PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB: "I support Randy 100%"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's important that a coach stand by his player in that kind of situation. BB has come out and done so, no bones about it. I hope that this case is taken care of properly after the Superbowl, ie dismissed. Just sounds like straight up gold-digging/extortion so far, but I don't know enough of the facts yet to make a proper assessment.

Well let's get back to the football then. :p

Last edited:
Nice that he said it. Thats a pretty big character to have behind you and it also shows the fans, regardless of whats gone on that Randy's side of things more than likely has credibility.

Moss said he spoke to Belichick before the Jags game, right? Anyone want to imagine that conversation?

Randy: Coach, I got to tell you something.
Belichick: Yes?
Randy: Someone...I mean this girl I know....a friend....she's trying to...you know...there was this accident...
Belichick: *stares*
Randy: I think she wants money? And she keeps saying if I don't give her any, she'll ruin me...she'll come out in public with this before the game...
Randy: So...what should I do coach?
Randy: I'm thinking I should just focus on football?
Belichick: *Nods head very slowly*
Randy: Uh, thanks coach.
Belichick: Anytime Randy.

Way too funny, NEP!!!

I doubt you really mean this. I realize to a certain extent all fans root for the laundry, and we give guys a wide path on a lot of stuff. But to say you don't care if he did something horrible or not is strange to me.

I'm not saying I don't care if Moss did something terrible. What I'm saying, is, to pay it any mind now, when he probably hasn't even been served papers, is ridiculous speculation that is unfair to him and potentially distorts the legal process.
Courts issue those orders all the time, and the level of allegations/proof is very low. He should have a right to continue his life, without ...god, I hate to say it...a rush to judgment, like you or I would be able to.

Well here is to hoping its not anything serious. He's been great all season and for this to happen now is unfortunate. I was just trying to get into the next two games (if we make it this week ofcourse!) but now have to look forward to the media garbage regarding Moss and this female.

I really want to support Randy and I'm glad coach does too.
Seems to be the general consensus here, too.

But what I would really like to know is what the hell is this "accident" Randy mentions?
Now the fact that BB has come out in support for him makes me feel better but still...:confused:

Moss said he spoke to Belichick before the Jags game, right? Anyone want to imagine that conversation?

Randy: Coach, I got to tell you something.
Belichick: Yes?
Randy: Someone...I mean this girl I know....a friend....she's trying to...you know...there was this accident...
Randy: I think she wants money? And she keeps saying if I don't give her any, she'll ruin me...she'll come out in public with this before the game...
Randy: So...what should I do coach?
Randy: I'm thinking I should just focus on football?
Belichick: *Nods head very slowly*
Randy: Uh, thanks coach.
Belichick: Anytime Randy.

that was a productive belichick-moss conversation .. Haha...

this randy moss situation could be another rally cry for the pats, gets us more motivated to win even more...

My take on this is the following.

This seems like the classic, BS assault case where person A sues the athlete for money because they are rich. First the story seems like BS, because she didn't call the police, and she waited 9 days or w/e to bring this to the public. Also, if Moss was guilty, wouldn't he have ponied up the 6 figures rather than undergo the scrutiny of being guilty? His playing days would be over likely.

Also, the fact is that if he was guilty, wouldn't he say yeah I did it, I'm sorry, I made a mistake...etc. That reaction would be a LOT LESS than denying it and then having the evidence say that you are guilty. Ala Rodney Harrison.

If Moss is indeed guilty, I will be very disappointed, since he is my favorite player.

Also, with BB having his back, it seems like Moss is right. If BB knew Moss did it, he wouldn't be playing football right now.

I've always believed in Coach Belichick, and if he stands behind Randy, than so do I. There's a saying I firmly believe in, " Don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see." I don't want to know what "accident" he's referring to because it's none of my business. All I know is that he's done what he's said he was going to do in regards to playing and the only ones he has to answer to is Coach Belichick, Scott Pioli and Mr. Kraft. If the triumverant says he's cool, than I'm cool.

That's because you are thinking. Its a stupid story right now, so in order to appreciate it, you need to be, well, stupid. Stop using your brain, and virtually every media story suddenly becomes very interesting.

I'll let it go this time, but try not to be thinking around here again, okay?

My apologies! you're right, I don't know what got into me!

I think it's important that a coach stand by his player in that kind of situation. BB has come out and done so, no bones about it. I hope that this case is taken care of properly after the Superbowl, ie dismissed. Just sounds like straight up gold-digging/extortion so far, but I don't know enough of the facts yet to make a proper assessment.

I haven't had a chance to follow a lot of this, but I haven't heard Moss get charged with anything (from a criminal standpoint anyway). The hearing in 2 weeks is to determine if the temporary restraining order should become permanent. I don't think Moss really cares if he comes within 500 feet/yards/miles of this person again.

The hearing is on the Monday of Super Bowl week. Not sure how big a deal this would be if the Pats are in the SB and if Moss arrived late (I'm sure the Kraft-jet could get him to Arizona lickety-split after the hearing).

Besides being a little logistical pain if the Pats are in the SB, I don't see what the big deal is. If there were going to be criminal or civil charges, they would have happened by now.

Note that I am not making a judgement of the "battery" or "accident" or whatever since I don't know what happened. If Moss assaulted this lady, he should go to jail. Ditto for her if she is trying to extort some cash from a failing relationship. Just talking about the legal proceding on the restraining order, not the incident itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes