PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB being called a sore loser

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
On cold pizza that sh_t head was saying BB is a sore loser, and that Dungy isnt. BB said some comments about Manning and said he respected him, and that if the Pats didnt win, hes glad Peyton did. It looked to me that BB was being sincere. They even showed BB and Peyton talking on the practice field for Probowl. Who likes to lose? To me a sore loser is someone that cries, and whines, like what LT did after the Pats/Chargers game. I didnt see BB do anything like that, so how is saying you respect Manning being a sore loser?

Last edited:
On cold pizza that sh_t head was saying BB is a sore loser, and that Dungy isnt. BB said some comments about Manning and said he respected him, and that if the Pats didnt win, hes glad Peyton did. It looked to me that BB was being sincere. They even showed BB and Peyton talking on the practice field for Probowl. Who like to lose? To me a sore loser is someone that cries, and whines, like what LT did after the Pats/Chargers game. I didnt see BB do anything like that, so how is saying you respect Manning being a sore loser?

1. Don't listen to what people on cold pizza say
2. Better yet, don't watch cold pizza at all
3. Lay off the coffee son and/or use paragraphs :D

Even if he is a sore loser - so what ? This isn't Kindegarten.

Typical media move.. a few years ago they loved the guy and team... So they built them up.. Now that Bill and the team reached the top, the media loves to tear them down.. Its called a trend.. Peaks and valleys.. Peaks and Valleys.. All it is..

Even if he is a sore loser - so what ? This isn't Kindegarten.

Agreed. Meanwhile, he's NOT. Belichick, if anything, gives credit where credit is due, doesn't blatantly ***** about the officiating, and takes responsibility for losses, "the better team won," all that. The media has a huge bias, and it ain't liberal - it's lazy and sensational.

Sorry, but I give him a pass for snubbing Manning. I can't even imagine what it must have been like to have to congratulate that fraud Dungy knowing that the refs gave them the game.

It's a shame because I'd like to give the Colts credit, but if they had gotten beaten by the Colts fair and square, than that would be one thing. But that's not what happened in that game.

Sorry, but I give him a pass for snubbing Manning. I can't even imagine what it must have been like to have to congratulate that fraud Dungy knowing that the refs gave them the game.

It's a shame because I'd like to give the Colts credit, but if they had gotten beaten by the Colts fair and square, than that would be one thing. But that's not what happened in that game.

That's just it. You have it all wrong. BB never snubbed Peyton. Peyton said this week that on the Thursday b4 the SB that BB called him and wished him the best of luck. In a totally different interview, BB said Peyton called him multiple times before the last 2 SB we won. Peyton even talked to BBs kids for a while. There was no snubbing. Peyton said that BB's call meant a lot to him and that he greatly appreciated it.

When is the last time you heard Marty call Tom? Class act right there.

It might be splitting hairs, but I think there is an important distinction between a bad loser and a sore one. He certainly clams up, gets pissed off, and lets it affect how he deals with other people, so I think he qualifies as a bad loser.
It may not be ideal, but it certainly shows how much he hates losing, and personally I think there is a big difference between that and complaining or make excuses - things he never does. (And which I would term a sore loser).

It might be splitting hairs, but I think there is an important distinction between a bad loser and a sore one. He certainly clams up, gets pissed off, and lets it affect how he deals with other people, so I think he qualifies as a bad loser.
It may not be ideal, but it certainly shows how much he hates losing, and personally I think there is a big difference between that and complaining or make excuses - things he never does. (And which I would term a sore loser).

Huh? I don't even think it is that. What is the difference between BB in post game press conference when we win or lose? There is not much difference there. He is what he is. He has never been open to the press. He always says the minimun and never stirs the pot. He is always consistant. He is not a bad loser because he happens to give the same responses when he wins. That is why he is BB.

BB hates to lose (Thank God!!!) but doesn't diminish his competitors in doing so unlike others of recent memory....in warmer climates.....

I'm glad he's a sore loser.

Good losers are losers.

