PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB: Matt is our Quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BB:Matt is our Quarterback

I agree with this to an extent - but Holy Moly that guys field vision sucks out loud! And, he panicks too quickly in the pocket. How can you all not see this?
But why does he "panic" too quickly in the pocket? Cause the O-line lets the pocket collapse in under 2 seconds and doesn't give him time to look around? Nah.... that can't be it at all..

Hopefully the return of Neal will help give him some more time to get reads. I think if he fixes his vision problems, he could be very good.

No the speculation wont stop, trade dead line does not mean you cannot sign any free agents(culpepper, rattay etc). Only means you cannot trade.

Or we could just go without a QB all together. Personally, I think that is a better option than Culpepper or Rattay. Rattay is not in the league for a reason. Culpepper would be miserable in the Pats offense and yes even worse than Cassel. The sack total wouldn't go down, but the turnovers would.

Have you noticed any change from week 1 to now? Has Cassel made any progress at all? Has he gotten better or worse? Has the O-Line given him sufficient time to go through his 4th and 5th reads? Has the O-Line given you confidence that Cassel should not panic and be able to slide around in a nicely formed pocket?

The O-Line has given him enough time to make two reads. Those reads are automatically Moss and Welker (who have been taken away by defenses). OMG HWO CAN NO1 SEEE DIS??/

WOW that is one ugly dog bro... lol No offense if he/she is yours. ;)
Grrrrrr
dimp48c07484d5411.jpg

But why does he "panic" too quickly in the pocket? Cause the O-line lets the pocket collapse in under 2 seconds and doesn't give him time to look around? Nah.... that can't be it at all..

.....a legitimate QB should not panick, first of all. Secondly - his pocket presence blows chunks - when the pocket is collapsing - move around a little - create time - make your friggin' reads! He makes one read - maybe two - then tucks the ball in....when he does move in the pocket - he moves the wrong way. He can't sell the play action because no team respects him. He does not exactly look like Mr. Poise out there. No offense folks, but Matt Cassel is what he is. Not very good and don't expect it to get a whole lot better.

Which brings up a good point - is there any reason why Josh the Dunce is creating some roll out type options for this QB to try to prevent the dear in the headlighst things that's going on?

What does it make Brady and Manning good? They don't hold the ball for long.

Would you think that Cassel learns it while he is here for 4 years.

What does it make Brady and Manning good? They don't hold the ball for long.

Huh? What did you play behind the Pats OL and take too many shots to the head?

.....a legitimate QB should not panick, first of all. Secondly - his pocket presence blows chunks - when the pocket is collapsing - move around a little - create time - make your friggin' reads! He makes one read - maybe two - then tucks the ball in....when he does move in the pocket - he moves the wrong way. He can't sell the play action because no team respects him. He does not exactly look like Mr. Poise out there. No offense folks, but Matt Cassel is what he is. Not very good and don't expect it to get a whole lot better.

Which brings up a good point - is there any reason why Josh the Dunce is creating some roll out type options for this QB to try to prevent the dear in the headlighst things that's going on?

1.) He's not panicking, he's occasionally being indecisive. There's a difference between the two.

2.) He's a backup quarterback and he's not getting time in the pocket to go through every progression.

3.) Pretty much everyone with any level of football knowledge will tell you that pressure up the middle is the most difficult type of pressure for pocket passers to deal with. One would think that even a cursory view of this past Super Bowl would have made that clear.

4.) How the hell do you expect an offensive line that can't protect the pocket after 5 games to be able to protect a QB who's rolling out when they haven't really done that for years?

Last edited:

Nobody had "happy feet" like Tony Eason....

1.) He's not panicking, he's occasionally being indecisive. There's a difference between the two.

2.) He's a backup quarterback and he's not getting time in the pocket to go through every progression.

3.) Pretty much everyone with any level of football knowledge will tell you that pressure up the middle is the most difficult type of pressure for pocket passers to deal with. One would think that even a cursory view of this past Super Bowl would have made that clear.

4.) How the hell do you expect an offensive line that can't protect the pocket after 5 games to be able to protect a QB who's rolling out when they haven't really done that for years?

Well, then Brady must definitely be God because this o-line isn't that much different that last years o-line....and seeing that the o-line is decent at run-blocking..well, try rolling him out a little. You see, the problem is that no one respects Cassell - and they are bringing it to the o-line because there is absolutely no fear of getting burned.

I guess you are just another of the don't watch much NFLites. There are an aweful lot of illegitimate QB's in the NFL apparently, some touted as elite even... reportedly one won it all last season. We can't sell play action because our OL blows chunks and we don't have a legit running game as a result either. That was a silly call because our RB had a couple of more yards on the night than our...QB. But hey maybe Josh was going for the shock effect at that juncture. Most pocket passers loose accuracy on the fly, and our offense is predicated on it. It also cuts the field in half. That's why Brady doesn't like it. Messes with the mechanics and as Donovan McNabb discovered can be detrimental to your career if they catch you in space. And given the choice between Bill's (and even Norv's :D) opinion vs. Garbanza the message board visionary, I'll stick with the pros assessments.

Well, then Brady must definitely be God because this o-line isn't that much different that last years o-line....and seeing that the o-line is decent at run-blocking..well, try rolling him out a little. You see, the problem is that no one respects Cassell - and they are bringing it to the o-line because there is absolutely no fear of getting burned.

Per NFL.com

Morris is averaging 3.2 YPA
Maroney is averaging 3.3 YPA
Jordan is averaging 4.4 YPA, but he's had only 24 carries and has only averaged more than 3.7 YPA in one game this season.

I don't know how you read that and somehow come to the conclusion that the O-line has been decent at run blocking. As for the "fear of getting burned" thing, the Dolphins only blitzed about 3 times all game. In that game, Jordan gained 22 yards on 6 carries and Morris gained 27 yards on 9 carries.

Last edited:

Hopefully the return of Neal will help give him some more time to get reads. I think if he fixes his vision problems, he could be very good.
him and 28 other sucky qb's that whats makes the good and bad

him and 28 other sucky qb's that whats makes the good and bad

Huh?

You know, when you shake your head, I can hear the marbles go round and round.

Huh?

You know, when you shake your head, I can hear the marbles go round and round.

Ain't it something...couple of those lately although I think one has a language excuse...

Ain't it something...couple of those lately although I think one has a language excuse...

I know and I questioned my own maturity (there's not much left) but the logic still does not compute.

I guess you are just another of the don't watch much NFLites. There are an aweful lot of illegitimate QB's in the NFL apparently, some touted as elite even... reportedly one won it all last season. We can't sell play action because our OL blows chunks and we don't have a legit running game as a result either. That was a silly call because our RB had a couple of more yards on the night than our...QB. But hey maybe Josh was going for the shock effect at that juncture. Most pocket passers loose accuracy on the fly, and our offense is predicated on it. It also cuts the field in half. That's why Brady doesn't like it. Messes with the mechanics and as Donovan McNabb discovered can be detrimental to your career if they catch you in space. And given the choice between Bill's (and even Norv's :D) opinion vs. Garbanza the message board visionary, I'll stick with the pros assessments.

good for you, I just trust what I see and I'm not seeing much from the QB. I actually think running game is okay and will only improve. The run blocking is decent. Pass blocking - not so much. I am convinced that Brady made that o-line look good. Five layers of protection my azz!

Yes, there a lot of NFL QB's that aren't exactly ready for prime-time. They are all green, many of 'em suck and some actually show promise. Cassel does not show promise.

You say Cassel will lose accuracy on the fly - perhaps, but where is the accuracy when you tuck the ball in and run for your life? Cassel is "allegedly" a mobile QB - ah okay - lets use it to our advantage? Brady did not liek rolling out because he's lead-foot.

So Tom Brady is not a legitimate QB? Because he sure did panic in the Super Bowl until the Giants' D got tired and the pass rush wasn't getting to him as fast. Seriously, I think half of you should actually say your posts aloud before you hit the "submit reply" button just to test whether or not the post itself is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back