PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodie

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Supposedly in the 5:00 hour. Of course he won't say anything but we can always hope.

I will expect a full recap for those of us unlucky enough not to be able to listen :)

patsacolachick said:
I will expect a full recap for those of us unlucky enough not to be able to listen :)

I second that!

But, on EEI there is all Red Sox crying all the time. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to drag him into that.

DeOssie (or maybe Smerlas. I already forget): "How's the Branch situation going?"

BB: "I'm only going to talk about players who are here at camp."

Last edited:
You should be able to hear it in WEEI's audio vault. Sometimes they are slow to post it but they eventually do. Try www.WEEI.com

Also www.allthingsbillbelichick often transcribes his radio interviews so you can try that too.

I wish I had the skills to transcribe. Of course if he says something big, I'll be sure to post.

Ordway: "Are you going to carry 2 kickers?"

BB: "We'll do what's best for the football team."

BB: "Rodney has been practicing, getting some contact. He's getting closer to seeing game action."

Last edited:
Ordway: "Could TBC step into a starting role?"

BB: "We're not all caught up in who's starting or not. But Tully has continued to improve and has gotten opportunities he hasn't gotten in the past. He has taken advantage of those opportunities and played well. He can help in the kicking game, rush the passer, and plays well at the line of scrimmage.

DeOssie: "Seau insurance for Bruschi?"

BB: "Tedy's day-to-day and coming along. We'll evaluate it in 10 days or so."

Smerlas: "Any dark horses?"

BB: "Cassel has shown some positive things as a low round pick. He worked hard in the offseason. We and his teammates have confidence in him."

BB: "I'm not saying we won't have somebody else young or old. We'll do what's best for our football team."

Last edited:
When Will These Stiffs Understand He Wont Say Anything About Branch!!!

pats1 said:
Ordway: "Could TBC step into a starting role?"

BB: "We're not all caught up in who's starting or not. But Tully has continued to improve and has gotten opportunities he hasn't gotten in the past. He has taken advantage of those opportunities and played well. He can help in the kicking game, rush the passer, and plays well at the line of scrimmage.

What the? TBC can kick? Who knew? Could he be the darkhorse in the kicking competition? I look for him to get all of the field goal attempts next week. Klecko should be cut after next week as third string kicker was really the only role left for him on this team.

Jerome Solomon was right when he said "I wish more people cared about football around here."

Some of the whiner lines:

"Well, the Yankees win 5 straight, and now Smerlas is on the show."

"Smerlas, don't you understand why you're only on for Patriots monday after you said the Red Sox weren't going to win the AFC?"

dumb-ass radio host: Bill is the sky blue?

BB: That's really something that changes day-to-day change. I really dont want to speculate on that. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Thanks guys, but seriously did no one ask him about his appearance on "Rescue Me" tonight????? I'm dying to see what that is all about!!

pats1 said:
Ordway: "Are you going to carry 2 kickers?"

BB: "We'll do what's best for the football team."

BB: "Rodney has been practicing, getting some contact. He's getting closer to seeing game action."
:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Last edited by a moderator:
PATSNUTme said:
:rocker::rocker::rocker:

They're replaying a Rodney interview with Holley/Grandy right now.

"If I get a string of good practices, and the coaching staff feels I'm ready, I'll play."

"The biggest obstacle was getting the speed of everything back down. Getting used to guys falling around my legs. But after a few practices, I got more comfortable."

"Seau is a hard-working, energetic, motivating, emotional, lead-by-example guy. He's directly respsonbile for being the pro that I am. Off the field, too. How you conduct yourself, how you give back to the community. He brings a wealth of knowledge and talent to a veteran team. When you let him loose, he'll make plays."

"He didn't have to talk to me to know we're looking to win here. He knows BB, he knows I'm here, and knows the other guys here. BB does a great job of putting veterans out there to utilize them to the best of their ability."

"Junior being here will motivate me to take it to another level."

"There's always haters, but motivation has to come within. I won't name names, but media who doubt me will motivate me."

Last edited:
I heard some of this as well - at one point they touched on the TEs and he said that Watson is improving as a blocker and that he's really focused on excelling in all aspects of his game.

Then he mentioned Graham as improving on his pass catching over last year as well.

Although I think BB was going out of his way to try to compliment Graham after heaping praise on Watson, it kindof seemed odd to me that he would acknowledge that Graham was somehow lacking in his pass cathing ability last year...

Everyone generarlly seems to blame Graham's lack of offensive production on his role as a blocker for the past 4 seasons, but I guess we can count BB as one who is glad to see some improvement from Graham.

PATSNUTme said:
I second that!

But, on EEI there is all Red Sox crying all the time. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to drag him into that.

This morning on D+C, their first question to Brady:

"So how do you think about the Red Sox?"

Tom actually went on for a minute or so about the Sox.

They proceded to ask him another 3-4 questions about him being a catcher, and other crap.

patsacolachick said:
Thanks guys, but seriously did no one ask him about his appearance on "Rescue Me" tonight????? I'm dying to see what that is all about!!

He made some comments about it at his presser this morning on Patriots.com, and there was a blurb about it in the Herald's Inside Track. Should be interesting. Good for him!:rocker:

pats1 said:
This morning on D+C, their first question to Brady:

"So how do you think about the Red Sox?"

Tom actually went on for a minute or so about the Sox.

They proceded to ask him another 3-4 questions about him being a catcher, and other crap.

Wow, an opportunity for Pats players to talk about the Red Sox!! I'm sure it must be like having an audience with the Pope!!!:mad:

its up at WEEI now

pats1 said:
They're replaying a Rodney interview with Holley/Grandy right now.

"If I get a string of good practices, and the coaching staff feels I'm ready, I'll play."

"The biggest obstacle was getting the speed of everything back down. Getting used to guys falling around my legs. But after a few practices, I got more comfortable."

"Seau is a hard-working, energetic, motivating, emotional, lead-by-example guy. He's directly respsonbile for being the pro that I am. Off the field, too. How you conduct yourself, how you give back to the community. He brings a wealth of knowledge and talent to a veteran team. When you let him loose, he'll make plays."

"He didn't have to talk to me to know we're looking to win here. He knows BB, he knows I'm here, and knows the other guys here. BB does a great job of putting veterans out there to utilize them to the best of their ability."

"Junior being here will motivate me to take it to another level."

"There's always haters, but motivation has to come within. I won't name names, but media who doubt me will motivate me."

Things have gone pretty much as expected for Rodney.

But, I think that he should play a couple of series this week. At first I didn't think he should play in the preseason at all. Now, I'm thinking that it may be better if he has some game contact in before the first regular season game.

I was just now hearing Curran on NEST say the same thing. Play a few series this week and then not again until Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back