Welcome to PatsFans.com

BB has high praise for Ed Reed

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by VJCPatriot, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -4

They're going over it on Sportscenter now. Basically BB said that Reed is one of the best players in the NFL. Brady joked that Ed better run after the game or BB would convince him to come back with them on the plane. :)

Is BB really enamored with Reed? What are the chances we would offer a trade for him?
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

He's been talking about Reed like that for years, pretty much since Reed was drafted.
  3. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Nope, Ed's lost a bunch o' steps....... Typical pre-game hyperbole
  4. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

He talks that way before every game. Did you see his interview before the Bills game? If the only thing you knew about Losman was from that interview you would swear Losman was a lock for starting QB in the Probowl.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Bill always provides the other team with anti-bulletin board material... while some others do the opposite.
  6. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -4

Well he is age 29 now but I think he's still in his prime.
    His hands haven't got any worse with age it seems. 5 picks this year already.

http://www.nfl.com/players/edreed/profile?id=REE192451
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Thats what San Diego said about Harrison and he worked out ok.Besides, he is still returning punts, how slow coud he be. I wouldn't think twice about trading the number one for Reed, provided the salary could be worked out. That secures one of the main defensive areas for a number of years.
  8. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Merriweather is here because Bill always regretted passing up the chance to draft a safety from Miami who projected to have some character concerns. He would likely pay him the $6M he makes on his unfortunate early extension from Baltimore but unless they implode and need to clear cap that is unlikely to happen. At the pro bowl last year when Bill was miked in game he told Ed "if I had you and those two corners, that's all I'd need...ALL." So he's not blowing smoke on this one. I haven't seen him play much this year, but playing with that egomaniac who still wants more money and for Billick and his incompetent offense is likely eating at Ed a little. Ask Randy, it's hard to play great when you are mired in incompetence. Still has 5 picks though. I guarantee you Bill would rather pay him for those than Asante.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.