The only conclusion that can come out of this is that these clowns on cold pizza are simply trying to drum up viewers. I think they know that the majority of NFL fans out there are sick of the Patriots and are glad when they lose. So while it is fresh in everyones mind they do what they can to bash BB and co. And when you get suuch a visible player like LT calling them '"classless" it only fuels the fire more.

I refuse to watch that show, or really any show on ESPN the is basically a talk show that requires opinions from these so called experts but in the end it allows them ti hide behind the tv monitor by not taking viewers calls. But I wonder if the fact that LT has backed of his claims, or if the fact that BB called up Manning before the superbowl with some words of encouragement has been brought up by these jokers.

Not to mention the fact that teams like the Colts have been complaining for years as to why they lose games, or why they can never win the superbowl. Anyone remember how Polian complained that they had to open the 2004 seaon in Foxboro and that they basically lost their chance at home field advantage because of that. And that was after week 1 of the season. They whole season was lost accordng to the Colts.

Cold Pizza is possibly the most worthless show on TV. They are always wrong with their facts, and their bias always runs the show! There are all these reports about how the pats respected the colts, congradulated them, wished them well, BB at the probowl joking with players, ect....and cold pizza has this crap-------just worthless!

Cold Pizza is possibly the most worthless show on TV. They are always wrong with their facts, and their bias always runs the show! There are all these reports about how the pats respected the colts, congradulated them, wished them well, BB at the probowl joking with players, ect....and cold pizza has this crap-------just worthless!

i know, thats why i call him sh_t head, and not by his name. Me and my buddies say sh_t head, and we immediately know who where talking about, lol.

Last edited:
What is the difference between BB in post game press conference when we win or lose?

not for nothing, but the difference in the postgame handshakes seemed drastically different with regards to the Jets.

:D

Last edited:
why even start a thread like this one ?bb 3 sb dungy 1 . thats all that matters to me .i dont care what bb does as long as he doesnt leave the patriots .when the day comes that bb does leave im going to cry like a two year old .

I will take Dungy anytime.

Why is he a fraud to you people is beyond me?

I am glad everyone hates the Pats, Boston sports teams, and Boston sports fans. They are so unlikable.

Your team choke. That's all that we need to know. I am happy that they came through too. It's so good to see Pats fans squirm.

why even start a thread like this one ?bb 3 sb dungy 1 . thats all that matters to me .i dont care what bb does as long as he doesnt leave the patriots .when the day comes that bb does leave im going to cry like a two year old .

If your going to ask me why i start a thread like this, then why would you even talk about things that have nothing to do with it. Everyone, not just me had made many posts about what people are saying about BB, there was only 20 threads written about what LT was saying about BB, whats the difference.

I don't know from "bad" or "sore" or whatever, but I do know that in the immediate aftermath of the game, our coach can seem a touch ungracious.

I think like many things that get blown out of proportion, there's a kernal of truth there. But I actually really like that about him. He's not big on the formalities like the proper etiquitte for handshakes and congratulating your opponent or the post-game loser's interview. He just isn't. It doesn't come naturally to him, and in the heat of the moment he's not good at it. That's really what this is all about.

I think that's all a fair criticism. What's unfair is that he's a careful guy who thinks hard about things, and when he does, he's a very gracious guy. I think he genuinely does, ultimately, figure out what is the right way to handle something and the wrong way, and when forced to figure it out, his heart is in the right place. But ultimatley and deep down, I think he thinks it's all bullsh*t. Left to his own devices, he would never congratulate another coach, call another player, or even spend much time giving a crap about who wins the superbowl after his team is out of it. But at the same time, he doesn't expect that from anyone else. I think he just wants to coach and if he could do away with all the crap that goes with it that is not of substance but merely protocol, he would in an instant. Not that he doesn't feel warmly toward other coaches or players in the league -- I'm sure he does. But to the extent there are expectations that he is supposed to or not supposed to do anyting as a matter of etiquette that really has nothing to do with football, he has no interest.

So, ultimately, I think that's what people are criticizing -- not how he wins or loses but the fact that he doesn't want to play the game that everyone else plays without thinking about it. Our coach hates it. And he's unable to conceal the fact that he hates it, because he hates it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back