PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB Mic'ed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
For those who didn't catch Patriots All-Access last night, here's a transcript from the Redskins game, when they had BB mic'ed up:

-----------------

On field before the game:

[Redskins Defensive Coordinator Gregg] Williams: "I was trying like hell to convince our guys to bring Junior in."

BB: "Really."

Williams: "When you guys did it I thought it was fantastic. I was trying to convince them to do that."

BB: "He's pretty good."

Williams: "Oh yeah! You know that, and you can't buy that kind of leadership."

BB: "No, he's got an intensity and energy level that-"

Williams: "No doubt about that!"

BB: "Hope it works out well."

-----------------

[Video of Maroney's touchdown]

On sidelines after play:

BB: "Good drive men. That's a nice drive."

-----------------

On sidelines, talking to Colvin (and Vrabel, TBC):

BB: "Just set the edge and make these guys run back into Wilfork and Seymour, will ya?"

-----------------

[Video of a completion from Cassel to Mills, then a fumble after the catch]

On sidelines, yelling out to refs:

BB: "HEY? IS THAT A CLEAR RECOVERY? HEY! IS THAT A CLEAR RECOVERY? Hey, is that a recovery?"

-----------------

[Video of Dillon's run after catch, and eye injury]

On sidelines, with a trainer:

BB: "So Dillon got something in his eye?"

Trainer: "The helmet came down and hit him in the eye. It's already starting to swell. So we're icing it now so it doesn't swell shut on him."

BB: "Looks like a black eye kind of deal."

-----------------

On sidelines, talking with Seau:

Seau: "I know it was going outside. I could see it. So I came out of it. So when I came out of it, I went too lateral. I should go hit it, right?"

BB: "You gotta go hit it. If the guard pulls, then you can fast read it out there."

BB: "You get up there and take him off the end."

-----------------

On sidelines, talking to Brady and smiling:

BB: "You like that trap? You like that call?"

Brady: "That was sweet."

-----------------

On sidelines, talking to a referee:

BB: "What's the problem?"

Ref: "Coach, on that long completion, that got down to the 5, just tell your wideout he can't cover the tight end. That wideout is right covering your tight end."

BB nods, walks away

-----------------

On sidelines, talking to Pees:

BB: "We're going 2 minute here, so get ready to go. We might be back out there."

Pees: "Alright"

Pees, to players: "Hey! Be alert now! We're going 2 minute!"

-----------------

On sidelines, talking to McDaniels:

BB: "We look like we're tired. This drive, we look like we're tired."

[Video of Faulk getting stuffed]

BB: "I mean, they look like they're tired too, but we look like we're tired."

On sidelines, talking to Brady after drive:

BB: "Hey Tom, how tired are we out there, because we look pretty gassed."

Brady: "We're OK."

BB: "Think so?"

Brady: "Yeah, we're just not moving fast enough."

-----------------

[Video of Watson touchdown catch]

On sidelines, talking to McDaniels:

BB: "Hey Josh, tell you what. These guys have played good tonight."

McDaniels: "Yes he has."

BB: "All of them. These guys have played good tonight."

Last edited:
BB being "mic'ed up" beats Pete Carroll being "jacked up" everytime!!

Great stuff.

Thanks for doing that, nice read. Not that Bill has that much to say :D

That was a great segment last night! I loved the line about Wilfork and Seymour. You could really hear the frustration in his voice.

thanks pats1, I wish he would let himself get miced up for some regular season sunday and monday night games. Now I get to go watch my 8 year old son's season opener. Nothing funnier than youth tackle football.

Great Thread,Thank You.BB seems to be very stern and straight up on that Sideline.I do wish we could see more of this type of stuff..

there was another quote not from BB but from brady which was interesting. paraphrasing - he was telling reche caldwell " dont stop if you are not getting the ball, then they will know it ..just keep going "

Great post, thanks for that. I love that behind the scenes stuff.

mgcolby said:
I wish he would let himself get miced up for some regular season sunday and monday night games.

They'd probably have to bleep out two-thirds of it.

Pats1, thank you so much. That is especially appreciated by us folks outside of NE who can't see Patriots Access on Channel 5.

God, I wish there was more BB Mike'd - - maybe on Three Games to Glory 4.

shmessy said:
Pats1, thank you so much. That is especially appreciated by us folks outside of NE who can't see Patriots Access on Channel 5.

Here's a ditto to the thank you. But I'm not sure I want BB miked -- our coach has to remain mysterious, like the great Oz ...

pats1 said:
For those who didn't catch Patriots All-Access last night, here's a transcript from the Redskins game, when they had BB mic'ed up:
On sidelines, talking to Colvin (and Vrabel, TBC):

BB: "Just set the edge and make these guys run back into Wilfork and Seymour, will ya?"

TiVoed but haven't watched it yet but I saw this same segment on TV shortly after that game.

In the possibly longer segment I saw, BB makes that critical comment, starts walking away and then Colvin I think says something unhearable (although Vrabel is a noted wiseass) and BB retorts with what sounds like, "Well the same to you!" and finishes walking away. Priceless!

Good post. Wouldn't you just to be able to listen in while BB coaches a game and hear it in real time.

Great stuff, I saw the part with Colvin.. it was great because Covin and Vrabel (I think it was MV) were trying hard not to laugh, BB was trying to be a hard-ass but even he cracked up a bit when he saw Colvin and Vrabel were joking around with him.

Most entertaining thing I've read in months. I'd love to be able to hear all those conversations that go on down on the sidelines. BB has way more personality than he lets on, I bet some seriously funny stuff goes on down there.

Thanks for the transcript.

The one piece I wish I'd heard again -- When they showed a few minutes of it at half-time during the Giants game, Vrabel said something back to BB and he responded with half a smile, "yeah, you too." Unfortunately Vrabes didn't say it loud enough for the mic to pick it up. I'd like to know what it was. Especially since Vrabes is known for his ability to joke with BB.

What I like about this stuff, is you don't know what exactly he is going to say, but when he says it he is very consistent and predictable. The same message all of the time to all of the players...

Hoodie said:
Thanks for the transcript.

The one piece I wish I'd heard again -- When they showed a few minutes of it at half-time during the Giants game, Vrabel said something back to BB and he responded with half a smile, "yeah, you too." Unfortunately Vrabes didn't say it loud enough for the mic to pick it up. I'd like to know what it was. Especially since Vrabes is known for his ability to joke with BB.

I am so glad I set the DVR for that show! I was laughing so hard I had to rewind it to hear the parts I was laughing through!

I wish Channel 5 would re-air that show. Didn't they used to show it on Friday night and Sunday morning?

shmessy said:

:ditto: I was getting the Redskins TV coverage of that game. The announcers weren´t happy with the Redskins performance but they gave a lot of credit to the Patriots.

PatsWickedPissah said:
In the possibly longer segment I saw, BB makes that critical comment, starts walking away and then Colvin I think says something unhearable (although Vrabel is a noted wiseass) and BB retorts with what sounds like, "Well the same to you!" and finishes walking away. Priceless!

I saw the same longer segment on channel 5 news right after the game. Before telling Colvin to set the edge BB said "Fauria?". On that off tackle play BB is referring to, Fauria seals Colvin quite nicely.
I thought it was funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey