PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB/Pioli arrogance will cost this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
Ive said it all along. I was called negative etc., but I said this game will show the teams true colors, and what they showed is they are just another team. This team lacks playmakers on D and offense. 1 friggin turnover in 3 games is embarrassing. Garrett Mills and David thomas are useless to this team right now. Gostkowski looks bad. But at least we got value. The pats have been awfull in Free agency the last 2 years, their 2004 draft was horrendous. They have 15 mill in cap space. This team has digressed no matter how much some of you want to deny it.And lets get rid of this 1970 Lions offense that BB seems to have fallen in love with. open up the offense. And where was gabriel the entire game. I was watching a show on the downfall of the cowboys dynasty, and it was strikingly similar to the pats. They kept taking hits in free agency and never replaced those players. I am scared to see what will happen next week. Now everyone can call me the doomsdayer and tell me how the run game and watson will lead us to a SB.

The run game and Watson will lead us to a SB.

BradyManny2344 said:
The run game and Watson will lead us to a SB.

LOL I love the Pats and all, but lay off the kool aid my friend.

R_T26 said:
Ive said it all along. I was called negative etc., but I said this game will show the teams true colors, and what they showed is they are just another team. This team lacks playmakers on D and offense. 1 friggin turnover in 3 games is embarrassing. Garrett Mills and David thomas are useless to this team right now. Gostkowski looks bad. But at least we got value. The pats have been awfull in Free agency the last 2 years, their 2004 draft was horrendous. They have 15 mill in cap space. This team has digressed no matter how much some of you want to deny it.And lets get rid of this 1970 Lions offense that BB seems to have fallen in love with. open up the offense. And where was gabriel the entire game. I was watching a show on the downfall of the cowboys dynasty, and it was strikingly similar to the pats. They kept taking hits in free agency and never replaced those players. I am scared to see what will happen next week. Now everyone can call me the doomsdayer and tell me how the run game and watson will lead us to a SB.
This is the best thing i have read on here in a long time

one thing Dont forget Mr Krafty

I was happy not to see that money hungry fool on TV tonight

R_T26 said:
Unfortunately, it's kinda tough to argue against you right now. Not sure if it's arrogance or simply pi$$ poor planning but the way the Pats FO has handled player personnel this offseason is highly questionable.

R_T26 said:

I disagree with you on the defense. Yeah, they've been reluctant to develop young linebackers, but the DL is awesome but Hobbs, Wilson and Samuel aren't in their prime yet. Colvin is having a good season. Vrabel and Bruschi are solid -- for the time being. They're getting old.

On offense, Maroney is the only legit playmaker I see.

Reche Caldwell is a stiff.

Gabriel showed some flashes tonight, but where was it when the outcome of the game was still in question?

Troy is playing admirably but it's not enough.

Chad Jackson apparently can't stay healthy.

I thought the pass protection was pretty good tonight. Denver's DL's stoned our running game.

Bottom line: We have a lot of problems. The question is can they be solved this year?

I'll agree that this team is woefully short of true playmakers - Bruschi and Harrison are mostly over the hill and the vaunted front three/four regularly do nothing to inspire any fear in an opponent. The DB's are fair at best and Colvin got steamrolled all night long. And the pass rush was horrific. Is anyone here still willing to say the O-line is among the top five?

But this loss rests on Brady's shoulder's more than anyone else. He continues to mope about the Branch ordeal or something. If even the mostly unaware TV dupes notice that TB looks like he's sleep walking then something isn't right. Maybe he's hurt? When he decides to play he looks like the Tom of old, regardless of what WR's he throws to. Otherwise he lets the slightest frustration get to him and kill his fire. He should be ashamed of himself if he whines any more about the lack of chemistry with his WR's. He is supposed the best QB in the game. the best QB in the game finds ways to succeed instead of whining about why he's not doing well.

Last edited:
PaulNEPats said:
LOL I love the Pats and all, but lay off the kool aid my friend.

I was referring to the thread starters final comment.

The front office may still be the best in the business- I just hope that they aren't willing to adapt just to prove a point. Brady is still the best in the business- I just wish he'd remind himself of that. He does mope around- where is that confident, cool field general we've come to know? Kraft may own the team, BB may run the team but Brady is the team...where is the fire Tom?

I wouldn't have minded so much if they lost in a slugfest. They went through the motions for the most part and that won't get it done against most NFL teams, especially the Broncos.

To the Pats can do nothing wrong crowd I say relax. I still think they can win it all but there's nothing wrong with poiting out their sluggish play for a good portion of 3 games- especially the offense. Josh McDaniels has not impressed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes