PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB Presser at 11:45 Televised Anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFPatsFan12

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that BB's press conference was being televised on NFLN today... I can't imagine it wouldn't be on NFLN on ESPNews, but I can't seem to find confirmation anywhere... anyone?

its been move to 3pm. sounds ominous in my opinion.

I saw on NFLN that they will be airing it, although that was when it was @ 11:45, but I can confirm I saw on there that it will be televised.

I am not expecting too much, BB is too much a creature of habit to change right now.. he is probably waiting for all of the opinions to come in...

ESPN News will have it on at 3 PM EST.

The only reason to move it back to 3 would be to wait until the test are done on Brady right? So can't we assume that we'll get an update on Brady's status then, even if this is BB?

The only reason to move it back to 3 would be to wait until the test are done on Brady right? So can't we assume that we'll get an update on Brady's status then, even if this is BB?

Combination of the tests on Brady along with the workouts going on today.

Just what we all need. An exact countdown to what will surely be bad news. The only thing we are waiting to hear is just HOW bad.

What a way to start the season.:(

I have gotten an advance copy of the transcript:

BB: Good morning, we have been going over the tapes from the game tapes from yesterday and have been getting our game plan ready for the Jets. I don't have to tell you they are great team that has come off a solid win against the Dolphins, we will have our hand full getting ready for them. Any questions?

R: What can you tell us about Tom Brady?

BB: He is 6'4" tall weighs 225 lbs, wears the number 12, plays QB......

R: What can you tell us about Tom Brady's injury.

BB He got hit in the knee, the doctors are looking at it.

R: Will he be back sometime down the road this season.

BB: I don't worry about the season, my focus is the Jets. We play the Jets this week they are good team in all three phases of the game -- offense, defense, special teams. I am getting ready for the Jets I am not going to speculate about something that may or may not happen down the road this season.

R: Does that mean he is definitely not playing against the Jets?

BB: Injury report comes out on Wednesday that is all I will say on the matter.

Any other questions. okay good thanks everyone.

Just what we all need. An exact countdown to what will surely be bad news. The only thing we are waiting to hear is just HOW bad.

Yup. It's kind of like getting a heads up that you're about to be punched in the face. Frankly, I was relieving about getting the news this morning so we could accept it and move forward. Now, we have a few more hours of waiting for the inevitable.

Last edited:
I am not expecting too much, BB is too much a creature of habit to change right now.. he is probably waiting for all of the opinions to come in...

they know all they need to know already. the MRI was probably done last night or very early this morning. the results were e-mailed to as many doctors as they wanted. they heard back in an hour from each of them. they know by know and, assuming it's bad news, they're deciding what to say. if it's good news (a few weeks out), I think they would have leaked it by now.

if BB was going to give a "business as usual" response, he wouldn't have moved the time. i don't think he'll play games with this. it's too important for the team and the league. brady is one of the marquee players in the league, reigning MVP, three time SB winner, futer HOFer, etc., etc. they're waiting so they get the statement right, inform the league in advance and whatever else you do when something like this happens.

if it's good news (a few weeks out), I think they would have leaked it by now.

Actually, quite the opposite. If it's good news, BB will keep it quiet to create uncertainty. If it's bad news, the Pats will want to get Brady on IR and move forward as quickly as possible.

Patriots.com will be streaming it live, for those at work :scared:

Was it scheduled at 11:45 before the injury or after, maybe Belichick didn't hear the news he expected to hear so he pushed it off because he wanted something confirmed, maybe ! Remember Belichick hasn't been acting like himself, he took Brady off the injury list before the game !

Last edited:
they know all they need to know already. the MRI was probably done last night or very early this morning. the results were e-mailed to as many doctors as they wanted. they heard back in an hour from each of them. they know by know and, assuming it's bad news, they're deciding what to say. if it's good news (a few weeks out), I think they would have leaked it by now.

BB has to reveal the news b/c it'll involve a roster move. Brady will go to IR and we'll sign a backup to Cassel.

If there's even a chance he;s back by playoffs, he should be listed as questionable or doubtful just to screw with the teams we face, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots