PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB on Peppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BB on Peppers (Today)

Please don't embarrass yourself with that "stiff in the hips" crap. The guy is a freakishly good athlete. Are you actually trying to say that you noticed this watching him play? During which one of his 14.5 sacks last year did he look stiff in the hips?

He has played in the 4-3 his entire career. He has NEVER been asked to cover a TE, RB etc. Sacking a qb and coverage are 2 different things. I do have experience in a college system. Just because you are a freakish athlete doesn't mean you have the intellect to play OLB in a 3/4

I just don't think he can make the transition. I would love to be proven wrong.

You might want to stop embarrassing yourself by throwing out terms and judgments in which you have no actual evidence for.

It's not like Peppers is a great athlete or anything, nor he did not play college basketball for one of the top NCAA programs in the country either :rolleyes:

Last edited:

so I can't state my opinion. Isn't that what a forum is for?

Please don't embarrass yourself with that "stiff in the hips" crap. The guy is a freakishly good athlete. Are you actually trying to say that you noticed this watching him play? During which one of his 14.5 sacks last year did he look stiff in the hips?

You do realize that the NFL scouts and coaches look for even minor differences in fluidity, right? I mean, it's not as if a guy who plays safety can't run fast or turn on a dime, it's just that they don't do them quite as quickly as the cornerbacks, as a general rule.

Being "stiff in his hips" means that he could have trouble: playing in space, starting play from a standing position, generally playing coverage, or chasing a runner that has just cutback. It has little or even nothing to do with rushing the passer from a three point stance.

You might want to improve your own understanding before throwing around ignorant, sarcastic comments.

He has played in the 4-3 his entire career. He has NEVER been asked to cover a TE, RB etc. Sacking a qb and coverage are 2 different things. I do have experience in a college system. Just because you are a freakish athlete doesn't mean you have the intellect to play OLB in a 3/4
I'm confused now....so is it his stiff hips or his intellect that will prevent him from transitioning to a 3-4 OLB? It makes some sense to me that being 6'7" would make it harder to cover backs or certain TEs but I would leave his hips out of the argument. If the Pats pick him up, that means that BB thinks that he could play there and that's good enough for me.

I'm confused now....so is it his stiff hips or his intellect that will prevent him from transitioning to a 3-4 OLB? It makes some sense to me that being 6'7" would make it harder to cover backs or certain TEs but I would leave his hips out of the argument. If the Pats pick him up, that means that BB thinks that he could play there and that's good enough for me.

Looks like a lot of folks here think Warren94 is making a valid point, Patsgofor4. Maybe you may want to stop taking yourself so uber-seriously with the "stop embarrassing yourself" act.

Last edited:

How come Peppers just sign the tender so teams can start talking to the Panthers about a trade, he should open up his big ears and listen to BB and sign the damn thing...

How come Peppers just sign the tender so teams can start talking to the Panthers about a trade, he should open up his big ears and listen to BB and sign the damn thing...

BB might of been hinting to Peppers to sign his contract so they can get the ball moving on bringing him to New England! I listened to BB and he wasnt ruling out a trade for Peppers. Im getting a little excited, but im not going to get my hopes up!!

Last edited:

I came away from the interview thinking the exact opposite. Sounds like the possibility is still very much alive.

...or that he wants Jason Taylor to believe that's the case.

Being "stiff in his hips" means that he could have trouble: playing in space, starting play from a standing position, generally playing coverage, or chasing a runner that has just cutback. It has little or even nothing to do with rushing the passer from a three point stance.

You might want to improve your own understanding before throwing around ignorant, sarcastic comments.
So you're saying that BB is wrong in his assessment of Peppers and his ability to play OLB in the 3-4? Maybe he doesn't understand the concept of "stiff hips" either. As someone else has said, Willie M. did pretty well in that role and I'm pretty sure that Peppers' hips are at least as loose as his. I'm still calling BS your ability to truly make this assessment of Peppers based upon watching him on TV.

so I can't state my opinion. Isn't that what a forum is for?

