PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB and Mankins have a "nice talk"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. This falls on Kraft.

Disagree.

If BB told Kraft he was worth the dough he'd be signed by now.

It's escalated to Kraft b/c of the CBA and it's implications. Nothing more.

The Patriots have lost 2 playoff games with Mankins at LG. He sucks. Let him go and find a LG who will win playoff games.

The Patriots have lost 2 playoff games with Mankins at LG. He sucks. Let him go and find a LG who will win playoff games.

Are you really saying that Mankins is the root cause to the losses? Was he the root cause in the Super Bowl too?

Couldn't be the defense or the fact that they played better teams now could it?

Are you really saying that Mankins is the root cause to the losses? Was he the root cause in the Super Bowl too?

Actually, they lost the last THREE playoff games with him at LG.

And, to answer your last question: No. The Patriots were the better overall team going into all 3 of those games.

Regarding whether he was the "root cause", of course not. He's an excellent player. He's not the savior however. And THAT fact is the fundamental reason why he alone cannot make the big difference. It is a team game, and the OL is a teamwork area. If we can get a couple of solid B+ players for Mankins, instead of having the solid A Left guard, I wish Logan all the best in his future in Cinncinatti.

All I know is that the Patroits have not won a playoff game in 3 years. Mankins has been the LG for the whole entire 3 years. If we can win with him, then let him go.

Up until 2 weeks ago I would never have thought such a thing. But, I have been reading my fellow Patriots fans posting on this board and have learned.

The same goes for everyone else on the team. Sure they can go 14-2 but they did not win a playoff game. So no one is untouchable now.

Was he the root cause in the Super Bowl too?

Mankins getting absolutely pwned by Justin Tuck was indeed a significant contributing factor.

Though by that logic we should also show Koppen the door, as he's been consistently worse.

And how many SB's have the Patriots won with Mankins?

And how many SB's have the Patriots won with Mankins?

By that logic Joe Andruzzi, Russ Hochestein and Mike Compton are better players than Mankins.

One player does not win or lose a playoff game or a SB.

C'mon now...

Mankins getting absolutely pwned by Justin Tuck was indeed a significant contributing factor.

Though by that logic we should also show Koppen the door, as he's been consistently worse.

I'm not down on Mankins as much as you guys.

Koppen and Connolly absolutely.

However if the team had a defense that slowed the game down and a power running game that teams respected, defensive linemen would not be as aggressive with their pass rush. IMO it was those two things than won 3 SBs.

Last edited:
All I know is that the Patroits have not won a playoff game in 3 years.

I hate when people say this. its not true. The patriots have not won the LAST 3 playoff games, its a totally different thing. 2007 they won 2 "playoff" games to get to the superbowl.

And, to answer your last question: No. The Patriots were the better overall team going into all 3 of those games.

Regarding whether he was the "root cause", of course not. He's an excellent player. He's not the savior however. And THAT fact is the fundamental reason why he alone cannot make the big difference. It is a team game, and the OL is a teamwork area. If we can get a couple of solid B+ players for Mankins, instead of having the solid A Left guard, I wish Logan all the best in his future in Cinncinatti.

Agreed on the Mankins take. I personally don't think he is worth the money.

W/O Welker, they were not better than BAL.

I'm not down on Mankins as much as you guys.

Koppen and Connolly absolutely.

However if the team had a defense that slowed the game down and a power running game that teams respected, defensive linemen would not be as aggressive with their pass rush. IMO it was those two things than won 3 SBs.

I'm not down on Mankins necessarily; I think he's a very good player. Unfortunately, he has a bit of a tendency to come up small in the playoffs.

All I know is that the Patroits have not won a playoff game in 3 years. Mankins has been the LG for the whole entire 3 years. If we can win with him, then let him go.

Up until 2 weeks ago I would never have thought such a thing. But, I have been reading my fellow Patriots fans posting on this board and have learned.

The same goes for everyone else on the team. Sure they can go 14-2 but they did not win a playoff game. So no one is untouchable now.

The Pats can absolutely win a SB w/o Mankins. I think they are a better team with him but that is besides the point.

If Mankins goes, they need someone to replace him than can do a good job. C, RG and front 7 are all key needs than can off-set the loss quite easily.

Agreed on the Mankins take. I personally don't think he is worth the money.

W/O Welker, they were not better than BAL.

Mankins is one of the best OL in the league. I think he's worth the money...

Well, if you didn't know that it was the silly season before, you'll certainly know it once you've read this thread.

Mankins is one of the best OL in the league. I think he's worth the money...

Let me clarify. He is worth top 5 G money to a team. The question is do the Patriots need to pay him that in order to win a SB.

That is a separate question.

I hate when people say this. its not true. The patriots have not won the LAST 3 playoff games, its a totally different thing. 2007 they won 2 "playoff" games to get to the superbowl.

Sorry, but they did not win a playoff game in 2008, 2009, and 2010. That is three years or could be 4 years depending how people count years.

Last edited:

Amen brother. I'm almost blown away by how deified Mankins is to most Patriots fans. Great player, no doubt, but not a huge impact player.

For someone considered elite, you have to admit he chooses some curious times to play his most under whelming football.

Plus, his attitude is curious to me as well. He says he doesn't need the money, but scoffs at top 5 dollar amount.

He's said to be a great teammate, yet had no problems leaving his teammates in the lurch to make a point on his contract.

I don't know. I know it's a business, but his attitude seems to be one to take his own self interests over the teams, and to me, that says alot about his character.

I'd be fine with tagging him and trading him. Even if it's just a 2nd rounder.

Top dollar for a great run blocking, above average pass blocking guard is not end all, be all for future success. If anything it's probably one of the easier positions to replace.

Using your logic, the team should never have re-signed Brady or Wilfork.

Last edited:
Sorry, but they did not win a playoff game in 2008, 2009, and 2010. That is three years or could be 4 years depending how people count years.

I know but you know what i mean. saying they havent won a playoff game in 3 years is taking away the fact that they did indeed win a playoff game in 3 years.

You can say they lost the last 3 playoff games consistently and really to me, the first one was a superbowl, they had to win playoff games to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back