PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB, Moss have a chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss is selfish. He could not just let the comment go, he had to have this rant. I dont think it was just a few words, it was 15 minutes. Another thing is how could anyone really take him seriously with the outfit he had on. Your a 13 year vet, dress like a professional. Yeah, Moss shows up everyday and puts his work in no denying that, but attracting extra attention to yourself is not being a good teammate. I dont think Moss gained much respect from his teammates after that. He is supposed to be a leader and a model for the younger players on the team. That wasnt exactly setting the best example.

Sorry that his attire and personal style doesn't fit your standards :rolleyes:

I guarantee you his teammates don't give a damn about what he said and like him all the same. Just like you wouldn't give a damn what your co-worker and friend said to some reporters that you didn't care for either.

That is a lie and you know it, you would be all over him. Come'on man get real.

Guess we are done here. I've never once even blasted Manning more than a side comment about the most egregious things he's said but continue to believe you know a damn thing about what I would say/do in some alternate reality. I mean honestly, are you serious with this. Don't try to create some alternate universe and put me in it and demand what I would do just to fit your argument. But continue to discuss what Moss is wearing please...

Sorry that his attire and personal style doesn't fit your standards :rolleyes:

I guarantee you his teammates don't give a damn about what he said and like him all the same. Just like you wouldn't give a damn what your co-worker and friend said to some reporters that you didn't care for either.

He talked about how football is a business. Should someone in a business like atmosphere be dressing like that especially when he is trying to get something serious across. Yeah, its his own personal choice to dress how he wants but just not you should when you want to be considered as professional. For the record I think Moss is a very smart man, and knows his stuff. Sometimes I think he picks the wrong times to say things. I dont think the team cares about what he said because that isnt any of their business. I do think the timing of the comments did bother them a little bit. They arent going to come out and say that though.

Guess we are done here. I've never once even blasted Manning more than a side comment about the most egregious things he's said but continue to believe you know a damn thing about what I would say/do in some alternate reality. I mean honestly, are you serious with this. Don't try to create some alternate universe and put me in it and demand what I would do just to fit your argument. But continue to discuss what Moss is wearing please...

You are missing the point. I didnt mean just Manning. I meant anyone that isnt a Patriot. You obviously are a homer and you have admitted that before on here. You are defending Moss because he is a Patriot. If it were someone on another NFL team you would be all over them.

He talked about how football is a business. Should someone in a business like atmosphere be dressing like that especially when he is trying to get something serious across. Yeah, its his own personal choice to dress how he wants but just not you should when you want to be considered as professional. For the record I think Moss is a very smart man, and knows his stuff. Sometimes I think he picks the wrong times to say things. I dont think the team cares about what he said because that isnt any of their business. I do think the timing of the comments did bother them a little bit. They arent going to come out and say that though.

You really don't understand the disconnect between his job and the media? Honestly you are upset about his personal attire. Petty.

You are missing the point. I didnt mean just Manning. I meant anyone that isnt a Patriot. You obviously are a homer and you have admitted that before on here. You are defending Moss because he is a Patriot. If it were someone on another NFL team you would be all over them.

Me being a homer does not preclude me from thinking logically. But just like everyone else who can't understand logic you resort to ad hominem attacks and hypothetical alternate universes.

Until you can provide me with a single example of being petty with another player's words, then just get off the subject. I defend Ocho Cinco and didn't defend Wilhite last season. But yes I'm just an irrational homer because you say so.

Don't bother responding if it's going to be personal, or anything that isn't directly on topic.

You really don't understand the disconnect between his job and the media? Honestly you are upset about his personal attire. Petty.

Me being a homer does not preclude me from thinking logically. But just like everyone else who can't understand logic you resort to ad hominem attacks and hypothetical alternate universes.

Until you can provide me with a single example of being petty with another player's words, then just get off the subject. I defend Ocho Cinco and didn't defend Wilhite last season. But yes I'm just an irrational homer because you say so.

Don't bother responding if it's going to be personal, or anything that isn't directly on topic.

I am not upset about what he wore. I am just saying that didnt help with the whole message that he was trying to get across. I have no problem with the message he was trying to convey to the media, fans, etc. The problem that I had was the timing. There was a better more professional time to rant.

I'm sorry folks. Here is the lockerroom video we were talking about. Watch it and ask yourself "Was Shaughnessy, Felger, Borges, etc. just punk'd bigtime by Randy's performance?"

Patriots Today - Victorious locker room

What a lockerroom cancer!!! :D :D :D

Last edited:
I am not upset about what he wore. I am just saying that didnt help with the whole message that he was trying to get across. I have no problem with the message he was trying to convey to the media, fans, etc. The problem that I had was the timing. There was a better more professional time to rant.

Appreciate the classy back on topic post. I agree that it comes off as just a completely odd thing to do, but I'm not sure there was a better time to do it except for not doing it at all. IMO he just wanted a medium where it was his voice being heard in entirety (not being read in some paper about being "unhappy" out of context). I think it impacts the fans much more than the team, but hey we ARE fanatics after all :D

This whole thing was in response to the mediots that were saying he was going to dog it this year, nothing more. I have no problem with him picking this time to say it because it was his first opportunity to have the biggest audience. I think its been made to be a bigger deal than it was by the Moss haters, and for some reason theres a lot of them, as long as his teamates like him no big deal, and I doubt any of them had a problem with it, JMHO

I disagree that he put himself above the team. He clarified something early so that it wouldn't become something the team had to deal with in 10 weeks after a loss. What it means to be about the team is to come to work, and do your job. Moss has obviously continued to do that.

Your posts on Moss have been accurate. Allow me to add, that Moss addressed the potential lynch mob face to face NOW, knowing they have the power to create controversy that can be disruptive to the TEAM -- especially during the last third of the season, the playoffs, and even Super Bowl week. Attempting to clarify his "unhappy" comments NOW to avoid a TEAM distraction later is hardly a selfish act.

Your posts on Moss have been accurate. Allow me to add, that Moss addressed the potential lynch mob face to face NOW, knowing they have the power to create controversy that can be disruptive to the TEAM -- especially during the last third of the season, the playoffs, and even Super Bowl week. Attempting to clarify his "unhappy" comments NOW to avoid a TEAM distraction later is hardly a selfish act.

Why would something that was said before week one become such a huge issue in week 10 or beyond? Nothing else would have been made of it if Moss didnt say anything. He should have just let it go.

Why would something that was said before week one become such a huge issue in week 10 or beyond? Nothing else would have been made of it if Moss didnt say anything. He should have just let it go.

They've been using his Vikings comment against him for almost a DECADE...

Moss is selfish. He could not just let the comment go, he had to have this rant. I dont think it was just a few words, it was 15 minutes. Another thing is how could anyone really take him seriously with the outfit he had on. Your a 13 year vet, dress like a professional. Yeah, Moss shows up everyday and puts his work in no denying that, but attracting extra attention to yourself is not being a good teammate. I dont think Moss gained much respect from his teammates after that. He is supposed to be a leader and a model for the younger players on the team. That wasnt exactly setting the best example.

You are on to something. How can anyone really take BB seriously with the outfit he has every time when coaching? You are a vet coach, dress like a professional and not coach games on national TV with sleeves cut off.

And Brady, with that haircut...jeez...how can anyone really take him seriously with that ridiculous hair. Yucks!!...

:bricks:

Last edited:
You are on to something. How can anyone really take BB seriously with the outfit he has every time when coaching? You are a vet coach, dress like a professional and not coach games on national TV with sleeves cut off.

And Brady, with that haircut...jeez...how can anyone really take him seriously with that ridiculous hair. Yucks!!...

:bricks:

They arent connected man. I was just making a statement that it wasnt the proper choice of attire for a PC like that one. Nothing against his style.

And when I say he attracted attention to himself it was meant for the actual rant, not what he wore.

I was wrong, there was a better time. One which involved preparation. I was arguing more against middle of the week local media rant, but the ESPN interview by all accounts went smoothly and wasn't an avenue I had considered as a possibility.

Time to move on, operation ambush Revis "island'. :)

Yes, will be an interesting matchup. Jets D did look very good last night physically, mentally they werent really there with all the penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back