PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB at Florida pro day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEPats1

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Hey guys, there aren't too many times when I'm on the same campus as the great Bill Belichick, so when it does happen, I feel the need to make a thread about it! :D

(Unfortunately they only allowed media to attend)

Here are some pics:

bilde

bilde

bilde

Link:
GatorSports.com Galleries | Gatorsports.com | The Gainesville Sun

If there was one player who I had to bet the Pats had their eye on, it's Ahmad Black. While he doesn't have the best size nor forty time, he's smart, hard working guy who finds a way to make plays.

Here's a PFT story about Black and the Pats:

We’ve liked a lot that we’ve heard about Florida safety Ahmad Black.

He’s an undersized prospect, but Mike Mayock ranks him second in a weak safety class because he had a knack for big plays at Florida. Mayock was a former safety and seemed to think Black gets “it.” He’s a heady player.

Perhaps no player saw his stock drop more at the Combine. Black ran two times in the 4.7′s, which caused a lot of people to think he’d drop far deep in the draft. Given a chance to improve things on Tuesday at Florida’s Pro Day, Black again ran in the mid 4.7′s according to Rob Rang of CBSSports.com.

Perhaps Black will be this year’s Brandon Spikes. After Spikes’ slow forty last year, draftniks said he’d fall deep in the draft. The Patriots wound up taking him in the second round and Spikes had a solid rookie year.

Incidentally, there was one head coach at Florida’s Pro Day Tuesday: Bill Belichick.

Ahmad Black could be this year’s Brandon Spikes | ProFootballTalk

Last edited:
Nice ... Bill looks like he lost a few pounds also which is nice to see ... we need him healthy.;)

I thought Pouncey's comments regarding himself were pretty funny. "They all loved me"

I read he had a fantastic pro day and Belichick met with him as well.

Cool. Good info; thanks for the post.

As far as being the next Spikes...if there is even a sniff that the Patriots will take him early then some other team will take him earlier....(Cleveland?)

I have to ask . . . are Belichick and Saban still buddies ? I never see them hanging out together like Belichick and Meyer do (even before Meyer retired).

I have to ask . . . are Belichick and Saban still buddies ? I never see them hanging out together like Belichick and Meyer do (even before Meyer retired).

Let's see...

Bill-Belichick-and-Urban-Meyer-10-18-10.jpg

032208_belicheck.jpg

610x.jpg

jimmy-boat.jpg

...or...

medium_Nick%20Saban%20blows%20bubbles.jpg

dreamland%20BBQ.JPG

Who is that last picture ?

The only 2 guys that hang out in Tuscaloosa, Alabama in March.
LOL - thanks, although I'm a 'Bama fan right now as I'm a SabanFan in addition to a BelichickFan.

Roll Tide.

On subject, I doubt we'll see many Gators turn Patriots this year. Pouncey and that's about it until late in the draft.

I like the name on Jimmy's boat: Three Rings. If BB ever gets a boat (on Nantucket?) hopefully it will be called Four Rings. And gawd help us fishermen if BB takes an interest in striped bass after he retires...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back