BB: Brady Doing Well

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPF

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This is great news!!
The National Football Post | Belichick: Brady Doing Well

Bill Belichick closed his press conference by letting us know that Tom Brady is “doing well.”

“He’s doing his offseason work without limitation,” the coach said of his quarterback.

It was a short sentence, but it likely helps calm the minds of Patriots fans everywhere…

Bring on the games.

I can not believe the reporter asked Belichick about gun fire at Bradys wedding. LOL!

:singing: No limitations. That is great news.

This probably deserves its own seperate post but since I cant start one yet I figured I'd broach the subject here. Now that he appears to be in good health and ready for the 2009 season what's it going to take to resign him at the end of next season? Will he want a market level deal 40-50 million garunteed and a 100 million dollar contract or will he agree to sign another team friendly deal. Sans injury I would have gone with team friendly deal in a heart beat but now that he's blown out his knee and he's coming up on the back end of his deal will he want to break the bank? Could very well be his last contract and he might want some financial sercurity. Even more importantly will the Pats resign him if he does want to break the bank?

This probably deserves its own seperate post but since I cant start one yet I figured I'd broach the subject here. Now that he appears to be in good health and ready for the 2009 season what's it going to take to resign him at the end of next season? Will he want a market level deal 40-50 million garunteed and a 100 million dollar contract or will he agree to sign another team friendly deal. Sans injury I would have gone with team friendly deal in a heart beat but now that he's blown out his knee and he's coming up on the back end of his deal will he want to break the bank? Could very well be his last contract and he might want some financial sercurity. Even more importantly will the Pats resign him if he does want to break the bank?

His wife makes like $30 million per year. I don't think financial security is much of a concern ;)

Getting way, way ahead of ourselves here. Right now, I want to see him move deftly in the pocket as before and throw all lengths of passes accurately and with good velocity/good touch. That's all. Well, I want the mental and leadership stuff also, but they shouldn't have been affected by the injury.

Pre-nup? 10 char.

Possibly, I guess, but over the course of his career he's going to bank over $100M on salary and endorsements either way himself, regardless of whether or not he goes for every dollar on his next contract. Even if there is a pre-nup, it would probably just limit what he could get but still leave him rich as all hell.

Could very well be his last contract and he might want some financial sercurity.

lolz

is this a joke post?

anyway, I don't think he's stupid --- he knows it's a team sport and there's only so much dough to go around.
he can get paid fine w/o a raider contract.

Plus he's articulate, good looking and TV dream so he walks into a lucrative media career when he's done

I mean Phil Simms or Tom Brady ?

Are you the guy from those Subway commercials?

I think Tommy's going to continue to be well compensated, but not at the risk of denying the club wiggle room for the weapons he needs to succeed. Barring further major injury, I'd say Tommy is looking at another 5-8 years as NE's QB...then he buys a share of the team from the Kraft family and starts studying GM duties under Belichick. :cool:

Barring further major injury, I'd say Tommy is looking at another 5-8 years as NE's QB...then he buys a share of the team from the Kraft family and starts studying GM duties under Belichick. :cool:

That would be sweet :D

I'd say Tommy is looking at another 5-8 years as NE's QB...then he buys a share of the team from the Kraft family and starts studying GM duties under Belichick. :cool:

I feel a tingle going down my leg

That would be sweet :D

That would be REAL SWEET.

I think the team will pay him accordingly. He is the most face of the team. He has earned that pay day and I am sure something creative will be worked out. I would imagine he wants to stay a Patriot his whole career.

Possibly, I guess, but over the course of his career he's going to bank over $100M on salary and endorsements either way himself, regardless of whether or not he goes for every dollar on his next contract.

Brady's been a pretty wise investor over the years (horses,real estate,probably other venues along those lines) and he's also diversified himself into commitments like Stetson,Smart Water and whatever else.

He's set himself up for the long-term,way past his football days. Randy Moss has planned well too,investing in racing for example.

Wasn't there a time when speculation swirled around TFB entering politics? Brady/Moss ticket maybe :cool3: ;)

TFB's always done what's best for the team which actually also translates into what's best for him as QB. Can't see why he'd change that outlook,and can't see why he'd count on Gisele's money either. They may have joint investments too,who knows.

Great news about no limitations!

This is encouraging news.

Are you the guy from those Subway commercials?
They replaced Jared with Michael Strahan. Why an all time top 5 sacks leader, and a guy who seems to be able to get any job as an NFL announcing side guy he wants would pose as a sandwich slinger is beyond me. Apologies to sandwich slingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down