PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB: Brandon Spikes "looked like he hadn’t practiced in four weeks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you can chalk this up entirely to BB just saying a non-chalant meaningless and general statement. When he answers questions in such a way, he usually says that they did some things well (and sometimes says them in particular) and then says that they also have things they can improve upon... it's textbook and you can almost see it coming every presser. But if his statement was limited to this quote, then that's a surprising bit of tongue-lashing from BB, IMO.

I expect he'll be out there at the start. If he holds up, he'll remain out there on 1st and 2nd downs. I expect he'll hold up.

Things Rex Ryan would say

"He needs to get his footwork down, but don't worry Jets fans I'm personally helping him with that. *drools*"

P.S.

"Han Mah Bookie, Ho ho ho ho, Noo Jah Deelo Solo?"

Right after I read the title I pictured Spikes watching Lifetime while downing buckets of Ben and Jerrys for the past month. Glad to see Bill just needs to whip him back into shape.

Spikes out of shape?

One of the knuckleheads on The Big Show said that Spikes came back from the suspension out of shape? Is there any truth to this?

I noticed that BB did not seem real excited when they asked him about Spike's return but it could just be the usual BB reticence.

Re: Spikes out of shape?

Being generally out of shape and being out of football shape are two different things. I would venture a guess that it was the latter in Spikes' case.

I'm sure he'll have some rust, but he'll still make plays out there. We just need him to be effective stopping the run, which I'm sure he will be.

Too much Chatroulette? :bricks:

If he is out of shape I'm starting to question if Spikes is a patriot player.

Fletcher is right on his tail so he better not be out of shape. :D

One of the knuckleheads on The Big Show said that Spikes came back from the suspension out of shape? Is there any truth to this?

I noticed that BB did not seem real excited when they asked him about Spike's return but it could just be the usual BB reticence.

I believe his quote was " he looks like hasn't practiced with the team for 4 weeks" which some in the media changed to " it looks like he hasn't practiced for 4 weeks" which has an entirely different meaning.

I have no idea if there is any validity to this rumor.

One thing is sure though; he will have fresh legs. At this time of year ALL the players are nursing injuries or one type or another. Sometimes when you see a fresh guy on the field late in the season he will just fly all over the place.

Hopefully this will be the case with Spikes. He is long overdue to put the hammer to someone and tomorrow would be a good stage to do it.

Wednesday called and wants its thread back.

On Wednesday (or Tuesday), Belichick told the press that Spikes looked like he hasn't practiced with the team in four weeks. It is unknown if it is a case of Belichick tweaking him for being out or he being out of shape or that he just had a little rust. Since then, we haven't heard anything.

A leading tackler on defense and one of the best run stuffers. I expect to see him early and often.

The guys over at PFW in-progress said that Spikes looked fine and that BB was gonna say something disparaging about him no matter how he looked. I guess BB was pretty PO'd (rightfully so) at Spikes for getting suspended for something he could have completely avoided had he spoken with the league before getting tested and is just putting the youngster in his place.

They also figured BB won't let him start but will play a lot in the game.

Mayo said Spikes looked fine (Quick Slants).

That show is hilarious, Curran is such a spaz as a host.

The guys over at PFW in-progress said that Spikes looked fine and that BB was gonna say something disparaging about him no matter how he looked. I guess BB was pretty PO'd (rightfully so) at Spikes for getting suspended for something he could have completely avoided had he spoken with the league before getting tested and is just putting the youngster in his place.

They also figured BB won't let him start but will play a lot in the game.

I heard that as well and I think they are right. It´s BBs way of punishing the guy for letting his team down by getting a stupid suspension.

Funny how the mediots on the radio, have interpreted these comments... Time and time again this week this has been extraolated about how we will not be able to stop the run, and how this weakness will be exploited..

Last edited:
Why is it some are acting like Spikes has committed a cardinal sin? He made an honest rookie mistake with medicine he had a prescription for but didn't know he had to tell the NFL about and naturally might have looked rusty in practice after going a month without playing. He's nowhere near the point of being labeled as someone who's personality doesn't fit the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back