PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB press conf today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know know why everyone thinks his press conferences are so boring, I find them hilarious.

I love his press conferences. They are a bit predictable though. Before the fifth quarter came on I basically said everything he was going to say. "We'll have to go look at the film"; "it is what it is"; "Oh I don't know....I think we played all right"; "Give Buffalo credit".

BradfordPatsFan said:
I love his press conferences. They are a bit predictable though. Before the fifth quarter came on I basically said everything he was going to say. "We'll have to go look at the film"; "it is what it is"; "Oh I don't know....I think we played all right"; "Give Buffalo credit".

Well, true. But the hidden gems make it worth it.

People always say Parcells gives the most entertaining press conferences, but he looked old, tired and worn out yesterday. I actually felt sorry for him.

I print out transcripts to his press conferences. I started doing that in 2001, when I realized how funny he is and also how he gives small little glimpses into what he is really thinking.

After the Seahawks game in 2004, when Darrell Jackson had been running his mouth the week before the game, Belichick said 'What did Darrell have......one catch? I mean, that's just terrible.....I take the blame for that.'

Belichick is the best interview in the business, IMO.

'Do we look good on paper? I mean, are we going to fly our paper airplanes against their paper airplanes?'

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
I print out transcripts to his press conferences. I started doing that in 2001, when I realized how funny he is and also how he gives small little glimpses into what he is really thinking.

After the Seahawks game in 2004, when Darrell Jackson had been running his mouth the week before the game, Belichick said 'What did Darrell have......one catch? I mean, that's just terrible.....I take the blame for that.'

Belichick is the best interview in the business, IMO.

'Do we look good on paper? I mean, are we going to fly our paper airplanes against their paper airplanes?'

Those are incredibly funny quotes. Give me a dry, sarcastic humor any day of the week.

Classic Answer: With the reporter persisting with another question asking BB if the team was given an opinion on how the Branch arbitration hearings might play out, the coach then goes with his own mis-direction play by describing how he would answer if depositioned in the arbitration hearings.:

Q: No one advised the team in any way legally?

BB: I have no control over that. If I were asked to answer a question, then I would answer it truthfully. That's what I would do.

Belichick on Charles Woodson being possibly injuried, prior to the Tuck Game:

Is he injuried? Is he gonna play? I don't know. I mean, I didn't send him flowers or anything.

I would KILL for a permanent archive here of BB aphorisms and wisecracks. Nice posts, people.

PatsWickedPissah said:
I would KILL for a permanent archive here of BB aphorisms and wisecracks. Nice posts, people.

This a great idea.
eta: I'll add a quote.

This was from a 2003 press conference right before New Year's.

The question asked was what BB's New Year's resolution was.

BB: I don't know. Probably the same as last year....to be as helpful as I possibly can to the media.

Last edited:
Bella*chick said:
This a great idea.
eta: I'll add a quote.

This was from a 2003 press conference right before New Year's.

The question asked was what BB's New Year's resolution was.

BB: I don't know. Probably the same as last year....to be as helpful as I possibly can to the media.
Stop! I'm still healing and that hurt, MEDIC!

keep it coming, we need to sticky this and keep adding from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes