Welcome to PatsFans.com

BB press conference today

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +207 / 3 / -0

Bits from Belichick - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

EDIT:BB rarely ever says this after a loss

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,898 / 32 / -49

No Jersey Selected

Re: BB press conf today

I agree with him about LeVoir. IMO, he looked a lot better than Kaczur and should at least deserve a shot at the starting job.

3. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Was he watching the same game?

Also, I wonder why no talk about Cassel's play. I guess he feels that the problems are more with the defense than QB play.

4. emoney_33

emoney_33 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I agree with him and it's the same feeling I came away with.

The offense had a couple of nice drives, one ending in a missed field goal, and the other ending in that stupid goalline stand. The defense played OK aside from those big pass plays and PI, which I know still count!

We are a play or two away from the game being tied or 1 score game in the 3rd. I feel like this team is on the verge of getting everything to click at once. Soon they will start to make those plays and things will look better (not that they look that terrible right now).

5. LloydBraun

LloydBraun Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"I don't think the competitiveness of the game was reflected in the score," said Belichick. "We did a lot of good things, but we offset it with missing some opportunities and not being able to make a few plays at the right time."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If we score on the goal line series, and Cassel hits a few open receivers here and there, this complexion of the game changes entirely.

This game was SD's Super Bowl. They will lose in Buffalo this week and there next few weeks are tough.

6. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +207 / 3 / -0

here is gem i missed before

Belichick Q&A - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

:rofl:
    i mean i pity the press guy but really , was that question relevant to any story he was going to right is this what -to quote the reporters -" fans were looking for" ?

7. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +207 / 3 / -0

well..he will never single out any one player. even deltha oneal he didnt single out...just talked about defense overall.
    once vrabel said in an interview that this is what he likes about BB most , he doesnt praise you individually a lot in public but doesnt criticize you either publicly.

8. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +134 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

He's right. Early in the 3rd quarter if they had made one more play and gotten in the EZ, it's a one-score game. It was already 17-10 in my head, and that's competitive.

9. CrazyDave

CrazyDave In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

There were many moments where things could have gone a bit differently, and thing would have been tighter.
    In other words, I agree.

10. Patjew

Ratings:
    +134 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Unfortunately, after that blown first-and-goal opportunity and subsequent TD, it was all academic.

11. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I am pretty sure he was at the game, and paying attention. And that he has a deep understanding of all aspect of football. So maybe you weren't watching the same game.

12. Patslifer

Patslifer Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Your right, Bill is a very smart man.....but he does have an ego, and to say something like: "I don't think the competitiveness of the game was reflected in the score," said Belichick. "We did a lot of good things, but we offset it with missing some opportunities and not being able to make a few plays at the right time." leads one to believe he was spouting the company line.

The pats got their ass's handed to them last night in every phaze of the game.

13. maryjane

maryjane Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well put. They were dominated. ASses handed to them is right. It was a damn
    disgrace.

I've been a huge fan of Cassel, to the point of being called a homer, but he was absolutely out of his league on that goal line stand.

14. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +207 / 3 / -0

Every game the pats lose he says we didnt do anything well and it starts from coaching . this game he says something different and its his ego and spouting the company line ??. Did he say the same thing when they lost to the fins ?

15. Patslifer

Patslifer Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Your looking to far into what I said. I think Bill was "spouting the company line" to show support for his players. It's not like he can tell us that they sucked, and they got their butts whipped all over the place. Considering the game, what he said was laughable imo. How could you say last night was a competative game?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  16. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +207 / 3 / -0

well..you are probably right . we did get blown out but things he pointed out werent just made up. we shut down the run and made rivers beat them without chambers and he did. We have struggled against the run in the last 3 games and he pointed it out ,same with 3rd down. He knows our team isnt good right now. i remember the 10-6 season in 2005 when we won the div he wore the AFC east div cap and was gleeful. on other yrs , it was forgotten and expected.He maybe egoistic, sourpuss and to quote someone on this board "maybe the reasone we havent won the SBB since 2004" whatever but i think is trying to keep his team focused on the +ves right now

17. KillEM

KillEM Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Say we finish that goal line drive, which we wouldve completed 10/10 if we didnt have a bum like Cassel at QB... and we hit the FG... it wouldve been 30-20 game.

Maybe closer.

18. Patjew

Ratings:
    +134 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Bro, it would have been a completely different game.

If Gost hit that FG, it's much less likely SD marches for a TD their next possession.

Same with the TD on first and goal.

Those two plays changed the game COMPLETELY. If they had gone differently, who knows what would have happened.

But that's the NFL. Just a few plays make all the difference in a game. Sunday night the Pats lost on every critical play.

19. BPF

BPF In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

You're right I had the same thought. Here's what Lombardi said about the game: The National Football Post | National Football Post Diner News

20. captain stone

captain stone Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +238 / 46 / -22

No Jersey Selected

And don't forget Faulk's 1-yard run on 3rd/2 from the NE 14 with 3:21 left in the 1st half. If he makes the 1st down, then perhaps SD doesn't have enough time to score their 2nd TD, esp. if in another quantum reality, Mayo doesn't get flagged for the facemask. I drove the family back to Hershey from Charlottesville VA on Sunday night, so the only action I've seen is via NFLN on Demand, but it seems to me like that play was the right call. Can't blame Skippy for that one, at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.