Welcome to PatsFans.com

Battlestar Galactica Season 4 - So who is the 5th Cylon?

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by JoeSixPat, Apr 13, 2007.

1. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +84 / 2 / -2

Any theories out there?

My gut says the 5th Cylon isn't just some obscure character - or even a big but not huge character like the Chief.

It's got to be someone very significant. Some think its Roslin - noting her halucinations with the Cylons but I think her having Cylon blood probably could explain that.

My feeling is that it's Adama - and that Lee's the first half-breed.

Of course one of the cylons said that Adama was a cylon way back in one of the first seasons - but of course they didn't really know who the final 5 were themselves, did they?

But if Saul Tigh can be a Cylon and go 40 years back with Adama, then there's no real reason why Adama can't either. Clearly he doesn't know - we don't think he heard the music in the season finale either - but nor did some of the other cylons apparently either.

Adama did somehow have the foresight to be on a Battlestar that wasn't susceptible to the initial cylon attack though - that's kindof intriguing

Overall it just makes sense to me - the final Cylon's identity has to be someone that's going to make everyone pause and reconsider their hatred for the Cylons. That to me, means Adama.

Sure there's plenty of reasons one could cite that its not him - such as the mini-series when he was stuck on the ship in the radiation with the cylon who was feeling the effects of the radiation. But apparently these final 5 are somewhat different from the other cylons anyway - holdovers from the "original" cylon race which apparently dates back to Earth - so there can be ample ways to explain such issues regardless.
  2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The fact that Adama wasn't hurt by that radiation definitely doesn't put him in the clear. [Spoiler ahead, highlight to read.] Chief Tyrel was the first 'person' (ha, ha, now we know better) to walk into that station and he never got sick IIRC. I also know because I lurk over at the SciFi messageboard and Ron Moore, the executive producer, sometimes answers questions there. He was asked about Adama being the last toaster and his answer was an unconditional 'maybe.' I don't think he's decided who the fifth one is yet. As far as I can tell the show's been made up as they go along, with very little advanced planning.
  3. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +84 / 2 / -2

I don't do the podcasts, though I should as they sound interesting. I did read someone else say that he has definately decided who the 5th cylon is and does have the endgame for the final season (though they do stop short of saying this is the final season)

Since he's said that the final 4 cylons are full cylons but are still different I think its safe to assume that they might not be affected by radiation the same way the newer cylons are.

I can't recall from the radiation episode whether the Chief or Ty were also in a situation where they could have been affected by the radiation. If they were that would cinch it. (oh - now I see your spoiler!)
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  4. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,701 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

Yup, the slackers writing the show make it up as they go along. I loved the 1st couple seasons but when it became blatantly obvious that there was no thought whatsoever behind any of the events, I lost interest. Too bad because I loved the concept and love the cast. I could not care less who the 5th Cylon is because the rationale will be lame.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2007