BB on Welker today

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
well..not really

It Is What It Is Belichick: ‘It’s good to be in here’

Q: Can you talk a little bit about your reaction to Wes Welker’s injury?

BB: We’ve covered that and we’re off of Houston and onto Baltimore. The players we have out there, we’ll put together the best plan we can, get our players prepared, get them ready to go and I know they will all work hard to be ready for Sunday’s game against Baltimore.

Q: Can you just talk about your reaction to Wes Welker and how it’s going to impact your team?

BB: We’ve already covered it. We’re over and done with that. We’re onto Baltimore.

Q: So you don’t want to say anything about Wes Welker?

BB: I’ve already said it. He’s a great player and I know he’ll work hard to get back as soon as he can.

Q: As a follow up can you talk about the field, you were quoted saying the turf at Reliant Stadium is the worst you’ve ever seen?

BB: We’re onto Baltimore. We’re done with the regular season. This is the postseason. We’re onto Baltimore.

Q: Everybody saw Wes Welker get hurt on TV and it’s what is on some of the fans minds right now?

BB: I respect the fans and I respect you and all that, but right now we’re onto Baltimore. We’re onto the Baltimore. We’re done with the regular-season games.
i hate it when the mediots on one had call him boring and then ask him to respond in the same mundane way and say that "he will be missed". When bb doesnt give it to them they club the fans's interest into their questions.
had bb said that welker will be missed and all then its not a boring press conf.

According to PFW in Progress, the reporter who kept asking BB those questions was Byron Barnett from WHDH. Not a sports reporter.

Last edited:
According to PFW in Progress, the reporter who kept asking BB those questions was Byron Barnett from WHDH. Not a sports reporter.

Like Ordway said yesterday, it became a lead news story Sunday and that is never good news for the team because it adds general interest reporters and talking head anchor mediots into the mix...

We're onto Baltimore !!

Last edited:
well..not really

It Is What It Is Belichick: ‘It’s good to be in here’

i hate it when the mediots on one had call him boring and then ask him to respond in the same mundane way and say that "he will be missed". When bb doesnt give it to them they club the fans's interest into their questions.
had bb said that welker will be missed and all then its not a boring press conf.

Seriously who the hell ever gave the media the right to pretend to be my (our) voice? I am glad BB is focused on Baltimore, that's his job. Ask the same damn thing 10 times over and then wonder why BB can't stand these idiots.

What do they want him to say? OK, I know. I screwed up playing him, it's my fault the season is doomed and I deserve to be banished to hell forever. Randy Moss is right: the majority of media members are ****roaches.

Classic Belichick. I, for one, love when he gets like that and wish these dummies would finally wise up and move onto another topic instead of asking the same damn question 15 different ways. As if all the sudden he's going to go in depth about Wes' range of motion or which doctor will be doing the surgery.

Reporters are friggin stupid is the only thing I can gather. Why in the hell don't they get by now that when you get a Belichick Response to just move on? :confused:

I can only imagine how Bill Parcells would have answered that question on the 5th try...

Q: So do you think losing Welker had any effect on the outcome?"

Parcells: "Are you mentally ******ed?"

I can only imagine how Bill Parcells would have answered that question on the 5th try...

Q: So do you think losing Welker had any effect on the outcome?"

Parcells: "Are you mentally ******ed?"

and he would be glorified for it because its fun material. the reporters dont mind getting berated and abused if it gets a story but denial pisses them off..

BB's the best. There's nobody better than him :rofl:

Makes sense.

I get the impression the regular reporters take turns asking BB the questions they know he won't answer, after which they move on to stuff that will get more interesting responses, and it's all part of the dance.

But when somebody doesn't know the steps ... :eek:

Q: Can you talk a little bit about your reaction to Wes Welker’s injury?

BB: "Well, I still had a game to coach, but on the inside, I'm going 'good God, WTF more could go wrong this year? Jeez I'm going to get crucified for this tomorrow.'"

Q: Can you just talk about your reaction to Wes Welker and how it’s going to impact your team?

BB: "We're f##ked!! What are you, a moron? Welker's been so money, he's the only reason we even have a winning record."

Q: So you don’t want to say anything about Wes Welker?

BB: "For the love of God, what more do you want me to say? If someone could build a time machine I'd be up in Kraft's office right now begging him to buy it so I could sit Welker's a** for the whole game."

Q: As a follow up can you talk about the field, you were quoted saying the turf at Reliant Stadium is the worst you’ve ever seen?

BB: "What does it matter? The guy's knee is shredded like a Chopped Sandwich! The only cuts he's gonna be making before 2011 are going to be while he's got shaving cream on his face, you blockhead."

Q: Everybody saw Wes Welker get hurt on TV and it’s what is on some of the fans minds right now?

BB: Wait, the game was televised? No sh!t Sherlock, and all of our fans have a right to be superpi$$ed. This is devastating--an absolute catastrophy in every way. Screw it, I'm otta here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes