PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB: Patriots Have Received Offers for Patriots' Top Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this VERY exciting and can NOT wait for the draft!! I wonder if trade talk always happens this early or if teams just see what we have and are trying to get an idea of what it would take to move around in the draft.

We're definitely dealing from a position of power and SHOULD be able to land at least ONE STUD and probably a 2012 first within those first 3 picks.

I find this VERY exciting and can NOT wait for the draft!! I wonder if trade talk always happens this early or if teams just see what we have and are trying to get an idea of what it would take to move around in the draft.

We're definitely dealing from a position of power and SHOULD be able to land at least ONE STUD and probably a 2012 first within those first 3 picks.

Given BB's tendency to make trades, I'd almost have been surprised if he said he hadn't received any offers yet. :)

Just think about the Pats' draft Twitter feed—they're constantly receiving offers during the draft (I dare say more than any other team).

I think you nailed it....IMO we will end up with a 2010 1st or maybe 2nd round pick out of our plethora of picks this year. Just seems like something BB would do, and I don't mind that at all.

guys listen to the interview i thought it was pretty clear he was joking that teams have already called him about the picks.

Nobody tries to trade for draft pick until the draft or at least the combine, Belichick is just hyping up all the picks he has to increase their value, anyway it would take a colossal meltdown of epic proportions to screw up this offseason, this team will be notably better on both sides of the ball before they see the turf next year.

what belichick has done with these picks is amazing. he should continue to draft back, and eventually he will have such a gigantic draft bank that probably will carry on for a couple of years. imagine him drafting back again, and picking up a **** ton of picks for next year also?

a 14-2 team only has so many places where you can improve it, however alot of people thought there were less holes before the jets game, but most of those issues were there all year.

This team has about 20 guys on IR, some of them were traded for or picked up off of waivers and immediately placed on IR (like josh barrett) or they were injured early in the season and didnt play at all (like Brandon Mcgowan, leigh Bodden or Ty Warren).

There isnt a whole lot of room for project players, so i predict the patriots will trade up and make sure exactly who they want doesnt get away, they will also trade alot of mid picks (2nd, 3rd, 4th) for a better round in 2012.

A labor deal better get done, because the patriots need to get in camp immediately and evaluate talent so that it doesn't slip through their fingers.

Belichick: Patriots Have Received Offers for Patriots' Top Picks - Pats Pulpit

Sounds like it may be a exciting draft. I say trade UP!

We've already had a couple offers on them. We'll see what happens. We'll do whatever we can to improve the team, whether that's move up, move down, or stay where we are, and just try to add more players and more depth to our roster."

A tad misleading, you left out BB " quiped".
It will be an exciting draft, but lets not pretend that BB gave us any information.

I think you nailed it....IMO we will end up with a 2010 1st or maybe 2nd round pick out of our plethora of picks this year. Just seems like something BB would do, and I don't mind that at all.

I, on the other hand, would be extremely disappointed if we ended up with a 2010 1st or 2nd round pick.
:p

It's pretty well talked-about down here in Florida that Miami wants to trade down out of #15 to get a later #1 and a #2 so they could fill two needs (probably Center/Guard and running back). They like Pouncey and have no second rounder, and it seems like that may be where he goes.

I would expect that they are one of the inquirers.

#28 plus #60 has value= 960 points
#15 has value = 1050 points

espn value chart: NFL draft-pick value chart - NFL - ESPN

It's close to fair I'd think. Adding in our last #3 puts the total at 1092 points (too rich?), and adding in #4 puts it at 1008 (too lean?)

BTW, I know these value charts are not necesssarily gospel, depending upon the CBA

Anyone else think we're going to trade Logan Mankins for a late 1st rounder, then trade that pick for a 1st and a 2nd?

I can't see them trading any picks in this year's draft until they've graded all the players. It's probably more of a sign that there will be a lot of trading going to be going on during this year's draft.

I can't see them trading any picks in this year's draft until they've graded all the players. It's probably more of a sign that there will be a lot of trading going to be going on during this year's draft.

+1

Pats will have little idea if they will move up or down until they have completely evaluated the draft talent and FA market.

It is to BB's advantage to let other teams think that there is a lot of interest and competition for his picks.

One thing, there are very few slots open for this team. Historically, the 1's and 2's will make the team, the lower picks won't. In this case, BB has traded those 3's and 4's to either move up his 1's and 2's, to flip into higher rounds next year, or for existing nfl player trades.

I could easily see him trading a 1 and a 3 to move up a few spaces, or trade a 4 this year for a 3 next year, or to trade a 2 and a 3 for player x.

I would be a little surprised if he traded 2 firsts to move up a few slots, but we shall see.

According to draft value charts, packaging the 17th and 60th pick could move the Patriots up to the 11th spot. The 17th and 33rd pick could get the Patriots up to the 6th or 7th spot.

11th spot? Move up to get Jordan if he shoots up the board from the combine/pre draft workout

6th or 7th spot?? Fairley slips somehow???prob not going to happen or they want Quinn/Bowers and think they're system fits??

I like the move up to 11th because you can get a guy like Jordan while STILL having 28 & 33. To me that’s the most logical move because I’d hate to see them give up 17 & 33 unless they get a guy like Fairley and don’t mind waiting around to 28 to get a guy that slips. The problem is you’re taking a huge risk losing 33 and will need to basically be very confident your guy will be there at 28 or you’ll have to continue to move down. With 11, 28 & 33 they could get a blue chipper and two red chippers at DE, OLB, OL and be in great shape for the rest of the draft.

I think a trade into 2012 is eminent and the 33rd spot maybe be the most logical. Although 28 could be a target depending on how they stack their board. Just like McCourtey last year they may see a guy they know will be available at 33 and instead of taking him 4 picks too early they can trade into 2012 and still get their guy at 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes