PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone cares to listen.

Thanks, Mo! I'm now tuned in.

summaries, please?

MoLewisrocks said:
If anyone cares to listen.
Should be filled with earth-shattering, ground-breaking news, insight and planning for the upcoming game! :)

patsox23 said:
summaries, please?
I only heard a little bit, a few things worth repeating :

- Invesco isn't as loud as Mile High but the noise still causes problems.

- The historically good record of teams with a bye is likely more due to the better teams getting byes than the inherent value of the bye.

- Thin air not an issue for NFL players. Maybe it would be if you were trying to set a world record in the 100 yard dash.

That kind of predictable stuff ;)

He also said the pooch punt against Jacksonville was a higher-percentage play at that stage of the game than trying the field goal. He didn't want to give Jacksonville good field position so early if the field goal was missed. Had it been at the end of the half, he would have tried the field goal.

I listened to the whole thing in my car and maybe I was just reading too much into it but, he almost sounded like he was talking about a game they already lost. He did speak to the last time they played them so some of that tone may have come from there. But, nobody knows better than BB that this is not the same team that they were back then. Watching a hi-lite yesterday from the last time they met and seeing a TD reception over Starks is proof enough of that. I would hope that he's actually more optimistic than he sounded to me.

Last edited:
My god, that's all news I can use.

How long did it take them to ask some 'hot stove" questions?

Michael said:
I listened to the whole thing in my car and maybe I was just reading too much into it but, he almost sounded like he was talking about a game they already lost.
It didn't sound remotely like that to me.

Michael said:
I listened to the whole thing in my car and maybe I was just reading too much into it but, he almost sounded like he was talking about a game they already lost. He did speak to the last time they played them so some of that tone may have come from there, but nobody knows better than BB that this is not the same team that they were back then. Watching a hi-lite yesterday from the last time they met and seeing a TD reception over Starks is proof enough of that.

Wait a sec, you think he sounded negative, like he knew we are going to lose? I didn't get that at all....he sounded just the same to me as he ever does. I even LOLed at his description of the metal seats in old Mile High....when the fans would pound on them it was like 80,000 people clashing their cymbals.

Glad to hear my perception was wrong. I was not really sure I just got a feeling from him of an oh man it's going to be an up hill battle. Talking about how Denver almost never turns the ball over and he called one of their CBs the best in the NFL. But, I also realize a lot of this is being realistic and stroking the competition a little.

I even LOLed at his description of the metal seats in old Mile High....when the fans would pound on them it was like 80,000 people clashing their cymbals.

I did too. It was not the kind of thing you usually hear BB say. :)

Last edited:
Did BB say when the team was heading to Denver? I would love to see them leave Thursday and practice out there Friday but that's probably impossible especially with the short week.

When has he ever not built up an opponant. Even if he felt that they were a superior team, he would be elated at the prospects of devising a way to beat them.

alamo said:
Did BB say when the team was heading to Denver? I would love to see them leave Thursday and practice out there Friday but that's probably impossible especially with the short week.
He didn't give much credence to the thin air thing so I assume they'll be on a normal schedule.

alamo said:

When asked he said the rule is they have to leave by 24 hours before the game starts. So my guess is later than sooner.

Michael said:
Glad to hear my perception was wrong. I was not really sure I just got a feeling from him of an oh man it's going to be an up hill battle. Talking about how Denver almost never turns the ball over and he called one of their CBs the best in the NFL. But, I also realize a lot of this is being realistic and stroking the competition a little.

I even LOLed at his description of the metal seats in old Mile High....when the fans would pound on them it was like 80,000 people clashing their cymbals.

I did too. It was not the kind of thing you usually hear BB say. :)

Apparently you don't listen to many of these coffee with the coach segments. He always downplays our most recent performance for prospective (yeah, we did some good things but there were some we could have done better), accentuates the difficulty of the upcoming opponent (whomever it may be), and jokes around with Fred, Steve and as BB calls him "O". It's a very relaxed format, these guys like each other personally, and they don't push him for state secrets.

Bella*chick said:
Wait a sec, you think he sounded negative, like he knew we are going to lose? I didn't get that at all....he sounded just the same to me as he ever does. I even LOLed at his description of the metal seats in old Mile High....when the fans would pound on them it was like 80,000 people clashing their cymbals.

They still do. The seats at Invesco are also metal. The October game was the loudest I've ever heard a stadium. I couldn't hear my friend sitting next to me unless he was shouting.

MoLewisrocks said:
Apparently you don't listen to many of these coffee with the coach segments. He always downplays our most recent performance for prospective (yeah, we did some good things but there were some we could have done better), accentuates the difficulty of the upcoming opponent (whomever it may be), and jokes around with Fred, Steve and as BB calls him "O". It's a very relaxed format, these guys like each other personally, and they don't push him for state secrets.

Actually I don't think I missed a single one. Like I said it was just a feeling or perception and once again glad to hear I was wrong.

Man, talk about lack of respect. Listening to the radio show on http://espnboston.com/ you would think the pats are a 8-8 team in the playoffs for the first time.

Regardless of how patriots fans (and the Boston media) feel about the Pats chances at Denver, you got to show this team some respect.

Ordway was just on FSN. He said he thought that BB was very confident and comfortable as to where the team is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back