PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB Letting Dynasties Pass Him By

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a hopeless draft geek, I couldn't help but go back and check Seward's combine numbers...

6'7" 288 4.28 39 43.5" 10'09" 3.92 6.62

It still boggles the mind that Demarcus Ware was drafted ahead of him in 2005.

Just think if we had acquired Adam Seward before the 2008 season...

We would have made the playoffs and won the Super Bowl....but Matt Cassel would still be a Patriot backup QB....we would have punted on every offensive possession since our scoring defense would have outscored our scoring offense in 2007. I don't like to speak on what-if scenarios, but a 32+ game undefeated regular season streak....

Last edited:
I think Seward is really the only thing stopping us from another 3 SBs in 4 years... Would he play on STs or is that just a waste of his time ?

I haz now given up hope on the SB or cheezeburgiz for this season. Bummah!

Cutting Adam Seward hurts more then cutting Marvin Harrison for me. Or the release of Edge years ago. Or the retirement of Tarik Glenn.

This one is going to hurt for a long time.

:(

Cutting Adam Seward hurts more then cutting Marvin Harrison for me. Or the release of Edge years ago. Or the retirement of Tarik Glenn.

This one is going to hurt for a long time.

:(

Sir, at least you had a taste. Oh the pain!

Sir, at least you had a taste. Oh the pain!

This is true. He at least filled the Colts locker room with laughter and wisdom for a few months.:(

As a hopeless draft geek, I couldn't help but go back and check Seward's combine numbers...

6'7" 288 4.28 39 43.5" 10'09" 3.92 6.62

It still boggles the mind that Demarcus Ware was drafted ahead of him in 2005.

Umm, is this a joke? According to NFL.com Adam Seward is 6'3" 250. How'd he manage to lose 4" and 38 lbs?

According to this source his combine numbers were more like:

6'2" 248 4.60 33 36.5" 10' 4.11 7.17

2005 NFL Combine Results- Players N-Z

Not bad numbers, but nothing to make Demarcus Ware nervous.

A future HOF defender like Seward will not come cheap, Wilfork and a 2nd rounder maybe. The question is, will we plug in Seward at nose tackle and employ the 1-6 defense allowing six linebackers to roam the field while Seward occupies the entire offensive line, or use his speed at BOTH corner positipons?

either way, it sounds like a great trade, lets do it!

The ole 1-6................ friggen genious, Sign me up. But don't be such a cheapskate, this is Seward we're talking about. Wilkfork, and a 2nd....... No way. Sweeten the pot with Wilfork and Moss or even Ghost if we have too. We can't afford to be outbid on this one.

Seward can easily swich over and play receiver if we need him to. Or FG's and kick's off's for that matter.

Last edited:
Umm, is this a joke? According to NFL.com Adam Seward is 6'3" 250. How'd he manage to lose 4" and 38 lbs?

ahh yess...the plight of the typical Jerod Mayo homer...just because Adam Seward will render the linebacker position obsolete for the New England Patriots doesn't mean there wouldn't be a practice squad spot for the former NFL DROY.

I'll never forget the day. It was early in the morning, and the sun was shining. It was while I gazed at the horizon, that I knew it would be a good day. As I logged on to Patsfans.com, I could feel that something big was happening. Something that would change the Patriots forever. Then, I saw that magical thread......"SHOULD WE SIGN ADAM SEWARD"

That thread gave me hope for the many months that it continued to grow. I kept believing that BB would do the right thing, and save this franchise. After 875 posts, I came to realize that BB could no longer evaluate players. The dream that would be Adam Seward, died. If only BB could see in Adam what we see. :rip:

Are you kidding? This site was originally called Sewardfans.com, but there was no server on the planet that could handle the overwhelming amount of traffic.

How true!

And how can the Jags still be called "Jags" if Adam is playing for them?

Umm, is this a joke?

Isn't it funny that even in a thread where Adam Seward's glory blots out the sun, numbers still seem persuasive? :)

p.s. a couple of those implausible numbers are taken from another player on the Pats' roster, anybody spot them?

Those numbers you posted are misleading, I'll explain

His 40 yard dash time was actually 100 yards, he roughly runs a 2 flat, but they can't slow him down. Think of the Juggernaut from the X-men. Rumor has it that an aircraft carrier jet cable was installed in Indy specifically to slow Seward after his run. The time reflects his momentum coming to a complete rest.

http://www.gogaminggiant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/6a00d834517b5669e200e5519f09be8834-800wi.jpg

Secondly his height was taken from his shins up, they didn't have a ladder or tape measure that was big enough.

Third, the weight posted is actually of his football knowledge.

The cone time is also misleading because it is actually how long it took for Adam to eat all the cones.

This is the exact reason why combine numbers are not a good measure of a player.

Last edited:
Hoping for a release of this living legend was futile. Bill Polian is one of the most respected general managers in sports, it would never happen, right? Once I saw it mentioned online, I still didn't believe it-- I had to travel to 2 friends' houses to check their computers to verify my computer screen wasn't playing games with me---it took me hours to accept the fact he was in fact released. Once this higher being was in fact released by the Colts, my sleep wake cycles began to go askew. My daily jogs went from a respectable 1 mile a day to an astounding 2 miles because of how elated and pumped up I was about seeing a Pats team that was about to become a "part of ever. " I immediately checked expedia flights to Boston because of the no-brainer Feb 9, 2010 Tuesday parade. Instead of ordering my Jerod Mayo jersey that I planned to order online the night before, I held off, knowing there was a possibility that there was a roster space filled by a higher being.

Last edited:
Those numbers you posted are misleading, I'll explain

His 40 yard dash time was actually 100 yards, he roughly runs a 2 flat, but they can't slow him down. Think of the Juggernaut from the X-men. Rumor has it that an aircraft carrier jet cable was installed in Indy specifically to slow Seward after his run. The time reflects his momentum coming to a complete rest.

http://www.gogaminggiant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/6a00d834517b5669e200e5519f09be8834-800wi.jpg

Secondly his height was taken from his shins up, they didn't have a ladder or tape measure that was big enough.

Third, the weight posted is actually of his football knowledge.

The cone time is also misleading because it is actually how long it took for Adam to eat all the cones.

This is the exact reason why combine numbers are not a good measure of a player.

This is a great post and made me laugh out loud.
Though I did hear the carrier cable broke and that 4 NASA parachutes were used to get him to a stand still.

Isn't it funny that even in a thread where Adam Seward's glory blots out the sun, numbers still seem persuasive? :)

p.s. a couple of those implausible numbers are taken from another player on the Pats' roster, anybody spot them?

Just a guess, but the shuffle numbers for Edelmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes