PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB gives more insight than ever on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakadave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
BB was REALLY interesting today on the WEEI radio interview. Not only did he share some of the strategic thinking that went into key coaching decisions, like what kind of kickoff to try at the end of the game (squib, deep, etc.), and what Schottenheimer had to consider when going for it on 4th and 11 (e.g. into the wind, kicks tail sideways much more at the end of their flight) but he also quizzed the hosts as to what THEY would have done in a couple of those situations! The hosts concluded they would've kicked deep to SD on the last kickoff because our kickoff coverage had been good, then BB asked them "OK so what if we had that identical situation in the Tennessee game?" The most insight of this sort I've ever heard him give! BB mentioned (about the missed 54-yarder at the end) that the SD kicker IN THAT DIRECTION was hitting them from 60 during pre-game.

BB was REALLY interesting today on the WEEI radio interview. Not only did he share some of the strategic thinking that went into key coaching decisions, like what kind of kickoff to try at the end of the game (squib, deep, etc.), and what Schottenheimer had to consider when going for it on 4th and 11 (e.g. into the wind, kicks tail sideways much more at the end of their flight) but he also quizzed the hosts as to what THEY would have done in a couple of those situations! The hosts concluded they would've kicked deep to SD on the last kickoff because our kickoff coverage had been good, then BB asked them "OK so what if we had that identical situation in the Tennessee game?" The most insight of this sort I've ever heard him give! BB mentioned (about the missed 54-yarder at the end) that the SD kicker IN THAT DIRECTION was hitting them from 60 during pre-game.

Good stuff. Is it online?

...that the SD kicker IN THAT DIRECTION was hitting them from 60 during pre-game.

My jaw dropped when BB said that. Thank god I didn't know that yesterday. My heart could not have handled it.

Is this interview in the EEI vault? I can't seem to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back