PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB has a press conference scheduled for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatsRI said:
you guessed it 4PM today. Coincidence? I doubt it. What will he announce is the question. It would piss the media off big time if he comes out at 4:03 and says "no news on Branch".

Also Reiss won't be able to have any breaking news this afternoon.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2006/09/friday_plan.html

nice to hear thsi about maroney in there:

A few fans are curious about rookie running back Laurence Maroney, and why he didn't play Thursday or practice on Monday and Tuesday. We're working on that one. Whatever is holding Maroney back isn't expected to be a long-term situation.

Report: BB to hold News conference today at 4PM

I just saw on the "official site" under Reiss's blog that BB has scheduled a news conference today at 4PM.

I have also read that the Vikings have made Branch the best offer and that they are working out compensation with the Patriots. The Vikings offer is supposely better than the Jets.

No damn details on any of this. I have to run to make my tee time soon. So, I'll have to see what I can pick up on the radio after I finish 9 holes.:mad:

EDIT: Please merge this with PatRI thread - I didn't see it- sorry.

Last edited:
Re: Report: BB to hold News conference today at 4PM

Not surprising. It's the day after a game, he normally holds a press conference the next day at 4.

PATSNUTme said:
EDIT: Please merge this with PatRI thread - I didn't see it- sorry.

No prob, done.

PATSNUTme said:
I just saw on the "official site" under Reiss's blog that BB has scheduled a news conference today at 4PM.

I have also read that the Vikings have made Branch the best offer and that they are working out compensation with the Patriots. The Vikings offer is supposely better than the Jets.

Imagine that, if the Jets actually help us by driving up the price from another team?

dryheat44 said:
Imagine that, if the Jets actually help us by driving up the price from another team?

That wouldn't be helping us, that would work against us. They aren't driving up what the Patriots get, they'd be driving up Deion's contract offer.

TomBradyWoot said:
That wouldn't be helping us, that would work against us. They aren't driving up what the Patriots get, they'd be driving up Deion's contract offer.

They'd be driving up the compensation Minnesota or Seattle has to pay us to acquire him. Who cares what Deion's offer is, we're not paying it.

dryheat44 said:

:D

If it has to end in a trade, please let there be a bidding war!

again - agreement with branch still leaves 3 directions for pats:

match agreed to offer

trade him if they like compensation offered

reject trade if they don't like it

nothing has been decided, except that teams like branch and will pay him like a free agent righ now - but he's not free! (he he)

if they deal him, they'll do well, then get other receivers cheaper.

dryheat44 said:
They'd be driving up the compensation Minnesota or Seattle has to pay us to acquire him. Who cares what Deion's offer is, we're not paying it.

If they drive up Deion's offer it shows him that the money he wants is out that and therefore will probably sit out until week 10 so he can hit free agency.

Is Vikings coach Brad Childress related to Bam by any chance?

lobster said:
Is Vikings coach Brad Childress related to Bam by any chance?

He might be. They look awfully similar.

If there's a team crazy/stupid enough to pony up, say, $25M in guaranteed money to Branch and give a high draft pick to the Pats for the honor, why on earth should the Pats match the offer if they're fairly sure he isn't worth that much?

TomBradyWoot said:
If they drive up Deion's offer it shows him that the money he wants is out that and therefore will probably sit out until week 10 so he can hit free agency.

not if the Pats Franchise him so that they can trade him. They would, but the point is moot as may man The Twig gets traded today. If so, he is Dead To Me

TomBradyWoot said:

Hell, any team can say "We'll give you twenty million dollars a year for 20 years." And offer the Patriots a seventh round pick and a jockstrap.

The money is only out there if the team makes a serious trade offer. Otherwise it's all make-believe.

As part of the compensation package wouldn't Belichick/Pioli have to get a first or second round pick? Someone (I forgot who) stated that was pretty much a foregone conclusion if a team wanted him. I don't like to leave us short-handed on receivers but if the last cuts are "late" this year isn't there still a chance to pick up a decent receiver since, I believe, we're under the cap?

dryheat44 said:
Hell, any team can say "We'll give you twenty million dollars a year for 20 years." And offer the Patriots a seventh round pick and a jockstrap.

The money is only out there if the team makes a serious trade offer. Otherwise it's all make-believe.

Which is exactly what I think is going on here anyways. I don't think the Jets are seriously trying to get Deion.

This is stupid. BB always holds press conferences at 4pm EST on the day after games. No conspiracy here. Geez.

TomBradyWoot said:

nope- we can hit him with the franchise tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back