five or six regular readers ever again. The topic was controversial enough in and of itself. You could have had your juicy article without adding in something that doesn't exist.

Last edited:
You can praise BB for many things. His ability to speak to the press, or anyone outside of his team is not one of them.

You can
HTML:
praise BB for many things. His ability to speak to the press, or anyone outside of his team is not one of them.

Anyone who's ever spoken to BB on a personal level says he's a warm and engaging guy. He just holds the press in contempt, and they've earned it.

You can praise BB for many things. His ability to speak to the press, or anyone outside of his team is not one of them.
I'm curious; what, in your opinion should Belichick have said when asked those questions?

Translation: Someone isn't doing a part of their job well if they're not doing it in a way that entertains me.

Depends what you want to hear. I don't want BB to be PR crazy like Rex and although I wished he had dealt with Spygate better I dont think he was in a position to do so, the knives were already out. I admire his brevity but sometimes wish he would tell more, even though I realize it might not be in the best interests of the team.

I am hoping that one day there will be a deep insightful and intelligent biography of a man who realizes you don't have to play the media to be successful.

Reading the idiotic comments under the article remind me why I never go to KFFL or any other general NFL message boards anymore

You are wrong, you have either not taken the time to understand how this team works or are just another troll looking for attention..

BB is great with the press, the press does not like him.. but who cares as long as he puts a good team on the field.

Perhaps you long and pine, for the "Pumped and Jacked approach"....

Last edited:
I don't get the story line. Moss is signed for the year. I'm sure the Pats will want him back next year and a certain qb will also let them know that he wants them to bring him back. There is no CBA for next year. Why should the Pats do anything now?

sounds like wagging the dog to me.......let the press talk about this so they don't harp about something else

the story about Moss is not continuous with his demeanor on the sidelines so far this preseason.

sounds like wagging the dog to me.......let the press talk about this so they don't harp about something else

the story about Moss is not continuous with his demeanor on the sidelines so far this preseason.

Its not contiguous with it either.

The press does what it wants to do, and there is no control over them by the Pats..

BB's Press Conferences are mandated by the NFL, and as in many of the mandated things of the NFL(wearing Offficial NFL Gear on the Sidelines, allowing coordinators to speak to the press) he pushes the limits as the rules are flat out stupid... designed to appease the press and increase NFL sales..

Once you realize that it all becomes clearer... last year in a PC a reporter asked him where does he keep his SB rings... he responded "in a box"(sic).. there are too many stupid questions and too little time.

Anyone who's ever spoken to BB on a personal level says he's a warm and engaging guy. He just holds the press in contempt, and they've earned it.

If you're winning, you can get away with it. I have a feeling he'll be winning until his retirement. He's a great coach and leader.

The press does what it wants to do, and there is no control over them by the Pats..

BB's Press Conferences are mandated by the NFL, and as in many of the mandated things of the NFL(wearing Offficial NFL Gear on the Sidelines, allowing coordinators to speak to the press) he pushes the limits as the rules are flat out stupid... designed to appease the press and increase NFL sales..

Once you realize that it all becomes clearer... last year in a PC a reporter asked him where does he keep his SB rings... he responded "in a box"(sic).. there are too many stupid questions and too little time.

so there's no chance that any of these stories aren't mutually conjured up by a guy who hates to talk to the press? it actually makes perfect sense the week before a season opener to give them a story they are attracted to like moths to a light to avoid the endless 'what about the defense?' questions by guys who are pretty clueless to the technical aspects of the game?

if moss didn't like it here or wasn't happy, the relationship would already be over

I think everyone knows how sh!tty of a "journalist" Florio is. But, for those too lazy to read it, let me highlight just WHY he sucks balls as a journalist...

Florio, please don't ever "translate" something for your five or six regular readers ever again. The topic was controversial enough in and of itself. You could have had your juicy article without adding in something that doesn't exist.

the media is such a joke. here is a guy with NOTHING to back up his possible translation, but does it anyways to try and make a story. i am sick of these media people taking something that is said and making it into something else with no real proof of it. what is said does not fit their agenda and is not news worthy, so they make up some bull**** to get a story. like jesse ventura said....the media does not report the news, they create it.

This is ridiculous. Having seen Belichick for a decade I interpret it as follows.

Last season Belichick dispassionatly realized that he could not pay Seymour, Mankins, Gostkowski, Willfork, Brady. And Moss. The CAP just would not stretch that far.

So he traded (I prefer rented Symour, for two years), while he resigned all the others. BB did so, and was astonished, that Mankins didn't accept a deal that made him a top three paid G in the League. Willfork signed. When it became clear that Mankins rebuff was valid, he used the money to resign Gostkowski; and it looks like it may have lubricated the Brady deal too.

Moss is merely firing another reminder shot across the bow saying "I'd like to stay since you might have the (Mankins) money, unexpectedly. Don't spend it all elsewhere."

Belichick merely echoed, "I'd like to get Mankins too perhaps, or get Seymour back. But I recognize your great contributions. So, Hang on. And we'll see what happens, and what we can do." :rolleyes:

so there's no chance that any of these stories aren't mutually conjured up by a guy who hates to talk to the press? it actually makes perfect sense the week before a season opener to give them a story they are attracted to like moths to a light to avoid the endless 'what about the defense?' questions by guys who are pretty clueless to the technical aspects of the game?

if moss didn't like it here or wasn't happy, the relationship would already be over

Exactly, if you have a need to listen to some intelligent conversation between BB and the press.. tune into WEEI on Monday Afternoon, he is more comfortable in that setting and trusts those guys more... he still will not divulge all that much, but will divulge more..

typical Florio...been at work, but I'm sure Felger and the his pip squeak cohost are taking off with this Moss stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes