PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Baugher waived, Chris Hanson signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Baugher Waived. Hansen signed.

Maybe Josh Miller is waiting in the wings? Or Ken Walter?
:eek:

Last edited:

I guess now we can expect some "Mmmmbop" jokes. :bricks:

Plus I supposed there will be no easier shadow roster position then Baugher. If there is any sign of Hansen slipping we could pick up Baugher in a heartbeat. Really makes you think about that clerical error they made with Sauerbrun.

I guess now we can expect some "Mmmmbop" jokes. :bricks:

Or Dateline NBC: To Catch a Predator jokes. If there are such things.

Don't be surprised if Miller is opening day kicker.

I guess Belichick decided he wasn't ready to go with a rookie punter, and wanted someone with experience.

Hanson was the guy who cut his leg with an axe a few years ago. Jack Del Rio had a tree stump with an axe installed in the lockerroom, and players could take swipes. It was supposed to be a motivator, a metaphor for "chopping wood". Hanson took a swing and missed, hitting his leg instead. He ended up going on IR for the year.

I guess Belichick decided he wasn't ready to go with a rookie punter, and wanted someone with experience.

Hanson was the guy who cut his leg with an axe a few years ago. Jack Del Rio had a tree stump with an axe installed in the lockerroom, and players could take swipes. It was supposed to be a motivator, a metaphor for "chopping wood". Hanson took a swing and missed, hitting his leg instead. He ended up going on IR for the year.

He's smart then. That's good.

Don't be surprised if Miller is opening day kicker.

Umm . . . I hope you mean punter. If Miller is the Pats' opening day kicker, we're in for a long season. :)

Another Marshall guy, too. He should know Randy.

Would not be surpirsed if this is a 1 day tryout for Hansen under game pressure. If he struggles I can see him being released tomorrow and Baugher brought back.

Judging from the quote from Baugher's agent in Reiss report, there is no ill will. Baugher seems perfectly happy being on the PS as an insurance policy and biding his time.

I wonder if they pay Baugher more than PS pay, like they did with Billy Yates when he was on the PS, to keep him as a backup without him counting on the roster.

Judging from the quote from Baugher's agent in Reiss report, there is no ill will. Baugher seems perfectly happy being on the PS as an insurance policy and biding his time.

I wonder if they pay Baugher more than PS pay, like they did with Billy Yates when he was on the PS, to keep him as a backup without him counting on the roster.

Just to make it clear: at the moment, Baugher is not a Patriot. He might be signed to the PS early next week, but, right now, any other team that wants him can have him.

I think they want to get a look at Hanson placing it inside the 20, something that Baugher showed some inconsistency with. Go Preseason Game 4 Tryouts!

Looking at Hanson's stats, something's troubling. 5 of his last 238 punts (1/47.6 punts from 2004-2006) have been returned for touchdowns. This compares to 2/190 for Josh Miller over the same period (and 4/747 for Miller's career).
Initially I thought it could be related to Jacksonville's special teams or so I thought but looking at Josh Scobee's kickoff numbers over the same period which is the best comparison for the same special teams unit, he had none of his last 225 kickoffs (over the same period) returned for touchdowns.

This compares to
Dirk Johnson PHL 1/189
Jason Baker CAR 1/224
Jeff Feagles NYG 1/224
Craig Hentrich TEN 1/239
Derrick Frost WAS 0/242

Wow I am as stunned as everyone else. I don't know too much about Hanson but I never saw Baugher being released coming.

Re: Baugher Waived. Hanson signed.

mmm....let's see what will happens...

Re: Baugher Waived. Hanson signed.

Let's go Josh!

Really makes you think about that clerical error they made with Sauerbrun.

Yeah, I've been trying not to think about that, it makes my head hurt. A bizarre brain lapse for such a smart front office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back