PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB pal Jon Bon Jovi looking to buy into the Bills

Maybe this is a Patriot Fifth Column in the making and simply BB's way of fleecing the Bills of their better players before they head for Toronto?

Maybe this is a Patriot Fifth Column in the making and simply BB's way of fleecing the Bills of their better players before they head for Toronto?

Florio is madly typing up a nutty conspiracy theory at this very moment...

Bills fans are living on a prayer if they think that Bon Jovi won't move the team out of Buffalo.

Heard on SIRIUS NFL radio from a Buff sports writer that a local Buff sports owner, hockey I think, is interested and that he had a way around the prohibition of owning 2 teams. Anyone know the correct details? That would be best for Buffalo. Best wishes to the fans in Buffalo.

Reactions: sb1
Heard on SIRIUS NFL radio from a Buff sports writer that a local Buff sports owner, hockey I think, is interested and that he had a way around the prohibition of owning 2 teams. Anyone know the correct details? That would be best for Buffalo. Best wishes to the fans in Buffalo.
What is the rule regarding ownership of multiple teams?
Kraft owns two teams. Paul Allen has ownership stakes in 3 teams....just to name two

Edit: Found this explanation
"
Cross-ownership rule
Team owners are now allowed to own teams in multiple major sporting leagues, but those teams need to be in the same city (unless there is no NFL team in the other city). Buffalo native Jeremy Jacobs owns the Boston Bruins, but would have to sell that team in order to become the majority owner of the Bills. Seattle Seahawks owner Paul Allen can also own the Portland Trailblazers because Portland doesn't have an NFL market.

Ironically, this rule change was opposed by Ralph Wilson in 1997, when NFL owners lifted restrictions on other sports' owners from purchasing an NFL franchise. To that point, NFL owners collectively wanted their team owners concentrating on football.

Note...apparently ownership of European/English soccer clubs also excluded from cross ownership rule. 300 miles apart...bad..3000 miles across the ocean....good

Last edited:
My only concern about Bon Jovi owning the Bills is that Bill Belichick may someday decide to go work with his buddy.

I know Bon Jovi is a friend of BB and has been interested in owning a franchise for quite some time. I thought he had an arena football team. If the Bills are available and Bon Jovi is saying “Hook me up”, he shouldn't count on a “Breakout” by the Bills while BB runs the Patriots. It might be “Bad Medicine” for their friendship too.

If he’s thinking “Maybe Someday” his team can compete, then that might be a more realistic business approach. Otherwise, he might as well use that money and buy a “Room at the End of the World” or just bow it all playing “Roulette”.

Whether it’s “Save a prayer” or “Save the World”, I think he’ll end up singing “Say it isn’t So” or feel like he’s been “Shot through the Heart”. My advice, don’t buy or save a little something so you aren’t “Starting All Over Again”

What is the rule regarding ownership of multiple teams?
Kraft owns two teams. Paul Allen has ownership stakes in 3 teams....just to name two

Edit: Found this explanation
"
Cross-ownership rule
Team owners are now allowed to own teams in multiple major sporting leagues, but those teams need to be in the same city (unless there is no NFL team in the other city). Buffalo native Jeremy Jacobs owns the Boston Bruins, but would have to sell that team in order to become the majority owner of the Bills. Seattle Seahawks owner Paul Allen can also own the Portland Trailblazers because Portland doesn't have an NFL market.

Ironically, this rule change was opposed by Ralph Wilson in 1997, when NFL owners lifted restrictions on other sports' owners from purchasing an NFL franchise. To that point, NFL owners collectively wanted their team owners concentrating on football.

Note...apparently ownership of European/English soccer clubs also excluded from cross ownership rule. 300 miles apart...bad..3000 miles across the ocean....good

That doesn't mean his son can't own the team. Just saying.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back