PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB-Phillips handshake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a break..

The DB freaking stopped right in front of Randy and Randy lost all his momentum bouncing off the guy.

If you want to complain about a PI call; how about the offensive one on Randy.

Not only was that one OFFENSIVE; it was absolutely MYTHICAL. Randy didn't even touch the guy. He just RAN BY HIM. Excuse me but blowing someones socks off now equals PI ?????? What you can get flagged for excessive talent now????

He never outright said it was a bad call. But whenever asked what happened in the game and how they had the lead and lost, he said "after that PI call" or how "that PI call changed the game". It was just obvious he din't like it. I taped the game and will have to go back and look at it again at some point. I think the DB got called because he stepped into Moss's path w/o it being like he was going to the spot where the ball was going ot like he stepped there as part of the play except to impede where Moss was going.

here is what writers in dallas say

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/
What do you folks think of that call?

Pat Watkins definitely made contact with Randy Moss in the end zone, so I have no problem with the pass interference penalty. The ref pinned it on Terence Newman, which was wrong, but there was a penalty on the play.

I'm sure some of you folks disagree.

Didn't take long for Tom Brady to take advantage, hitting Kyle Brady in the end zone the next play. Congrats to Roy Williams for delivering a big hit to prevent Brady from spiking the ball.

What goes around comes around. The ass kicking and the last TD are for Wade opening his fat mouth towards the Pats accomplishments.

In Wade's PC after the game he mentioned that PI call 3 times as what changed the game and he obviously didn't agree with the call.
Did he mention Williams getting away with punching K.Brady in the gut or that we had 2 TDs taken away on penalties and still blew their brains out at their own home?
What a douche.

Maybe he wasn't cordial to Bill because he was busy thinking about how to get Rob Johnson out of retirement and bench Romo in time for the playoffs.

Last edited:
What goes around comes around. The ass kicking and the last TD are for Wade opening his fat mouth towards the Pats accomplishments.

he also said some stupid stuff when he was in foxboro with the chargers and they beat us 41-27

maybe wade didnt like that last touchdown, when a kneel down woulda been fine!! but we were yelling at the tv to score again at home, so thanks bill!

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

A kneel down is a turnover of possession. You only do a kneel down when you're running out the clock. That was 4th down.

i don't think there's any doubt that no kneeldown in the final minute was BB's response to the King article

that what i thought...Wade should have kept his thoughts about spygate to himself, he didn't, so BB said FU and ran for the last TD. Screw Dallas

Did anyone see that.

Phillips didn't even look at BB and it was a quick abrupt greeting.

BB did a double take, like "what the hell's your effin' problem."

It was weird.

That *was* weird. I have to wonder what the hell Wade was thinking.

Well, cut him and cut them some slack. They are in shock. It can't be easy to deal with the gap between what you thought you were and what you actually are.

What must blow his mind is wondering what the hell he has to do to get to that level. I mean it's not like he doesn't have a bunch of good players. It has to be scary to even think about it. I think Indy would smoke them like a cheap cigar too.

San Diego too.

There is no hope in Dallas tonight.

Well, cut him and cut them some slack. They are in shock. It can't be easy to deal with the gap between what you thought you were and what you actually are.

What must blow his mind is wondering what the hell he has to do to get to that level. I mean it's not like he doesn't have a bunch of good players. It has to be scary to even think about it. I think Indy would smoke them like a cheap cigar too.

San Diego too.

What got me was how Romo and T.O. were saying in their press conferences afterward how they now think they'd do much better against the Patriots next time around and that "we might see those guys again down the road." Which wouldn't happen unless it was the Super Bowl.

What got me was how Romo and T.O. were saying in their press conferences afterward how they now think they'd do much better against the Patriots next time around and that "we might see those guys again down the road." Which wouldn't happen unless it was the Super Bowl.

Did they really say that?

Man, we have not heard something that stupid come out of the Pats lockerroom since 2002 when Seymour actually acknowledged the Pats might go undefeated after they went like 3-0.

Good thing Parcells is not the coach any longer because he would be letting them know exactly how good they are not tomorrow morning.

And I'm not a player so I can say this......if I had to pick I would say NE and Dallas are the favorites to be playing in Arizona in February but man what a stupid thing to say as a player after week 6.

San Diego too.

In time, the sphincter will close. They don't think so right now, but it slowly closes. They might not be able to sit down for a little while though.

