PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB-Phillips handshake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a guess, but the last touchdown was a little much. What was the alternative? Kneel down, show a little class and Dallas has the ball on it's own 2 yard line trailing 41-27 with maybe 20 seconds remaining.

Not like Phillips was going to risk injuring a player for a game that was already lost- the Cowboys would have done just what they did after they got the ball... kneel down on it.

A touch of class is apparently something that continues to escape BB. I am sure that Phillips was equally fascinated and wondering to himself... "what the hell's your effin' problem."? :cool:

Well maybe if Phillips was classy and DIDN'T call a TIME OUT with 1:48 to play and stop the clock the Pats could have kneeled to end the game. Did you think of that?

So I think what is escaping YOU is the FACTS. Nothing is escaping BB, he played the hand delt and you just try and ignore it and smear BB when it was Phillips that wanted the game to continue and BB just obliged.

"Didn't take long for Tom Brady to take advantage, hitting Kyle Brady in the end zone the next play. Congrats to Roy Williams for delivering a big hit to prevent Brady from spiking the ball."

LOL! This is so f-ing true. Roy Williams is a cheap loser. Brady comes down with the ball for a TD and Williams essentially punches him for it. Tool. Loser. 48-27, b!tch.

i don't think there's any doubt that no kneeldown in the final minute was BB's response to the King article

I completely agree. I was watching the game with a Jets fan. To me it was BB saying "don't mess with me or this is what you're going to get."

Just a guess, but the last touchdown was a little much. What was the alternative? Kneel down, show a little class and Dallas has the ball on it's own 2 yard line trailing 41-27 with maybe 20 seconds remaining.

Not like Phillips was going to risk injuring a player for a game that was already lost- the Cowboys would have done just what they did after they got the ball... kneel down on it.

A touch of class is apparently something that continues to escape BB. I am sure that Phillips was equally fascinated and wondering to himself... "what the hell's your effin' problem."? :cool:

Wade Phillips is the epitome of NO CLASS... so what exactly is your point????

You want some class extended to you, then have your coach shut his ****ing piehole leading up the the game with his silly "moviegate" jokes and *********** session with Peter King critizing our coach. You do that and you can expect to have our 5th back jam it up your crack in the last minute every time.

Last week (or maybe it was Cinci), we had the pretty much the EXACT same scenario unfold, and we had 4 lame runs without the score. The difference obviously being that BB did not want to say F-you to them.

Take your ass whooping like a man.

Last edited:
He never outright said it was a bad call. But whenever asked what happened in the game and how they had the lead and lost, he said "after that PI call" or how "that PI call changed the game". It was just obvious he din't like it.
Maybe he had time to look at it after you heard his original comments but this doesn't sound like someone complaining about a call:

Wade speaking for the 4th and 1 holding call and the PI-
We went ahead and I thought we had them stopped there and then we got [pass] interference and they got it on the 1. Those kind of mistakes hurt us.

I don't like Wade at all but just thought I'd point that out.

I heard some snipit on Sirius late tonight that there may have been some patriot players snacking on bags of popcorn while walking off the field. I didnt see it, but regardless not something for a coach to be b1chy about when it was his own player who told everyone to "bring their popcorn" LMAO!

Did anyone see that.

Phillips didn't even look at BB and it was a quick abrupt greeting.

BB did a double take, like "what the hell's your effin' problem."

It was weird.

are you trying to start another handshake crisis for the over-reactive, mental midgets of the media

You want some class extended to you, then have your coach shut his ****ing piehole leading up the the game with his silly "moviegate" jokes and *********** session with Peter King critizing our coach. You do that and you can expect to have our 5th back jam it up your crack in the last minute every time.
QUOTE]

lol.......my sentiments exactly.......and so eloquently presented

What I found more interesting than the BB-Phillips non-moment was that BB looked for Romo before he went to Phillips. You can see him calling..Tony, Tony and then said something to him.

You don't usually see BB do that...or that don't usually show it on TV.

A kneel down is a turnover of possession. You only do a kneel down when you're running out the clock. That was 4th down.

So is running the ball straight ahead repeatedly in an attempt to get the opposing D to man up and stop the running back and let the clock run out. I was happy to see Eckle get a TD, but he was trying to do little more than straight ahead runs just to kill the clock.

All the Cowboy fans here at work this morning have been whining about the Pats running up the score. WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Sure was a lot of cheering for the Pats in "America's" team's stadium :)

wade philips was a coach for the charger girls. enough said. classless team ergo classless coach.

Phillips is a sore loser and he hates BB because BB is 10 times better HC and defense mind than Phillips is. BTW did anyone see Phillips cheering for his crappy team for every little thing they did, I was so glad Pats wiped that smile of his stupid face!

Hey you stole my sig! lol That's ok :p

I noticed the way Phillips wouldn't even look at BB too. And then BB's eyeroll after was hilarious.

I wanna see the popcorn party on Pat's All Access on Saturday. lol

What I found more interesting than the BB-Phillips non-moment was that BB looked for Romo before he went to Phillips. You can see him calling..Tony, Tony and then said something to him.

You don't usually see BB do that...or that don't usually show it on TV.

It may be the 'or' Patti. BB usually congrats a few major players of the opponent's team while exiting the field, most often defensive guys though. I always viewed it as taking the opportunity to 'lobby' future free agents. :)

Last edited:
Winning is winning...it doesn't matter if a team won by 1 or 30 or however they wanna to play on their 4th down...ya know...if you lost...just accepted your defeat like a man and stop whining so much...football is a hardcore sport...but dam...all the teams that had lost to the Pats...they are like a girly football team...crying like a fat bee-otch~

While we're on the post-game greetings -- Brady was briefly shown ;laughing with somebody who looked super familiar but I couldn't quite place. Tall, slim black guy with a mustache, wearing a business suit...anybody know who it was?

While we're on the post-game greetings -- Brady was briefly shown ;laughing with somebody who looked super familiar but I couldn't quite place. Tall, slim black guy with a mustache, wearing a business suit...anybody know who it was?

was it Irving? He was being honored last night I think.

He was trying to score some blow from Irving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back