Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

October 09, 2006
Belichick on field

Patriots coach Bill Belichick held his Monday press conference (2:45 p.m. ET) and was asked about the Gillette Stadium playing field:

“The field is in terrible condition," he said. "I don’t think anybody in this organization is happy about it, or thinks it’s in good condition. We’ll see what we can do about it. I can’t tell you exactly what that is, but that’s the best I can do. … We’ll see what the options are and see what we can do. It’s October, it’s not like it’s peak growing season.

“All that being said, John Bengtson, who does our field, I think does a tremendous job. He works hard. Our practice fields, we go out there and practice on those fields twice a day in training camp. He’s done a tremendous job with them and they’ve held up great. We’ll see what we can do. …

“Everybody in this organization would like to see that field in better condition than what it’s in. Everybody.â€

Asked if the poor playing field possibly gives the Patriots an advantage because the team is used to it, Belichick said he didn't think that was the case.

"I think we'd play better on a better surface," he said.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 03:27:49 PM

I'm sure Gost and Mare couldn't agree more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back