I too hate this kind of talk from players. It is so disrespectful to the teams that they will play, and the pats for that matter.

"All you say is they thumped us and we will learn from this."

How hard is that? It is just incredable to me.

If the pats do play them again, like next year or when ever, man I hope they put up like, I don't know, like, 48 points on them.

AAAAAAAAAAAAahhhh

They already did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, but phillips made a good choice on that field goal though.

HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What a boob.

i don't think there's any doubt that no kneeldown in the final minute was BB's response to the King article
And Philips aledged comment about tarnished SB's,and Philips behaviour in 05. Saying "now thats what I call a whoopin" when SD beat us bad. WP is a good DC and thats all he'll be.

Last edited:
1) Oh jeez, are we really criticizing what other team's coaches do in post-games after they lose? Wade was pissed he lost. Our coach has that in him too, and we really shouldn't be throwing stones here on this one. I'll take a coach that doesn't lose well any day. That's probably why these two are 11-1.

2) Phillips definitely mentioned the PI call over and over as though he disagreed with it. Romo was on the same page, repeatedly mentioning the hold that was called on 4th and 1, which was an obvious call and affected the play, and required Dallas to punt. Romo also said some garbage about not getting the "breaks," which I think referred to the officiating.

3) Phillips shouldn't look anywhere but in the mirror. Kicking a FG down by 14 is silly. Even if you view 11 as down a touchdown plus 2 and a field goal, you're going to have to make that 2 point conversion in there. If you don't have a play that you have confidence in at fourth and 5, what the heck are you going to run to get your 2 point conversion? Run the same play. It's worth an extra 4 points. Stupid.

The officials did not decide this game. In fact, I seem to recall that Pats converting first downs despite some untimely penalties on offense.

That said, this game was way closer than the final score indicated. It's interesting how a game can end up a 21-point game but still, in the end, have turned on just a couple of big plays.

Did anyone see that.

Phillips didn't even look at BB and it was a quick abrupt greeting.

BB did a double take, like "what the hell's your effin' problem."

It was weird.

Just a guess, but the last touchdown was a little much. What was the alternative? Kneel down, show a little class and Dallas has the ball on it's own 2 yard line trailing 41-27 with maybe 20 seconds remaining.

Not like Phillips was going to risk injuring a player for a game that was already lost- the Cowboys would have done just what they did after they got the ball... kneel down on it.

A touch of class is apparently something that continues to escape BB. I am sure that Phillips was equally fascinated and wondering to himself... "what the hell's your effin' problem."? :cool:

Just a guess, but the last touchdown was a little much. What was the alternative? Kneel down, show a little class and Dallas has the ball on it's own 2 yard line trailing 41-27 with maybe 20 seconds remaining.

Not like Phillips was going to risk injuring a player for a game that was already lost- the Cowboys would have done just what they did after they got the ball... kneel down on it.

A touch of class is apparently something that continues to escape BB. I am sure that Phillips was equally fascinated and wondering to himself... "what the hell's your effin' problem."? :cool:

Well, if Phillips didn't want to lose by three touchdowns, maybe he should instead have been thinking of how to stop the play instead of worrying about what Belichick was doing.

This whole class thing is absurd. Would kicking a field goal there have been "classy"? Wasn't it at least partially classy to give Dallas the chance to stop the play? Or is kneeling on the ball and giving it back to your opponent up two scores the only "classy" move. This isn't freaking tiddly winks. If you're the Cowboys, play defense or shut up. Maybe if it had been three scores, I can see it. Belichick did kneel on the ball in that situation v. Buffalo earlier this year and handed it back. But even if the chances are miniscule, you give your team the best chance to win.

Clearly you don't know jack about BB. Or Phillips.

Phillips is a redneck with no class.

BB would have had Brady throw a pass to Moss if he was trying to run up the score. Not run the 5th RB up the middle four times in a row.

But you knew that, didn't you? You are just being a prick after all, and don't really have anything intelligent to add to this discussion. :rolleyes:

I think the DB got called because he stepped into Moss's path w/o it being like he was going to the spot where the ball was going ot like he stepped there as part of the play except to impede where Moss was going.

THAT call?! Good Lord, that was TEXTBOOK interference, is he F-ing KIDDING with that sh!t?! Come on. That's not even CLOSE to not being PI. That's what they should use in ref school to illustrate pass interference. What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back