Your'e point is he is'nt a great fit. He's not. Neither are his dollars. Or the fact that he laid down like a dog two years ago because of his contract. But don't worry I have a fourth cousin who delivers boat parts to a shop in nantucket that BB rides by on his bike occassionally, they are pretty much in the know and their smart enough to know who Bill does and does'nt think is a good fit. So don't worry.

Your'e point is he is'nt a great fit. He's not. Neither are his dollars. Or the fact that he laid down like a dog two years ago because of his contract. But don't worry I have a fourth cousin who delivers boat parts to a shop in nantucket that BB rides by on his bike occassionally, they are pretty much in the know and their smart enough to know who Bill does and does'nt think is a good fit. So don't worry.

Am I alone in thinking, Huh?

Looks like a lot of folks here think Warren94 is making a valid point, Patsgofor4. Maybe you may want to stop taking yourself so uber-seriously with the "stop embarrassing yourself" act.
I'll agree that the "stop embarrassing yourself" comment was unnecessary. My bad. I simply don't think that any of us truly have the ability to make that assessment about Peppers watching him so infrequently, no matter what kind of football background you have. We should leave the "stiff hips" details to the scouts and coaches. As I said, BB is on record as saying that he could play there. It seems silly to question that.

Here is what BB said about a question asked about Peppers

On whether the Patriots would try to work out a deal for Peppers through his agent if the player and the Panthers come to an agreement that he will be traded but he doesn't sign the franchise tender:

Belichick: "I think it would probably be possible for a team to . . . well, I think essentially what you're saying is we work out a trade through the agent. They can't talk to the team, they can't talk to the player, but the team could talk to the agent and try to work the trade out through the agent. I mean, I guess that would be possible, but I don't think that's a good way to do business. I personally would not do it that way. I think if a player wants to be traded or wants to be in a position where he could be traded, then the best thing for that player to do is do what Matt Cassel did, sign the tender, be under contract, and then go to the team and say, 'Okay, I don't want to be here, trade me, this is where I want to go.' I mean, that was essentially the Deion Branch situation.

"But you can't trade a player that's not under contract. That's a simple rule. And I'm sure Carolina hasn't tried to do that."

I'll agree that the "stop embarrassing yourself" comment was unnecessary. My bad. I simply don't think that any of us truly have the ability to make that assessment about Peppers watching him so infrequently, no matter what kind of football background you have. We should leave the "stiff hips" details to the scouts and coaches. As I said, BB is on record as saying that he could play there. It seems silly to question that.

That's cool. It's all good.

...or that he wants Jason Taylor to believe that's the case.

Ultimate dream....and anything can happen, cap or no cap:

Peppers / Taylor / AD / Mayo

While dreaming - insert Warren /Seymour & Wilfork

What a front seven............man

Here is what BB said about a question asked about Peppers

On whether the Patriots would try to work out a deal for Peppers through his agent if the player and the Panthers come to an agreement that he will be traded but he doesn't sign the franchise tender:

Belichick: "I think it would probably be possible for a team to . . . well, I think essentially what you're saying is we work out a trade through the agent. They can't talk to the team, they can't talk to the player, but the team could talk to the agent and try to work the trade out through the agent. I mean, I guess that would be possible, but I don't think that's a good way to do business. I personally would not do it that way. I think if a player wants to be traded or wants to be in a position where he could be traded, then the best thing for that player to do is do what Matt Cassel did, sign the tender, be under contract, and then go to the team and say, 'Okay, I don't want to be here, trade me, this is where I want to go.' I mean, that was essentially the Deion Branch situation.

"But you can't trade a player that's not under contract. That's a simple rule. And I'm sure Carolina hasn't tried to do that."

If we do get Peppers, this might be the reason. Belly is telling Peppers: sign the tender, fool!

Was he asked the relevance of Vrable in the trade? I was not able to hear the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back