PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB on Bolden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20150617/SPORTS/150619337/13988

He plays on all four downs. He’s a good early-down back, he’s a good third-down back and he’s a good fourth-down back,” Belichick said. “[He’s] one of our best special-teams players, certainly one of our best offensive special-teams players along with [Matthew] Slater. So, yeah, he’s a very valuable guy, fills a lot of roles, smart, doesn’t need a lot of reps, and he’s got a lot of experience.

That sounds like he's well beyond the Bam Childress level.

He's not on the Slater level as being a roster near-lock, but he's probably only one rung behind.

He's not on the Slater level as being a roster near-lock, but he's probably only one rung behind.

Bolden has proven himself in my opinion, at least in terms of ST guys who can contribute when the time comes. He has experience and provides value for one of those last 20-25% of the roster kind of guys. My guess is that Belichick ranks him higher than most here.

Kevin Duffy ‏@KevinRDuffy
In RB drills today, only Cadet, White and Dion Lewis worked with McDaniels on routes out of backfield. Bolden was with Blount, Gray, Gaffney

Bolden got a lot of good reps in the Baltimore playoff game. He isnt flashy at anything in particular, but he is an every down back which is rare.

I like Bolden, seems to play hard and is well rounded. Good size and a solid RB. May improve with more reps

I remember that special teams block that obliterated one guy and sprung Jules I think.

BB values special teams much much much more highly than anyone on the board does, hence we're all surprised by how guys like Bolden just keep on truckin', year after year. Bill loves versatile players who play hard on special teams and can plug in at multiple positions (remember that first down/third down back are multiple positions too). If that's your skill set, you have a great chance of making the Patriots.

The UDFA's are always my binkies, something has to be said about being passed over by every NFL Team and somehow making it to a Superbowl Winner...

He will never lead this team in rushing, but he is versatile and reliable for this team..

Bolden is a poor mans BJGE and BJGE was a poors mans somebody.

If given more reps on the offense he could shine IMO, buts its doubtful that will happen because it would detract form his special teams value. Bolden is just an efficient RB that does everything good.

If given more reps on the offense he could shine IMO, buts its doubtful that will happen because it would detract form his special teams value. Bolden is just an efficient RB that does everything good.
I see him as more of a Patrick Pass. That guy stuck on the roster forever and gave them some production as a runner when injuries struck. Dropping the football to grab his hammy wasn't the best move of all time.

Agreed, though I would probably elevate him to the same status as Slater, for 2015 at least.

I remember that special teams block that obliterated one guy and sprung Jules I think.

BB values special teams much much much more highly than anyone on the board does, hence we're all surprised by how guys like Bolden just keep on truckin', year after year. Bill loves versatile players who play hard on special teams and can plug in at multiple positions (remember that first down/third down back are multiple positions too). If that's your skill set, you have a great chance of making the Patriots.

He clocked that dude. I believe he also knocked Avril out of the Super Bowl with a peel-back block.

Bolden got a lot of good reps in the Baltimore playoff game. He isnt flashy at anything in particular, but he is an every down back which is rare.
Every-down RB is a bit of a stretch.

BJGE was a better runner.

Bolden is an outstanding utility guy that can help you for 10 snaps a game.

Anything beyond that he is very average.

I see him as more of a Patrick Pass. That guy stuck on the roster forever and gave them some production as a runner when injuries struck. Dropping the football to grab his hammy wasn't the best move of all time.
Good association. Pass could do a lot of things. Could run, catch,returns, played cover teams.

Well after BB words we might as well discuss the 52 man roster, because he is a lock.

While Bolden may be a rung below Slater as a pure ST ace, he is superior to Slater when they have to play their nominal role, ie RB or WR.

Too many fans don't seem to appreciate the importance of STs. We may not have won the Superbowl without Bolden's contributions as he was the one who knocked Cliff Avril out of the game.

He also knocked out a Colts ST player and a punter (San Diego?) too as I recall.

Belichick always needs at least one...

still1-png.jpg

He also knocked out a Colts ST player and a punter (San Diego?) too as I recall.

Yup, the SD punter. That injury looked really nasty. Bolden was visibly upset that the guy was so badly injured, but it was a GREAT blocked punt at a very important time in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back