PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB: “It’s a pretty good run-blocking group."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
There is a serious battle for roster spots on the defensive line, with veterans Damione Lewis and Gerard Warren joining rookies Brandon Deaderick, Kade Weston and others. The coaches have had ample opportunity to see them in practice.

“We’re going up against some good blockers - (Sebastian) Vollmer and (Matt) Light and those guys,” Belichick said. “It’s a pretty good run-blocking group. They’ve been tested there and I think they’ve been very competitive.”

Ryan Wendell vies for Logan Mankins’ spot - BostonHerald.com

good, maybe the d-line will stop the run this year with more consistancy.....or was the point of this thread to point out that BB thinks the o-line cant 'pass block' ?

The point is to try to guess BB's sincere views of the OL.

I'm not confident in anything beyond that he thinks the tackles are pretty good run blockers, which is a view most people would probably agree with.

BB says good stuff about everyone and everything so i will believe it when i see it.

I guess this means that I should expect a great year from Maroney (I'll be holding my breath)! ;)

Of course I might be reading a bit too much into this but this would seem to be a pretty direct contradiction to his comments last season about the group's run blocking.

Of course I might be reading a bit too much into this but this would seem to be a pretty direct contradiction to his comments last season about the group's run blocking.
I find that odd too and they've declined on paper.

Connolly seems to be a fine choice for backup RG, the position he held last year.

Actually, for all that I have said about Connolly, he's not that bad of a run blocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back