PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodie

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I think I heard BB will be on WEEI this afternnon to talk about the draft. Not that he'll say anything but he can sometimes be a bit less guarded with Ordway and gang.

Hoodie said:
I think I heard BB will be on WEEI this afternnon to talk about the draft. Not that he'll say anything but he can sometimes be a bit less guarded with Ordway and gang.

How will that fit into their Johnny Damon marathon?

Anybody know what time he'll be on? I love BB but there is no way that I'm going to sit through hour after hour of Red Sox/Damon talk.

Can someone post the important bits...

when it is done. I am gonna be at work without radio access. :)

Also, does anyone who is NOT in the media give a rat$***** about Damon. You would think Babe Ruth was coming back from the dead for cryin' out loud.

PATSNUTme said:
How will that fit into their Johnny Damon marathon?

Ugh. You are so right. I just had to turn it off. I COULD NOT STAND to hear McAdam whine about how badly poor Johnny Demon was treated last night.

I was thinking of emailing to find out when my coach will be on so I could tune back in then.

Hoodie said:
Ugh. You are so right. I just had to turn it off. I COULD NOT STAND to hear McAdam whine about how badly poor Johnny Demon was treated last night.

I was thinking of emailing to find out when my coach will be on so I could tune back in then.

Wow, an ex-Red Sox player returns as a member of the Yankees and gets booed. Stop the presses.

The Red Sox....I've been a long fan but recently I have just despised all the freakin attention they recieve once I really really got into the Patriots, not that I wasnt a Pats fan before. Red Sox, choke artists recieve their attention from storylines...ofcourse the press is all over it. Meanwhile a dynasty is occuring for the Patriots but they are still back seat to those great Sox.

Back to Belichick....

PLEASE POST COMMENTS for out-of-towners!!! Thanks.

What? You guys don't want to hear Johnny Damon contract talk? If we don't re-sign him he could go the the Yankees!!!

Oh wait, it's not December anymore?

Damon

Jacky Roberts said:
Wow, an ex-Red Sox player returns as a member of the Yankees and gets booed. Stop the presses.

They actually cheered more than booed when he came out in the first inning, especially when he tipped his batting helmet. But, really, this is Boston. That's all he gets. He'll hear the boo's from now on, and that's as it should be. I'm old enough to remember one year when YAZ came to the plate and for some reason everyone was hating him that day. Everyone Booed and booed. Even my grandfather was yelling at him. Then he hit a home run to center, over the triangle, and everyone was cheering like we won the world series. He also tipped his helmet as he was crossing the plate, but I can only imagine what he was saying under his breath..

I wonder if they'll ask BB what he thinks about Demon getting booed. I'd love to hear his answer to that!

Last night on NEST, Felger said that he didn't think that Adam would get booed in Foxboro.

He's right as far as I'm concerned. If I'm at the game, I don't plan on booing him. I plan to turn my back to him. Same thing if I'm at home watching and he comes on my screen.

Now

He's on now. Sounds like he's in a good mood too.

Hoodie said:
I wonder if they'll ask BB what he thinks about Demon getting booed. I'd love to hear his answer to that!

Luckily for our sake, BB already has a canned answer to that horrible question...

"I don't comment on players that are not on my team."

Lloyd_Christmas said:
Luckily for our sake, BB already has a canned answer to that horrible question...

"I don't comment on players that are not on my team."

Hell, he doesn't comment about players on his team.:p

He didn't say much really. In brief:

Maroney represented the best value on the board at the time they picked. He's got good hands, good kick returner, durable. Wasn't chosen to push Corey. It's about having depth.

They were convinced Jackson wasn't going to last much longer on the board. He can play inside and outside. Catch balls in traffic. He's fast but most important for a receiver to get open and catch the ball. That's what Tom wants.

They didn't pay much attention to players higher on the draft board because they knew those guys wouldn't be there when they picked. Didn't spend alot of time scouting Leinart or Young or guys like that.

No idea who'll be available at 6/1 deadline. There's less cap pressure this year so there might not be as many players available as in the past. Still you want to have some cap room.

Sometimes there can be bidding wars for UDFA. Important to get those players in to compete for positions or be on the practice squad.

He misses seeing Pete Sheppard! He was very jovial with Glenn and Pete.

Hoodie said:
He didn't say much really.

Does he ever? It is all part of the BB mystique...it works and we keep listening.

PATSNUTme said:
Last night on NEST, Felger said that he didn't think that Adam would get booed in Foxboro.
Boo Adam, he didn't want ot be here - I don't want him here. Boo Woody, Washington, Andruzzi, Milloy. Cheer Givens, WMG, Patten, Ashworth, Fauria, and just about everyone else who left without being jerks about it.

PATSNUTme said:

He's right as far as I'm concerned. If I'm at the game, I don't plan on booing him. I plan to turn my back to him. Same thing if I'm at home watching and he comes on my screen.
I would boo him. Screw him. Past contributions ? Whatever . . . he was paid and cheered for those. He left, for the Colts . . . Boooooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back