PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB praises Chad Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone else heard this, but on BB's weekly appearance on the Big Show on EEI, he was pretty effusive in his praise of Chad Jackson. It was about five hours ago and I haven't had a chance to post, so I'll just try and paraphrase...it was something like..."[b/c of missing training camp], his training camp is just coming to an end now. you can see him get better with each practice, it's very exciting (yes, BB used the word exciting) to see him get better and see him on the field. he's working harder every day, he's picking up on things that 4 or 5 weeks ago he wasn't."

BB also gave Ty Warren a lot of props as well, but I just wanted to call out the CJ praise since a lot of folks still are still being a little skeptical about him.

Great, Jackson just got his death sentence. He'll be on the first plane back to Florida in the morning. ;)

I'd like to know if BB revealed anything whatsoever about Gabriel's dip in p-time. (I'm sure he didn't.)

patsox23 said:
I'd like to know if BB revealed anything whatsoever about Gabriel's dip in p-time. (I'm sure he didn't.)
Of course not! He just mentioned that they were trying to get everyone into the game and use all of the different WR combos, etc.

I'm kind of "excited" about Belichick's wording. He could have danced around it by saying Jackson is "coming along fine", etc, to use the words he did means something to me.

BelichickFan said:
I'm kind of "excited" about Belichick's wording. He could have danced around it by saying Jackson is "coming along fine", etc, to use the words he did means something to me.

I agree, I am surprised no one else heard this, but BB was pretty enthusiastic. That and what he said about Ty Warren were the most excited he's sounded in quite some time.

I heard it. It actually came in answer to a question about rookies "hitting the wall." BB kind of said he thought that was a myth and that each year everyone hits a mental wall but physically it isn't an issue.

He was effusive in his praise of CJ, which stuck out since normally he's so reserved but he also praised the play of a couple of rookies that I forgot were on the team -- Willie Andrews, Pierre Woods and a few others.

I thought it was funny that at the end of the interview he turned the tables and asked DeOssie and Smerlas a question. He seemed very relaxed.

Could this just be a tactic of BB to try to give opposing teams something else to game plan for before a game? More of a vertical/deep threat attack that is.

Belichick could have easily held back on his praise by saying his usual "some things were better than others" and his other numerous "put a damp towel on it" responses.

He obviously wants to keep Chad on the positive. He's probably seeing good things in practice, and probably realizes that Chad is the type of guy that might respond positively to a little love.

Plus, it keeps the expectations for the future high, and gives Chad something to live up to. I think I read about that in a Dale Carnegie book: Give 'em something to live up to."

It also shifts the discussion. The media will be asking him if he's feeling good about the way he's practicing; what's going better. It gives him a chance to talk about how hard he's trying, and it could energize him to focus on execution in practice.

I think it's at least party motiviational that BB would talk about 'excitement' over what he is seeing in practice. Normally he stomps out hype with a ten ton foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back