PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB on Troy Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgecy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
From Reiss Pieces:

What was your thoughts on Troy Brown’s play on defense?

“A little rusty [joking]. Troy has bailed us out so many times, it’s just amazing. We had in a couple new coverages and tried to make some adjustments to deal with Cincinnati’s passing game, which we know is outstanding, and Troy had to pick up some things that were new to him and he hadn’t done before. So did Hank [Poteat], coming in here on a short week, I don’t know how many plays he played today, but it was a lot. Those guys did a terrific job, as did Chad [Scott]. It was good to have Artrell [Hawkins] back. Rodney [Harrison], of course. Asante [Samuel]. They played well. They played real well.â€

I agree. Troy was very rusty. But even that is enough to stop the Bengals :D

What's hillarious is that last week Troy was our #1 receiver and this week he's back playing DB----the pats need to retire his number after he retires!

mtbykr said:
the pats need to retire his number after he retires!
They damn well better!!!

mtbykr said:
What's hillarious is that last week Troy was our #1 receiver and this week he's back playing DB----the pats need to retire his number after he retires!

Hear! Hear!

Leave it to BB to involve the whole secondary and all the players when asked about 1 player...classic..

mtbykr said:
pats need to retire his number after he retires!

funny, I was just thinking the same exact thing before I Read this post.
He is the ultimate "Patriot" and we are truely lucky to have had him for his entire career

Given how short we are on receivers, I didn't expect he'd be playing defense at all this season. Just makes even more obvious BB's attitude that he can't worry about the possibility of injury, he plays to win thecurrent game.

I was surprised but not shocked to see him at DB. But that's my boy, whatever the team asks, he's down for.

I will fly up from Belize for the game when they retire number 80.

I've often wondered how long I would be able to wear my #80 jersey....these last couple of seasons it was a toss up. Just excellent to see him sticking with the team and finding all these different roles. He definately should have his number retired...!

Troy Brown. Rusty.

At DB....

hahahah

Love ya Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back