PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB is just resting Maroney up for December & the snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It's pretty straightforward. We don't need any conspiracy theories.

December is the time when the running game becomes valuable, as the wind, cold, and snow can slow the passing game.

BB knows this, and was resting Maroney and letting him heal up. He figured that this game with the Eagles would probably be relatively easy, so opted for a one-dimensional game plan that put as little stress on Maroney as possible.

He clearly miscalculated both the talent and heart that the Eagles showed (as most of us did), but I think the general idea of resting Maroney is a sound one.

A healthy-as-possible Maroney will be very important in the cold months to come, particularly with our thin RB situation.

December is the time when the running game becomes valuable, as the wind, cold, and snow can slow the passing game.

BB knows this, and was resting Maroney and letting him heal up. He figured that this game with the Eagles would probably be relatively easy, so opted for a one-dimensional game plan that put as little stress on Maroney as possible.

He clearly miscalculated both the talent and heart that the Eagles showed (as most of us did), but I think the general idea of resting Maroney is a sound one.

A healthy-as-possible Maroney will be very important in the cold months to come, particularly with our thin RB situation.

The case really comes down to gameplan.

honestly. BB has said it over and over and over again. We use players that fit the situtaion at hand.

I've had similiar thoughts that BB was holding him back for the grind. Just not enough confidence to post it though.

One of the best ways to get people to admit to something that they did or know about is the use of rationilization.. It's a great tool... Myself, I am very concerned with this team's inept to running the football.. Where is Corey Dillon?

THANK YOU!

Ive been saying this since MORRIS went down. If Maroney gets hurt, we have Eckel and Evans...which, would be horrible...

BB needs him healthy, why risk it in October/Nov?

Look at all the RB injuries that plague the NFL...

One of the best ways to get people to admit to something that they did or know about is the use of rationilization.. It's a great tool... Myself, I am very concerned with this team's inept to running the football.. Where is Corey Dillon?

Or, BB might be changing game plans and use a RB with fresh legs for the run. Gee, that wouldn't confuse anyone, would it?

I have a theory. The Pats were told to keep this one close. The fella's in Vegas are getting pissed because they can't keep any lines on the Pat's games straight, they went to Goodell and Goodell went to the Pats. Either that or BB had some serious cake on Philly to cover.

Obviously this is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey