PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Baugher waived, Chris Hanson signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Baugher Waived. Hanson signed.

A bit interesting..wasn'y another punter brought in for a tryout in the last two weeks?? I thought I read that...didn't think all that much about it and...
I agree a one game tryout to see how he does. Baugher could end up back on the PSqd..or maybe Miller will return. I would not be surprised with that.

Re: Baugher Waived. Hansen signed.

Just to make it clear: at the moment, Baugher is not a Patriot. He might be signed to the PS early next week, but, right now, any other team that wants him can have him.

I know that, but I was referring to the quote from Reiss' blog entry:

Mike Reiss said:
The Patriots' move came as a surprise to Baugher, who was the lone punter on the club's roster. Yet Baugher is open to returning to the team, according to his agent, Kristine Rosendahl, who explained that she is "working through things" and expected that Baugher would be back with the Patriots, either on the roster or practice squad.

"We trust their judgment," she said. "They believe in Danny and we believe in them."

I wonder if the Pats will make a deal with Baugher, like they did with Billy Yates and Brandon Gorin in the past, where they pay him roster money despite being on the PS. He agrees to stay here and bide him time until they need him. That gives them a backup plan while they try out a veteran.

Hard to say "shocked" about a punter transaction.
But wow.
That's a surprise.

Baugher was on the practice squad all last year. Off-season activities. Punting in training camp every day. Three pre-season games. Then suddenly a U-turn.

I guess what's equally surprising is that they didn't cut, say, Zach West or Larry Anam for this transaction. They could have very easily released a guy that had no chance at the roster, and kept Baugher during the Hanson try-out.

Mmm ... and there's this AFL guy Sav de Rocca sending out his resume to all of the NFL teams and the Patriots didn't even bring him in for a try-out. Now he looks like he has the punting job for the Eagles.

I worship BB and Pioli with the rest of the congregation, but cutting Miller and Sauerbrun for axe-boy ...

I miss Ken Walter.

Ducks into a nearby bunker muttering "well, BB wanted fireworks for Labor Day."

I miss Ken Walter.

He misses you too, Box.

Of all the worrying going on, no one was worried about our punter, now look what happened. We must worry about everything.:scared:

Yeah, I've been trying not to think about that, it makes my head hurt. A bizarre brain lapse for such a smart front office.

Honestly, that "clerical error" would likely have been never brought up if Sauerbrun wanted to be here in the first place.

I miss Ken Walter.

Brooks Barnard says "hi!" :)

I know that, but I was referring to the quote from Reiss' blog entry:

I wonder if the Pats will make a deal with Baugher, like they did with Billy Yates and Brandon Gorin in the past, where they pay him roster money despite being on the PS. He agrees to stay here and bide him time until they need him. That gives them a backup plan while they try out a veteran.

I'm guessing that if Hansen sucks, he comes back. I wouldn't guess Josh Miller would be back unless things got wierd.

Ken Walter?
:eek:

Please refrain from using that name. Some of us would like to get through our day without putting their head through a wall.

Thank You,

Mgcolby

:D

I miss Ken Walter.

Not you too?

:bricks:

As someone else said, this is a punter, but I'm SHOCKED. I had thought Baugher looked pretty damn good. I guess this shows just HOW key Belichick considers placement, inside 20, etc... My guess is the conversation went like this:

"Baugher, we want to take a look at Hanson. He's a veteran, a bit more experience/talent level when it comes to the 'finesse' aspect of punting. However, we want a chance to see these kids like Anam, West, etc... and this is our biggest chance to see them in extended action.

"So here's what we're going to do - we're going to cut you before this last pre-season game, and when we re-sign you (to the roster or the P.S.) we're going to give you a little extra money for helping us out, and after Thursday night, once it's allowed, we'll re-sign you either to the 53 or the PS, depending on what we think of Hanson. How's that sound, kid?"

Last edited:

As someone else said, this is a punter, but I'm SHOCKED. I had thought Baugher looked pretty damn good. I guess this shows just HOW key Belichick considers placement, inside 20, etc... My guess is the conversation went like this:

"Baugher, we want to take a look at Hanson. He's a veteran, a bit more experience/talent level when it comes to the "finesse" aspect of punting. However, we want a chance to see what these kids like Anam, West, etc... have and this is our biggest chance to see them in extended action.

"So here's what we're going to do - we're going to cut you before this last pre-season game, and when we resign you (to the roster or the P.S.) we're going to give you a little extra money for helping us out, and after Thursday night, once it's allowed, we'll re-sign you either to the 53 or the PS, depending on what we think of Hanson. How's that sound, kid?"

Sounds about right to me.

Player is available now too.

Don't be surprised if Miller is opening day kicker.

I'd be very surprised and extremely worried of Miller was the opening day kicker. Now, if he was the opening day punter, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Player is available now too.
I was about to mention that.

How can Belichick pass on the historical significance of having the last single-bar face mask wearing player on his team? :D

Scott-Player.jpg

A bit interesting..wasn'y another punter brought in for a tryout in the last two weeks?? I thought I read that...didn't think all that much about it and...
I agree a one game tryout to see how he does. Baugher could end up back on the PSqd..or maybe Miller will return. I would not be surprised with that.

Yes, they brought in Mitch Burger while the competition between Miller, Malone and Baugher was still hot and heavy. The Pats ALSO placed a waiver claim on the guy who just went to the Cardinals...Which I had found surprising.

Yes, they brought in Mitch Burger while the competition between Miller, Malone and Baugher was still hot and heavy. The Pats ALSO placed a waiver claim on the guy who just went to the Cardinals...Which I had found surprising.
Thanks..I knew they had looked at another as well..I think they wished to keep options open..Another B...Burger..Thanks!!

Gotta say it:

I love WALTER!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill