PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB on NFLN episode of Sound FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else watch the Belichick & Ryan NFL Network Sound FX episodes last night.

Wow, what a contrast huh?

Rex Ryan came across as a cheerleading buffoon who likes to shoot the **** and throw the ball around training camp while giving everyone bump hugs. I didn't see one example of him coaching or discussing strategy other than a brief blurb about a sub package. He sounded like he hardly made any decisions himself and when he did he barely knew what he was doing. His greatest achievement seemed to be chasing down the refs to call a timeout.

Bill Belichick came across as a teacher. Not just any teacher, but one of those teachers you remember for the rest of your life. Calm, collected, intense but approachable. He leads by example rather than by his volume. Well versed and knowledgeable, he seemed like he was just bursting to share what he knows with the players.

I already had a lot of respect for Belichick but after watching this it really hit home. The man is more than just a coach. He would have made an excellent teacher. He really is a genius.

I think we tend to think every coach in the game is like him, but he really is unique. He is a student and professor of the game like greats such as Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi, Paul Brown before him. He really is an impressive guy.

I think BB is a great teacher. That is partly why, I think, he prefers younger coaches that he brings along, rather than bringing in and keeper more seasoned coaches like many other HCs do.

Do not, however, underestimate Ryan's ability with X's and O's and think that he's just a cheerleading buffoon. He is an excellent X's and O's guys.

I think BB is a great teacher. That is partly why, I think, he prefers younger coaches that he brings along, rather than bringing in and keeper more seasoned coaches like many other HCs do.

Do not, however, underestimate Ryan's ability with X's and O's and think that he's just a cheerleading buffoon. He is an excellent X's and O's guys.

X and Os, yes, on defense.

However he is sorely lacking in game management and situational decisions, instead resorting to Petey Carroll cheerleader antics during the game.

"What are you thinking about right now?... Six seconds" Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes