Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
just to give the converse of what some of the other threads are mentioning

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

Belichick pays Phillips respect

Patriots coach Bill Belichick is one of the longest tenured coaches in the NFL, with 33 years under his belt. So he knows how tough it is to last, and that's just what Wade Phillips -- now in his 31st NFL season -- has done.

As such, when asked if Phillips is underrated as a head coach this morning, Belichick showed a strong level of respect for the work of his adversary this week.

"You take a look at his record as a head coach, and there’s a lot of guys that would like to have that record, let’s put it that way," said Belichick. "But that’s what defines a head coach. He’s be in three regular (jobs) and two interim ones, so I think that also speaks to the respect and confidence different organizations have had in making him the head coach or appointing him as the interim coach.

"He’s respected externally, with the teams that played against him like us, and certainly the organizations he’s been in, they’ve shown him the same type of respect. I mean, if the timing had been different in San Diego, he probably would’ve been the head coach at San Diego. I’m sure San Diego feels the same way, it was just more of a timing issue than it was any kind of commentary on his coaching ability."

Was that a back hander at Norv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back