PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB Expose on NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildo7

Totally Full of It
Reaction score
http://www.nbcsports.com/portal/sit...0VgnVCM10000075c1d240RCRD&cpsextcurrchannel=1

Only winning suits this Bill
By Tom Curran
NBCSports.com Updated: Oct30, 2007, 11:34 AM EDT

(First of a three-part series)

“Right now, I’m the only one that’s not telling them how great everything is. I’m the only one. What do you think these guys hear when they leave here? From their families, their friends, their girlfriends, their buddies? Everybody’s telling them how great they are. I try to balance it.” -- Bill Belichick

FOXBORO, Mass. -- He sits on a small riser in the media room at Gillette Stadium on a Friday afternoon two days before his Patriots are to play the Washington Redskins. Cutoff gray sweatpants. Cutoff gray sweatshirt. Forearms resting on bended, 55-year-old knees.

Two days later, his Patriots bludgeoned the Redskins, 52-7. The win came with the attendant outrage and eyerolling that seems to accompany every New England win. The Patriots poured it on at the end, was the criticism. Embarrassed Washington and their Hall of Fame head coach Joe Gibbs. Gibbs said he took no issue with Belichick or the Patriots. But some of his players did. And huge swaths of fans and media did as well.

Through the first eight games of the 2007 season, the Patriots have been historic. They’re 8-0 and averaging more than 41 points per game, winning by an average of 25.5 points. No team in the Super Bowl era has shown such staggering dominance in the first half of a season.

good read..

Great piece. "I have been on the top 10 list and the bottom 10 list at the same time". He gets it. No wonder the players love him, he cuts through the crap.

Wow.

It looks like Curran has gotten almost Holley-like access to BB in the past few weeks.

Can't wait for the next two parts.

BB's quotes are incredible in this piece. He is what he is, but talk about someone who's well grounded? He is almost Zen-like in this interview.

He completely gets it.

Farveorite quote: "...But you're always going to have that other crap to."

I love how he and the team can tune out all of the BS that goes on with the media.

And I love his disdain for the media too...it's so obvious in his post game interviews.

Last edited:
Wow.

It looks like Curran has gotten almost Holley-like access to BB in the past few weeks.

Can't wait for the next two parts.

BB's quotes are incredible in this piece. He is what he is, but talk about someone who's well grounded? He is almost Zen-like in this interview.

next part is brady i think.

WOW I'm speechless This is a real, actual, Bellichick interview. I don't think I've seen one before!

Thanks for this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back