BB, Kraft statements on Pioli

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
ProFootballTalk.com - CHIEFS MAKE IT OFFICIAL
of course florio is shocked that BB could say something nice and personal

Said owner Robert Kraft: “Scott Pioli was an integral part of the many championships the New England Patriots have celebrated this decade and I would like to thank him for his countless contributions throughout the past nine seasons. Scott is a great evaluator of talent. He is thorough in his evaluations, extremely organized and has done a tremendous job mining all possible resources to help Coach Belichick and his staff field the players needed to win consistently. He has played an important role in building a championship tradition with players that I am proud to call Patriots. On behalf of the entire Patriots organization, I wish Scott continued success in his new role and offer best wishes to his wonderful wife Dallas, and their beautiful daughter Mia. I think Clark Hunt and the Kansas City Chiefs have made a very wise hire.”

Added Belichick: “To sum up in words everything Scott Pioli has meant to this organization and to me personally would be difficult, if not impossible. From the day I met him, he has demonstrated a passion for football and respect for the game that is second to none. It has been extremely gratifying for me to follow Scott’s career ascension from the bottom of the totem pole in Cleveland to his place as a pillar of championship teams in New England. Now with the opportunity to steer his own ship and a vision of building a winner, there is no more capable, hardworking, loyal, team-oriented person than Scott Pioli.

“On a personal level, the Belichick-Pioli bond runs far deeper than our workplace, as we and our families have shared countless memories away from football. Working side by side with one of my best friends for almost two decades is special enough in itself. But to help each other achieve success beyond our dreams is a blessing and something I will always remember and appreciate.”

Last edited:
Re: BB ,Kraft statements on Pioli

u think BB knows how much success Pioli finds?

Extremely classy comments from Foxborough. Robert Kraft continues to excel as an owner and Coach B doesn't get the proper credit for being the stand up individual that he is. Well said Coach! You would never see those type of comments from Al Davis. The Patriots will continue to prosper because they promote from within and support a system they can believe in. The league is better for having them in it, as well as ohter classy individuals such as Tony Dungy. I may not like the team, but I respect the coach.

Belichick has always been a class act. The professional nature of the head coaching position is to be secretive, underhanded, temperamental, etc. The masses can't separate this professional nature from his true personal nature. Actually, they could, but out of jealousy they don't want to.

It got a little dusty in here after I read BB's statement.

Yup... once again folks see that New England believes in the concept of "Leadership by Example".

You could almost imagine they really like him.

Demonstrates what we already know, Mr. Kraft is a classy owner and BB is a class act unto himself, this will be a surprise to a lot of folks.. good luck Scott.

Welp they're out of the division at least, by God. Now we get to see Josh McDaniels fine-tune Denver, and see if Scott Pioli can draft Kansas City's way to contending with them.

As for Shanny... don't we need an OC?

Welp they're out of the division at least, by God. Now we get to see Josh McDaniels fine-tune Denver, and see if Scott Pioli can draft Kansas City's way to contending with them.

As for Shanny... don't we need an OC?

Ya know, I said the very same thing about Shanahan, and nearly had my head handed to me. If he's looking to stay in the game, it'd be a great fit for him. If not, I expect he may well end up in the booth somewhere like Cowher.

But I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him here.

Respects,

Let me get this straight

Crap outlets like ESPN and PFT hate the "look at me" types but cover them to the point of upchucking.

Everyone wants the quiet type but BB is a jerk because he is "secretive" and doesn't want to talk to anyone, he just wants to coach football.

However, when BB does say something it's complimentary and these same ******s get bent out of shape.

Perhaps water will start flowing uphill.

I think the media is not accustomed to seeing sincere wishes that come from the heart.

Ease up on Florio, I think he was trying to be funny. Just playing to the perception fostered in the media probably knowing it's bulloney.

So it's done. I guess everyone needs to get out of the nest and fly solo. It's amazing how these situations have all been handled with total class. Forget the idiots in the league and media, most top football people see the Pats as the epitome of class.

Let me get this straight

Crap outlets like ESPN and PFT hate the "look at me" types but cover them to the point of upchucking.

Everyone wants the quiet type but BB is a jerk because he is "secretive" and doesn't want to talk to anyone, he just wants to coach football.

However, when BB does say something it's complimentary and these same ******s get bent out of shape.

Perhaps water will start flowing uphill.

right...send that to florio. unfortunately they dont care as much..

Wow,I'm kind of verklempf after that....seriously,very kind ,thoughtful words.And from a guy all the mediots label as dour and introverted....imagine that!

maybe KRAFTY BOB should have paid the guy

he raised the ticket prices so much last year you would think he has the money

Last edited:

Yeah, poor Scott was only making $3 million a year. How much do you make? Maybe you could float him the difference.

PS - that's a hilarious play on words. You should be very proud of yourself.

That's what you get for thinking. Move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes