PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB: Matt is our Quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BB:Matt is our Quarterback

And there is nothing perceived about the pressure he faces... Ask Brady since he's a first ballot lock HOF'er who faced it last February and couldn't put up more than 17 points or hit Randy Moss from his ass despite being surrounded by all that talent to save his soul...

I see your point but c'mon... Brady was facing a SB quality defense that had shut down two of the leagues highest scoring offenses in consecutive weeks in the playoffs (Dal & GB). The Chargers, OTOH, were ranked #32 vs. the pass coming into Sunday's game. Care to guess who is ranked #32 now? None other than this weeks opponent, the Denver Broncos.

I have total faith in BB. I remember what it was like to be a Patriots fan before Bill got here. Maybe he wants to throw games by playing Cassel so we can get higher draft picks for our Superbowl run next year when Brady returns. Maybe he's protecting O'Connell because he doesn't think he is ready and doesn't want to ruin his confidence. Maybe he plans on playing Cassel now while he coaches up O'Connell to start him in the second half of the season. I have no idea what Bill's plan is. All I know is that I trust him.

BB: Matt is our Quarterback

Belichick's gone soft ... too much ****y in the offseason.

I agree with everyone who says Cassel has been poor at Quarterback. I strongly disagree with those that act that Cassel is not the no.1 issue with this team right now. This team is 3-2, based on some strong special teams play and some (timely) defense. The offense has not been the reason for any of the 3 wins. The San Diego game should have been closer, and it was the offense (specifically Cassel) that missed it's opportunities.

That said, I am not surprised at all that Cassel is still the Quarterback. I strongly disagree with those that think the Patriots should move on to O'Connell at this point in the season. As long as the Patriots have a chance at the post season, they should be playing the quarterback with the most experience in the offense. Very few rookie Quarterbacks are ready to play at the NFL level and those that are capable of playing early generally go in round 1 not near the end of round 3.

We have to hope that the special teams continue to excel and that the defense becomes one of the better units in the league. If those 2 things happen, then we only need Cassel to improve to close to an average NFL quarterback level and the Pats are suddenly a real threat again.

I see your point but c'mon... Brady was facing a SB quality defense that had shut down two of the leagues highest scoring offenses in consecutive weeks in the playoffs (Dal & GB). The Chargers, OTOH, were ranked #32 vs. the pass coming into Sunday's game. Care to guess who is ranked #32 now? None other than this weeks opponent, the Denver Broncos.
Bear in mind, San Diego got back one starter at ILB, which means they only had the one reserve - Merriman's replacement - starting. This is a playoff team from the past two seasons - they also started off slowly last season before they rolled into the playoffs. You can put your trust in that ranking, but I still expect this SD team to win the AFCW, despite their slow start.

Bear in mind, San Diego got back one starter at ILB, which means they only had the one reserve - Merriman's replacement - starting. This is a playoff team from the past two seasons - they also started off slowly last season before they rolled into the playoffs. You can put your trust in that ranking, but I still expect this SD team to win the AFCW, despite their slow start.

It really amuses me that everyone keeps saying the chargers secondary is crap. This is the same secondary that during the offseason everyone said was awesome. Alot of people here wanted to draft Cason, and everybody thinks Cromartie is some kind of god. So when did they suddenly become crap? :rolleyes:

It really amuses me that everyone keeps saying the chargers secondary is crap. This is the same secondary that during the offseason everyone said was awesome. Alot of people here wanted to draft Cason, and everybody thinks Cromartie is some kind of god. So when did they suddenly become crap? :rolleyes:
I think it leaked out that Matt Cassel visited them while in Southern California and shook their hands. You just don't recover from that kind of futbol injury overnight. :(

I think it leaked out that Matt Cassel visited them while in Southern California and shook their hands. You just don't recover from that kind of futbol injury overnight. :(

good one Box.

So basically, everyone Matt touches, suddenly becomes a sucky player? I get it now. I'll ask "briz", and his merry men for confirmation on that. :D

good one Box.

So basically, everyone Matt touches, suddenly becomes a sucky player? I get it now. I'll ask "briz", and his merry men for confirmation on that. :D
Merry: full of gaiety or high spirits; marked by festivity or gaiety.

...just doesn't catch the essence of their being.

Merry: full of gaiety or high spirits; marked by festivity or gaiety.

...just doesn't catch the essence of their being.

You are, once again, correct. Having nothing better to do at work, I shall now search the internet for the perfect word to describe them. BRB :D

ohhhhhhhhhh, nevermind. How about , brainless dumba**es ?:singing:

no, that's mean. I take that back, kinda :D

You are, once again, correct. Having nothing better to do at work, I shall now search the internet for the perfect word to describe them. BRB :D

ohhhhhhhhhh, nevermind. How about , brainless dumba**es ?:singing:

no, that's mean. I take that back, kinda :D
Meany. You're as bad as me, I was going to spell "merry" differently, but thought that was unfair to the ladies.

Kindly list the currently starting NFL quarterbacks that you'd feel confident about coming back from a 2 score deficit. Then move on and list all the backups you'd feel confident about coming back from a 2 score deficit. Let me get you started:

1.) Drew Brees
2.) Peyton Manning (as long as it's not a game with immediate playoff repercussions)
3.) Brett Favre

Surely you'll be able to list every single NFL starter and then start tacking on a dozen or more backups, so this should be easy.

P.S. Brad Johnson is currently the starter for the Cowboys and Palmer is not the starter for the Bengals

Kyle Orton just did it, though they ended up losing
Eli Manning
McNabb
Chad Pennington
Trent Edwards
Hasselbeck
Kurt Warner
Roethlisburger
Jake Delhomme
Aaron Rodgers
Marc Bulger
Jeff Garcia
Jay Cutler
Jason Campbell
Derek Anderson
Philip Rivers
David Gerrad
Kerry Collins
Matt Ryan

Yo Rook,
Your response is what's called "moving the goalposts"

Is that what you call it? call it being reasonable. Sorry if you misunderstood me, but I am not gonna sit here and try and defend a position you think I took just because it makes you feel better.

Is that what you call it? call it being reasonable. Sorry if you misunderstood me, but I am not gonna sit here and try and defend a position you think I took just because it makes you feel better.

Please. That's like me calling you a jackarse and then when you call me on it, I say it was quite obvious I meant to call you a horse.

Please. That's like me calling you a jackarse and then when you call me on it, I say it was quite obvious I meant to call you a horse.

I am sorry you misunderstood me, I haven't called you names and have been completely respectful in my discourse. I clarified what I thought was my obvious position, sorry you misunderstood. I am not here to sling insults, just to discuss football, give my opinion, read other people's opinion and hopefully learn something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes