PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB is such a hoot! (AFCCG press conference)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Watched Coughlin's press conference earlier, and he was animated and yukkin' it up with reporters.

Then BB has his and it was classic, dead-pan non-answer answers. He was asked about eight questions and had basically the same answer for each and every one of them: "Our focus this week is how best we can play San Diego. Nothing else matters."

Players at the press conference:

Vrabel: excited, team looks forward to playing big games ... it's a tough team to make (with veterans brought in via free agency) ... Chargers are pretty much the same guys as in week two, but brought Chambers in and point production is up ... played run well against Jax but if can't get off the field on third down, that's all negated; all depends on getting off the field on third down ... Chargers offensive line -- three interior guys work well together ... team doesn't change defenses just for the sake of change, everything is specific to the opponent and can change on the fly instead of waiting 'til halftime ... it makes the weeks go by so much faster when you don't look down the road ... having Rodney in the playoffs is a boost, adds emotion, always plays very well in playoff games ... James Sanders learned from Rodney, is smart and tough and has matured ... miss Colvin's lockerroom presence, the way he kept things light ... on Rivers vs. Volek, have to be prepared for both ...

Bruschi: playing in sixth AFCC, knows how to prepare for them from experience ... knew early in the season watching offense play that it could be something special ... linebacking corps was five guys each with his own role, Colvin was making big plays and had to adjust missing his production and lockerroom presence ... good week of practice, full pads one day ... team doesn't worry about what has gone on in the past, focused on next practice, next meeeting, next day, team doesn't think about streaks ... in 12th season, the bigger the games get, the better you feel when you win them ... Rodney is defense's "tone setter," most physical and aggressive player has ever played with ... team is good at coping with distractions because they're used to it, feed off distractions and bond together, rally around that person in the face of criticism and are stronger for it ...

Faulk: when time comes to retire, body will let you know ... being a team captain is one of the most important things in his life, very special honor ... you live in the moment, don't think of fear of failure ... can tell how hard LT works during offseason by his prolific performance ... every negative you get can be turned into a positive, just a matter of attitude ...

Brady: was asked if preparing for a life in Hollywood after football, said Peyton Manning is taking all those jobs ... lockerroom is a safe haven for players ... Moss is a very mature and responsible guy, nobody knows anything about his situation, wants him to know his teammates are there to support him ... consisistency of offensive line has been critical to success ... has been helped by being in same offense for eight seasons ... Seau is as great a leader as you could possibly have on a football team, seems more like 22 in the way he practices, great motivational speaker and usually talks to the team before every game ... says games winning on last possession are the most fun afterward ... pressurized situations can be handled more easily if you do them in practice, breeds confidence to go out and execute ... as becomes more famous, the people can trust are fewer and fewer ...

Turners on now. Rivers is doubtful and will be a game time decision.

as becomes more famous, the people can trust are fewer and fewer ...

Thanks for all the highlights, nice to read them for those who couldn't watch. Thank you for taking the time. This last one jumped out at me, I'm assuming he was answering a question about Moss? It's too bad, can't say I really pity athletes, but there are downsides at times.

Thanks for all the highlights, nice to read them for those who couldn't watch. Thank you for taking the time. This last one jumped out at me, I'm assuming he was answering a question about Moss? It's too bad, can't say I really pity athletes, but there are downsides at times.

No, Brady was talking about himself, when asked how his world has shrunk as his legend grows. He mentioned Bruschi as among his trusted confidantes.

No, Brady was answering a question from Curran (I think it was Curran) about how over his career his world has gotten smaller and smaller because of all his success, and how some people stay in your life and you trust them, and other people don't. He mentioned how teammates like Bruschi and Faulk, guys that have shared all the good and bad experiences with him are people he trusts.

Isn't it a rule that you have to dress up a little for these championship game press conferences? Someone needed to tell Merriman :D

Isn't it a rule that you have to dress up a little for these championship game press conferences? Someone needed to tell Merriman :D

Is he wearing his Hulk Hogan tank top? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back